The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

Jesus was sent from heaven, His Father, through Mary's womb.

I disagree friend, the Holy Ghost came down, not Jesus. Jesus was a man.

Jesus is the body prepared for Christ mentioned in Heb 10:5

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Wrong, I am only 81

My apologies.

and I do know more than most churches about some things.

Who's authority should we trust when it comes to Scripture, yours? or the authors of the Bible?

I have no traditional chains to tie me down to the fables of my forefathers.

I'm still waiting for your "better translation" that you said you possess.

The world is round, not flat.

What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

God has blessed me with knowledge that most will not understand because it does not fit their Sunday school lessons.

I will admit that the church today cannot handle even the milk of God's word, but that does NOT mean that we should not fellowship with and learn from other believers. So, just because you decided to drop out of going to church you think you know better than the leaders in the church? You think that you can gain more wisdom and knowledge about the Bible from the World than you can your pastor? You're more foolish than I thought.

I am the one who will face the Master and tell him I did my best Lord, deal with me as you will.

I'm at least glad that you're going to own up to your decisions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Your confused idea of what "express image of His person" means it your fundamental problem.

You've been shown what it means, but you refuse the truth.

You ALWAYS try to disconnect IMAGE from EXPRESS. It a SINGLE word meaning CHARACTER. The LORD Jesus Christ is NOT a created "spirit son" as you falsely claim.

Why is the Son of God called a creature in Col 1:15?

Col 1:15 ]Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

God's Truth

Col 1:15 ]Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Jesus' physical body was created, but his Spirit is the Spirit of God.

We humans have a created body and a created spirit and our spirit lives on after the death of our bodies.

HOWEVER, Jesus' Spirit IS THE SPIRIT OF GOD come in the flesh as a Son of Man, a Son of God.

Right Divider

Body part

Firstborn means PREEMINENT.

Verse 16 says that He CREATED ALL THINGS and yet YOU say that God created Him.... You might as well be a JW (perhaps you are).

God's Truth

Verse 16 says that He CREATED ALL THINGS and yet YOU say that God created Him.... You might as well be a JW (perhaps you are).

God the Father, Jesus, created himself a body of flesh in Mary's womb.

God put His own Spirit into the flesh body in Mary's womb to come to earth as a Man.

Keypurr denies that humans have a spirit inside us that is us, and never dies.

Jesus had his own Spirit in his flesh body and that Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father himself.

keypurr

The Holy Spirit came into a flesh body and was that person's Spirit.

We all have our own spirit, and we receive the Holy Spirit to live with us when we are saved; BUT Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

Not that simple GT.

The spirit of the DOVE was the same spirit that is the express image of the Father. He was given the fullness of his creator. That is the POWER he received at his baptism. Acts 10:38.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

This spirit is the Son of Man that came down from heaven and dwelled in Jesus. This is the spirit that became flesh in the body prepared for it in Heb 10:5

Heb 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Folks do not understand this for it is new to them.

keypurr

Yes, Jesus was a man. He had mission from His Father to be the Lamb for us.

He had to be a man to be the Lamb.

Amen, but there is more to the story. He is the body prepared to hold the Son of Man. The Son of Man is a spirit, not a man. That spirit became flesh in Jesus and spoke through him.

keypurr

God the Father, Jesus, created himself a body of flesh in Mary's womb.

Not so, the Holy Ghost was sent to Mary, not Jesus.

God put His own Spirit into the flesh body in Mary's womb to come to earth as a Man.

Yup, by way of the Holy Ghost

Keypurr denies that humans have a spirit inside us that is us, and never dies.

Where did I say that?

Jesus had his own Spirit in his flesh body and that Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father himself.
Your confused friend. How can I help you if you do not see what I post?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not that simple GT.

The spirit of the DOVE was the same spirit that is the express image of the Father. He was given the fullness of his creator. That is the POWER he received at his baptism. Acts 10:38.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

This spirit is the Son of Man that came down from heaven and dwelled in Jesus. This is the spirit that became flesh in the body prepared for it in Heb 10:5

Keypurr, the verses provided above that talk about the Holy Spirit coming down to Jesus DO NOT say that the Holy Spirit entered Him. It says the 'dove' came down and landed on him.

keypurr

No so, first born means first to be born. God created all things through his FIRSTBORN, who is a creature.

The JW's are a lot smarter than you are RD, but I am not one of them. I am just a truth s seeker that proves all things before he accepts them.

keypurr

Keypurr, the verses provided above that talk about the Holy Spirit coming down to Jesus DO NOT say that the Holy Spirit entered Him. It says the 'dove' came down and landed on him.

How about Acts 10:38, does that make it cleared for you?

The power is the express image in Heb 1.

Right Divider

Body part
No so, first born means first to be born.
No, it does not.

God created all things through his FIRSTBORN, who is a creature.
The Bible says otherwise. It says that Christ CREATED ALL THINGS. Deal with it.

The JW's are a lot smarter than you are RD, but I am not one of them. I am just a truth s seeker that proves all things before he accepts them.
Insult all that you want, old heretic. You have a false god.

God's Truth

Not that simple GT.
It is that simple.
God says that the truth is revealed to little children.

Listen carefully, so we can talk deeply about the words of God.
God's Spirit can be in many and all places at once.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit of God and the Holy Spirit of God did come upon him.

To say the Holy Spirit came upon someone means they are given some kind of power.

In the Old Testament the Spirit of God came upon people to speak things from God to the people.

In the New Testament the Spirit of God came upon Jesus with power to give him power for his earthly ministry; not unlike when the Spirit of God came upon the apostles AFTER they had already received the Holy Spirit.

John 20:22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

Did you read that?

That was before Pentecost.

At Pentecost the Holy Spirit came upon them with power to preach the gospel message and do miracles.

Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
John 20:22

That is right. Now remember, all humans have their own Spirit.

So then, when the Spirit from heaven came in Jesus in Mary's womb, it was the only Spirit Jesus had, and his Spirit was and is the Spirit of God. If not, then where is Jesus' spirit if it is a man's spirit? How can the spirit of a man live in others? Only the Spirit of God can live in others and at the same time.

I do understand what you are saying, except now try to understand what I am saying.

The Bible says there is ONE SPIRIT; so then, how is it that the Spirit of the Father and the Spirit of Christ---according to you TWO different Spirits...how can two live in us if we are only given one Spirit when we are saved?

God's Truth

Not so, the Holy Ghost was sent to Mary, not Jesus.

Yup, by way of the Holy Ghost

Where did I say that?

Your confused friend. How can I help you if you do not see what I post?

You do say when we die physically we are no more. You have said it here in this thread.

You said our spirits do not live on after the death of our body.