These are NOT the same gospel

Derf

Those who oppose Pauline mid-Acts dispensationalism need to answer just one question:

What did God need Paul for?
I don’t think one has to be opposed to mid-Acts dispensationalism to be opposed to the idea that Peter and Paul preached different gospels.

glorydaz

Looks like we are in agreement of much.
So since we both agree the appointed time for the earthly restoration of the kingdom of Israel wasn't appointed to be until the 2nd coming, then what possible kingdom could be "at hand" since it obviously wasn't the earthly one?
It's either a different kingdom or "at hand" doesn't mean pretty soon.
It can simply mean the power of God is nigh unto you. At hand, like 'nigh unto' can have nothing to do with time and space.

Luke 10:8-9
And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:
And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

Derf

This wasn't about the resurrection.

Matt. 2:1-2 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, 2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
Do you think the birth of Isaac was about the resurrection? I do. The birth of Jesus, was it about the resurrection? Absolutely! Why else did he become a man except to die for our sins so that we could live forever in our new bodies...after resurrection.

Derf

Matt. 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Like this:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (KJV) 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
?

Right Divider

Body part
Like this:
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (KJV) 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
?
Deceivers always stop at verse 10

1 Corinthians 6:10-11 KJV
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. [11] And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Do you think the birth of Isaac was about the resurrection? I do. The birth of Jesus, was it about the resurrection? Absolutely! Why else did he become a man except to die for our sins so that we could live forever in our new bodies...after resurrection.
Ah, so the entire bible is about the resurrection.
I guess we should just have a bible that says resurrection and nothing else.
Well, it might mean a few less posts on the forum.

Last edited:

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
I’ve read this thread and it seems like a fair and simple request. Please show the verses of Christ preaching about his death, burial and resurrection. I think once you do this, it will clear a lot of this up.
I think it will too. So I'm going to delay it a bit.

Christ preached the 'DBR' all right, that much is clear as a bell, and the most important part of this record, in all the 'synoptics', is that he was preaching it to all His future Apostles except one, the mighty Paul. All of them heard Him preach the 'DBR', and as has been discussed and recognized, apparently none of them understood what He was talking about, for perhaps a variety of reasons.

Luke records the Lord saying the following. Look at Him, preaching the 'DBR' to His future Apostles (Lk9:22), "
. . . The Son of man must suffer . . . and be slain, and be raised the third day. [(]23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.[)]
"

Mark also, writing with authorization from Peter, records the Lord thusly (Mk9:31):
" For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day."

And
Mark 10:33 Saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles: 34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Matthew even writes Mt16:21 " From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day."

SO.

Is it true that there were two Gospels in the Gospels? Yes, apparently. Which Gospel was Jesus preaching only to His future Apostles? The 'DBR'. AKA PAUL'S GOSPEL.

End of story.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
By the way. Almost forgot. It's recorded in MY Dispenasationalism's Gospel (John) exactly why Jesus preached the 'DBR' to the future Apostles, even though they didn't understand Him:

John 14:27 "
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. [(He's talking with His future Apostles here----not You; so don't 'get any ideas' about 'applying' this to your life!)]

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. [(DBR)] If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
"

It's so that they would believe Paul's Gospel once He did die, and He was buried, and He did rise from the dead.

And it still took mighty Paul to persuade all the other Apostles what the Lord Jesus was teaching them those three years they spent on the earth with Him. The D. B. R.

The Apostle John (writing under the influence of the Holy Spirit of truth) provided this detail that was missing from the 'synoptics' and that helps clarify them, which seems to be just the type of Gospel that John is. All the broad strokes were made by MM&L and John did detail finish work, so that the four Gospels together told the story the most clear way for all posterity.

Derf

Matt. 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
That’s what resurrection is referring to: entering into life.

glorydaz

By the way. Almost forgot. It's recorded in MY Dispenasationalism's Gospel (John) exactly why Jesus preached the 'DBR' to the future Apostles, even though they didn't understand Him:

John 14:27 "
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. [(He's talking with His future Apostles here----not You; so don't 'get any ideas' about 'applying' this to your life!)]

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. [(DBR)] If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
"

It's so that they would believe Paul's Gospel once He did die, and He was buried, and He did rise from the dead.

And it still took mighty Paul to persuade all the other Apostles what the Lord Jesus was teaching them those three years they spent on the earth with Him. The D. B. R.

The Apostle John (writing under the influence of the Holy Spirit of truth) provided this detail that was missing from the 'synoptics' and that helps clarify them, which seems to be just the type of Gospel that John is. All the broad strokes were made by MM&L and John did detail finish work, so that the four Gospels together told the story the most clear way for all posterity.
They preached what had already been prophesied.

They did not preach the mystery that Paul did.

glorydaz

That’s what resurrection is referring to: entering into life.
True for some, but not for the body of Christ.

Eph. 2:5-6 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: