The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

Bob Enyart? I don't know who that is and I don't know any reason why I should.

Also, I have never personally known a Jehovah's Witness nor do I care for that Catholic term.

Bob is the Pastor of Denver bible Church and is the owner of TOL.

Seems knowledgeable but a little pushy, but kind enough to let us exchange or thoughts here.

I have been debating with JW's for over forty years. Matter of fact the night John Kennedy was elected President I had six of them in my living room. Ask them to come back with some answers, twenty years later they knocked on my door in my new house. They were surprised to see me. I find them nice people but I do not agree with them, or the rest of the churches either.

keypurr

You saying that Jesus was "just like us" is blaspheme.

Isa 9:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

That verse speaks of Christ.

If Jesus did not die as A MAN then the sacrifice was useless.

keypurr

You are such an idiot. There is no other way to put it.

The being "made a little lower than the angels" is about Him being made flesh. Taking on a human nature.

What was he before being made in flesh?

Your funny.

You say he was MADE but not a creation. Proof Jamie is right, you need to read more.

keypurr

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God...

Let's say for the sake of discussion that there is one God and that the one God is Spirit. We know that Jesus said humans must be born again, not of woman but of the Spirit. What kind of being would the Spirit give birth to?

What if the Spirit gave birth to Spirit? Paul said there is one Spirit so what kind of being would those born of the Spirit be?

Currently there are two Spirit beings and countless spirit beings. The spirit beings are not, and for the time being, cannot be Spirit. Being born of the Spirit is only available at this time for those born of woman.

Our heavenly Father is Spirit, Jesus said so. (John 4:24)

Scripture reveals that Jesus is also Spirit. (Revelation 22:17)

So scripture says the Father is Spirit and scripture says the Son is Spirit.

And Jesus said we must be born of Spirit.

Do you deny both Father and Son are Spirit, one Spirit comprised of two beings?

Or do you deny God is Spirit?

keypurr

Let's say for the sake of discussion that there is one God and that the one God is Spirit. We know that Jesus said humans must be born again, not of woman but of the Spirit. What kind of being would the Spirit give birth to?

The word “Spirit” in the New Testament is translated from the greek word “Pneuma” which occurs 385 times. “Pneuma” is translated “Spirit” 291 times, ”ghost” 92, “wind” once and “Life” once.

I would say a "Spirit" would give birth to a spirit, but Jesus was born of a Woman, so he is human., God is spirit so is his express image son.

What if the Spirit gave birth to Spirit? Paul said there is one Spirit so what kind of being would those born of the Spirit be?

In what way is he using the word "Spirit"? This can be a problem in the Greek.

Currently there are two Spirit beings and countless spirit beings. The spirit beings are not, and for the time being, cannot be Spirit. Being born of the Spirit is only available at this time for those born of woman.

Spirit beings and Spirit are not the same.

Our heavenly Father is Spirit, Jesus said so. (John 4:24)

Yes, and so is his true Son.

Scripture reveals that Jesus is also Spirit. (Revelation 22:17)

Jesus became a spirit being when he went to heaven for flesh and blood can not go there.

So scripture says the Father is Spirit and scripture says the Son is Spirit.

Are "Spirit" or "a Spirit"? "a spirit" would be a being.

And Jesus said we must be born of Spirit.

This would seem to be the Holy Spirit.

Do you deny both Father and Son are Spirit, one Spirit comprised of two beings?

Or do you deny God is Spirit?

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I believe that the Father and the son are each a spirit being. Exactly alike except one is created and one is not.

keypurr

He was in the form of God:

"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men" (Phil.2:6-7).​

What form would that be?

Would he be like the express image?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The word “Spirit” in the New Testament is translated from the greek word “Pneuma” which occurs 385 times. “Pneuma” is translated “Spirit” 291 times, ”ghost” 92, “wind” once and “Life” once.

I would say a "Spirit"Jesus was born of a Woman, so he is human., God is spirit so is his express image son.

In what way is he using the word "Spirit"? This can be a problem in the Greek.

Spirit beings and Spirit are not the same.

Yes, and so is his true Son.

Jesus became a spirit being when he went to heaven for flesh and blood can not go there.

Are "Spirit" or "a Spirit"? "a spirit" would be a being.

This would seem to be the Holy Spirit.

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I believe that the Father and the son are each a spirit being. Exactly alike except one is created and one is not.
Is Jesus not a man anymore?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Christ is the created son, a spirit being. He was given the power and fullness of his creator. So he is a form of God. Yet he is not God, only his Father is.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

You tell me.
No, I asked you a specific question. I require a specific answer. Is Jesus no longer a man?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Christ is the created son, a spirit being. He was given the power and fullness of his creator. So he is a form of God. Yet he is not God, only his Father is.
You believe and teach this rubbish that is not Scripture, and deny the scripture "Jesus is God with us." Fork tongued.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

You tell me.

Scripture tells us:

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

keypurr

Scripture tells us:

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
I agree that it can be questionable friend.

Jesus was a man on earth, but did not his body change when he went to his Father?

Are not we all to change when he returns?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app