The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

What on Earth are you talking about? I'm stating facts here. The ORIGINAL New Testament was written mostly in GREEK, NOT ARAMAIC.

This is not something from the Eastern Church, it's HISTORICAL FACT.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app
Who's fact?

Certainly not the Church Peter started in Babylon where there was a large population Jews to convert. I am no expert on the subject and I doubt you are too.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Is he not coming back to get us?

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

Do we not rest in the grave?

No, we don't. Those who died before Christ's birth, death, and ressurection did, but no more. For Christians, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

Will not our bodies be changed?

They will be.

Then our faith is in vain.

So you would believe that instead of what the Bible says?

Hopefully our Lord will not forget us and we will be with him in a better world.

Is that a legitimate concern of yours? That God would forget us? You truly are lost.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Who's fact?

Certainly not the Church Peter started in Babylon where there was a large population Jews to convert. I am no expert on the subject and I doubt you are too.

Keypurr, fact is not subject to one's opinion. Fact is fact. The FACT that the New Testament was originally written in Greek cannot be refuted. It is an absolute fact, one that is true for everyone.

keypurr

Keypurr, If no one exists after they die, then who are the martyrs in Heaven in Revelation 6:9-11? Your beliefs are NOT based on scripture. You need to seek help from someone who truly knows the word of God and who can teach it. I recommend kgov.com. The pastor is the leader of a Bible believing church that is focused on truth, not tradition.

Revelations is symbolic.

I have spent many hours with a dozen Pastors about my thoughts. Fifty years ago a pastor with a Phd told me that Daniel and Revelations are not to be known. That was a big warning flag for me.

Ask your Pastor why your services are not held on the Sabbath. Ask him why most still bow to the traditions of the early Catholic Church, ask him why pagan holidays are some how in the Christian church. Pastors must support the doctrines of the church that is paying them or they will be out the door.

Don't take me wrong, most pastors are sincere in their beliefs and loving caring people, but their education is structured to fit the majority of churches. They need to follow the rules of the churches they preach at.

What God has given me I can not hide under a bushel, I must let it shine. If it is offensive I can not help that. It is not my in tension to offend but to display what God has shared with me.

keypurr

Keypur, put your brain in gear, man.
The quantity of how many times it is used one way does not expel how many times it is used in another way.

Since we have scripture that verifies that the Son created ALL things, and that the Son has the name above ALL names, it's abundantly clear that the Son is preeminent over ALL creation.
It also means that he was created FIRST.

keypurr

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

No, we don't. Those who died before Christ's birth, death, and ressurection did, but no more. For Christians, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

They will be.

So you would believe that instead of what the Bible says?

Is that a legitimate concern of yours? That God would forget us? You truly are lost.

You do understand my post, right.

He is returning to get some of us.
Sleep death has no time limit.

keypurr

Keypurr, fact is not subject to one's opinion. Fact is fact. The FACT that the New Testament was originally written in Greek cannot be refuted. It is an absolute fact, one that is true for everyone.

Many scholars disagree my friend.

It is more than the book of Matthew that was written in Aramaic/Hebrew. The Greek can not be completely safe to translate properly into English. They just don't have the words.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They are sleeping BR. Waiting for the Lord to return.
Time is not know to them, their thoughts perish, they know nothing.

We will join them someday.

I must disagree in that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Soul sleep is not biblical.

From Carm.org

What is soul sleep?
by Matt Slick

Soul sleep is the teaching that when a person dies, his soul "sleeps" until the time of the future resurrection. In this condition, the person is not aware or conscious. The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Seventh-day Adventists hold to this doctrine. But the Jehovah's Witnesses teach annihilation. This means that after death a person ceases to exist. At the future resurrection they maintain that the soul is made again. Basically, it is a re-creation of the individual. The Seventh-day Adventists teach at the soul is simply inert and resides in the memory of God.

The primary verses used to support soul sleep are found in Ecclesiastes:

Eccl. 9:5, For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten."
Eccl. 12:7, "then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."
Ecclesiastes must be understood in the context of its own commentary, which says at the opening of the book, "The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. 2 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher, “Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.” 3 What advantage does man have in all his work which he does under the sun?" (Eccl. 1:1-3). The writer is telling us how things are from the human perspective, from "under the sun." He is not telling us doctrinal statements about whether or not the soul continues after death. Besides, it's a mistake to use the Old Testament to interpret the New Testament. It is the New Testament that sheds light on the Old Testament.

In the New Testament we see Paul say in 2 Cor. 5:8, "we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord." Paul is clearly telling us that when he dies, he will go and be with the Lord. Furthermore, at the Transfiguration of Jesus (Matt. 17:1-8) we see Moses and Elijah who were alive. There was no soul sleep with them.

Therefore, the doctrine of soul sleep is incorrect. The soul continues on after death. The wicked face the judgment of God, and the Christians will dwell in His presence.

Both groups are in error about soul sleep.

keypurr

I must disagree in that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Soul sleep is not biblical.

From Carm.org

What is soul sleep?
by Matt Slick

Soul sleep is the teaching that when a person dies, his soul "sleeps" until the time of the future resurrection. In this condition, the person is not aware or conscious. The Jehovah's Witnesses and the Seventh-day Adventists hold to this doctrine. But the Jehovah's Witnesses teach annihilation. This means that after death a person ceases to exist. At the future resurrection they maintain that the soul is made again. Basically, it is a re-creation of the individual. The Seventh-day Adventists teach at the soul is simply inert and resides in the memory of God.

The primary verses used to support soul sleep are found in Ecclesiastes:

Eccl. 9:5, For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten."
Eccl. 12:7, "then the dust will return to the earth as it was, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."
Ecclesiastes must be understood in the context of its own commentary, which says at the opening of the book, "The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem. 2 “Vanity of vanities,” says the Preacher, “Vanity of vanities! All is vanity.” 3 What advantage does man have in all his work which he does under the sun?" (Eccl. 1:1-3). The writer is telling us how things are from the human perspective, from "under the sun." He is not telling us doctrinal statements about whether or not the soul continues after death. Besides, it's a mistake to use the Old Testament to interpret the New Testament. It is the New Testament that sheds light on the Old Testament.

In the New Testament we see Paul say in 2 Cor. 5:8, "we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord." Paul is clearly telling us that when he dies, he will go and be with the Lord. Furthermore, at the Transfiguration of Jesus (Matt. 17:1-8) we see Moses and Elijah who were alive. There was no soul sleep with them.

Therefore, the doctrine of soul sleep is incorrect. The soul continues on after death. The wicked face the judgment of God, and the Christians will dwell in His presence.

Both groups are in error about soul sleep.
The transfiguration was a VISION my friend.

You only show a weak verse that most use to support their beliefs that their loved ones are in heaven.

If that is true, why is he coming back?
Who is he going to raise?

Your article is in error.
The dead know nothing, their thoughts perish.

Ponder on that my friend.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Revelations is symbolic.

It's not. It's quite literal.

I have spent many hours with a dozen Pastors about my thoughts. Fifty years ago a pastor with a Phd told me that Daniel and Revelations are not to be known. That was a big warning flag for me.

Ask your Pastor why your services are not held on the Sabbath.

They're not held on the Sabbath (which is Saturday) because God rested on the 7th day.

Ask him why most still bow to the traditions of the early Catholic Church,

Because most don't know the Bible. They've become lactose intolerant to even the milk of the Bible, let alone the meat.

ask him why pagan holidays are some how in the Christian church.

kgov.com/Christmas

Pastors must support the doctrines of the church that is paying them or they will be out the door.

Denver Bible Church has no foundation or church backing them. They rely on the truth of the Bible to bring in members.

Don't take me wrong, most pastors are sincere in their beliefs and loving caring people, but their education is structured to fit the majority of churches. They need to follow the rules of the churches they preach at.

Again, not all churches. Denver Bible Church is structured to teach the Word of God, the Truth, not some extra-biblical theology.

What God has given me I can not hide under a bushel, I must let it shine. If it is offensive I can not help that. It is not my in tension to offend but to display what God has shared with me.

There are answers available to all of those questions and more. If you'd like, I will purchase you a copy of "The Plot" for you to read, which is an overview of the entire Bible. I'll even purchase the audio version instead of the written version, which I found to be far easier to understand. You need to submit yourself to teaching of raw unadulterated truth.

store.kgov.com/the-plot

keypurr

It's not. It's quite literal.

They're not held on the Sabbath (which is Saturday) because God rested on the 7th day.

Because most don't know the Bible. They've become lactose intolerant to even the milk of the Bible, let alone the meat.

kgov.com/Christmas

Denver Bible Church has no foundation or church backing them. They rely on the truth of the Bible to bring in members.

Again, not all churches. Denver Bible Church is structured to teach the Word of God, the Truth, not some extra-biblical theology.

There are answers available to all of those questions and more. If you'd like, I will purchase you a copy of "The Plot" for you to read, which is an overview of the entire Bible. I'll even purchase the audio version instead of the written version, which I found to be far easier to understand. You need to submit yourself to teaching of raw unadulterated truth.

store.kgov.com/the-plot

I an glad that your Denver church is free from the rest. I wish I was in Denver to visit it. You folks have been great with this website. We disagree on most but we disagree with love hoping to understand each other. Please thank the church for their support of this site and being tolerant of my thoughts.

I am on my way out again so I will get back to you later.