The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

He isn't so wrong, as you said. You are old and he was not off by far.

You cannot teach because you will not discuss what the scriptures plainly say.

Tell us how there is one 'Divine' Spirit and yet you say there are more?

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.
What I post is not for the folks who are still in Christian 101. As Squeaky would say your still in the milk. Your not ready for meat.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We die, our soul sleeps, there is no knowledge in the grave.

We die, our spirit (breath) goes back to God who gave it to us.

God put eternity into our hearts. Do you think that God can "uncreate" something which he made to be eternal? To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. God loved Enoch and Elijah that they did not die, God brought them straight to heaven. Did they stop existing when He did so?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yep, just most of the NT was written in Aramaic or Hebrew. I understand that the Eastern church has older m/s than the Greek/ Roman churches of the west have. But I am not an expert on that subject.

No, most of the New Testament was written in Greek. None of it was written in Hebrew. How do you expect to know what the Bible says or means if you don't even know what language it was originally written in?

keypurr

God put eternity into our hearts. Do you think that God can "uncreate" something which he made to be eternal? To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. God loved Enoch and Elijah that they did not die, God brought them straight to heaven. Did they stop existing when He did so?

I think God can do anything he wants.

Enoch and Elijah, Where did the chariot go?
No man has seen God except the " Son of Man"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No so, first born means first to be born.
It can mean firstborn as in 1st in sequence.
It can also mean preeminent position that has nothing to do with being 1st born (as in sequence) as in these verses:

David, not the 1st born son of his parents, but is called firstborn by GOD.

Psalms 89:27 KJV
(27) Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.​

Ephraim, not the 1st born son of his parents, but is called firstborn by GOD.

Jeremiah 31:9 KJV​
(9) They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.​

Israel is called firstborn by GOD. Israel/Jacob was not the 1st born of his parents.

Exodus 4:22 KJV​
(22) And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:​

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do not believe that our departed loved ones are in heaven looking down on us. It's nice to think that they are but......

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

Keypurr, If no one exists with God in heaven, then WHY would God send His Son to die for us? What would be the point? If we don't exist after death, there IS NO POINT to it.

keypurr

No, most of the New Testament was written in Greek. None of it was written in Hebrew. How do you expect to know what the Bible says or means if you don't even know what language it was originally written in?

You differ from the Eastern church Judge. They have a lot of history that the western church does not.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You differ from the Eastern church Judge. They have a lot of history that the western church does not.

What on Earth are you talking about? I'm stating facts here. The ORIGINAL New Testament was written mostly in GREEK, NOT ARAMAIC.

This is not something from the Eastern Church, it's HISTORICAL FACT.

keypurr

It can mean firstborn as in 1st in sequence.
It can also mean preeminent position that has nothing to do with being 1st born (as in sequence) as in these verses:

David, not the 1st born son of his parents, but is called firstborn by GOD.

Psalms 89:27 KJV
(27) Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.​

Ephraim, not the 1st born son of his parents, but is called firstborn by GOD.

Jeremiah 31:9 KJV​
(9) They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.​

Israel is called firstborn by GOD. Israel/Jacob was not the 1st born of his parents.

Exodus 4:22 KJV​
(22) And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:​
First born can mean both but my books tell me that first born mean first to NE born like 2 to 1 over presidence. I do not have that book with me at the moment so I am trusting my memory.

keypurr

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

Keypurr, If no one exists with God in heaven, then WHY would God send His Son to die for us? What would be the point? If we don't exist after death, there IS NO POINT to it.
Is he not coming back to get us?

Do we not rest in the grave?

Will not our bodies be changed?

Then our faith is in vain.

Hopefully our Lord will not forget us and we will be with him in a better world.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do not believe that our departed loved ones are in heaven looking down on us. It's nice to think that they are but......

Keypurr, If no one exists after they die, then who are the martyrs in Heaven in Revelation 6:9-11? Your beliefs are NOT based on scripture. You need to seek help from someone who truly knows the word of God and who can teach it. I recommend kgov.com. The pastor is the leader of a Bible believing church that is focused on truth, not tradition.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First born can mean both but my books tell me that first born mean first to NE born like 2 to 1 over presidence. I do not have that book with me at the moment so I am trusting my memory.

Keypur, put your brain in gear, man.
The quantity of how many times it is used one way does not expel how many times it is used in another way.

Since we have scripture that verifies that the Son created ALL things, and that the Son has the name above ALL names, it's abundantly clear that the Son is preeminent over ALL creation.