The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Remember that "Alpha and Omega" verse? The one where Jesus says that that's what He is? How could He possibly say that and not lie if He is not God? The Father is the Alpha and Omega, so why would Jesus say that He Himself is? Is Jesus a liar?

Good point.

I am He who lives and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. (Revelation 1:18)​

Was the Father also crucified or how did he die?

keypurr

Listen to these. Jesus was not created.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Friend, I listened to the first one and was unable to get the others. I was not impressed with Bob E presentation. He tried to push his way into the conversation and did not want to let go.

There is no "God the Son" mentioned in the scriptures yet he just seems to assume there is. Any one can repeat verses but you got to know what is in them. He was not wrong on most but he only sees part of the picture. Christ is the exact image, copy of his creator. Scripture is very clear on that. All the babbling Bob did with his many verses do not really address the reality that there is only one God, and Jesus has a God. He never addresses the express image spirit son of God who is the only true "Son of Man".

Jesus did not come down from heaven. Jesus was born to Mary by God using the Holy Spirit. The spirit son, a creation, was given the power of his Father. He is a godlike creature. This is the true son that came down from the Father.

Pastors are educated to the traditions handed down to them. Their studies are slanted to benefit the churches that support them. If a pastor taught my thoughts on scripture he would be out of a job. I do not have the restrictions that a Pastor has, I do not need to defend false doctrine. I sincerely believe that God has blessed me with some very important knowledge to share.

Friend for many years I was a Trin. I sat in church week after week, year after year listening to the same old bla bla bla half truths that the church told to the Pastor to preach on. I was a board member, active to the point that three days a week I had meeting for this and that. Finely I told my wife I had enough, I went to the pastor and told him that I no longer felt God in the church so I must leave to follow the teachings of scripture.

God the Father is the only true God, listen to your Lord. Jhn 17:3

keypurr

keypurr, I'm glad to see that you changed your vote and that you finally believe in the Trinity !! Way to go buckaroo !!!

Patrick, I can never have more than one God, that is the same God that sent Christ to us.

The Trinity does not exist in scriptures, Christ never taught it and neither did his Apostles. The Trinity is a Pagan product brought into the church by the RCC. There is only one that is uncreated, that is the Father, YHWH. Y'shua is his son.

You must deal with that in your own way my friend.

Right Divider

Body part
Well, of course not. We have go out and get our own glory, right?

Down to the glory store, away I go, just skipping along, singing my song.

But then on the other hand, Jesus said, "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one." (John 17:22)
The LORD Jesus Christ has another glory BEFORE that.

John 17:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(17:5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Your inability to distinguish things makes you confused and silly.

P.S. This is another CLEAR statement of the deity of the LORD Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
OK, I'll try. There is no scripture that says Jesus is the Most High or that he is the Father.

Beats me as to how that is blasphemy.

Perhaps you should explain.
You saying that Jesus was "just like us" is blaspheme.

Isa 9:6 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:6) For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

That verse speaks of Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You saying that Jesus was "just like us" is blaspheme.

Well, why didn't you say so?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Jesus was made like his brethren so that he might be a High Priest in things pertaining to God to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

If we accept that Jesus is like us why is it blasphemy to say he is one of us?

Is it also blasphemy to say we have the same eternal father as he, that we are brothers with him, kinfolk?

Some years ago an executive decision was made that humans should not only be made an image of God but also to eventually become like them.

Someone on TOL said that things that are the same are not different. However, many on TOL believe that God totally failed in reaching his stated objective of reproducing himself. Many dispute God by claiming the clay images of God in no way resemble God and can never be like him.

This would mean that Jesus lived and died in vain, that there is no way clay images can ever be changed into the likeness of God in nature and character. You and others seem to believe God simply bit off more than he can chew, that he set for himself an impossible objective.

You and others don't believe the Word of the LORD could give up being Spirit in order to become clay. What's worse is that many believe that for Mary's boy to become 100% clay he must have still been 100% Spirit as if clay and Spirit are the same thing.

What's even more ironic is that many on TOL seem to believe Jesus is still clay. But God's stated objective was never to create eternal clay men and women. God's objective was to reproduce himself, to have children like him.

You and others say impossible. Give it up, your plan will never work, we are but clay and we must forever remain clay. You are a Dreamer and have only created for yourself a fantasy world.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand —
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep — while I weep!
O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Edgar Poe​

Right Divider

Body part
Well, why didn't you say so?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Jesus was made like his brethren so that he might be a High Priest in things pertaining to God to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
No, let's not. Why another post full of your opinions? What does the scripture say?

If we accept that Jesus is like us why is it blasphemy to say he is one of us?
In His humanity is He may be like us, but in His DEITY... He is NOT like us.

It is heresy to make Jesus JUST a man.

Is it also blasphemy to say we have the same eternal father as he, that we are brothers with him, kinfolk?
Once again, it depends on whether you are ignoring His TWO natures. This appears to be your problem.

Some years ago an executive decision was made that humans should not only be made an image of God but also to eventually become like them.
You will NEVER be God. That is, ONCE AGAIN, heresy!

Someone on TOL said that things that are the same are not different.
I don't really care what some unnamed, unquoted source on TOL says.

However, many on TOL believe that God totally failed in reaching his stated objective of reproducing himself.
That is, ONCE AGAIN, heresy. There is NO such statement in scripture. God is unique and there is NONE like Him.

Exod 9:13-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:13) ¶ And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me. (9:14) For I will at this time send all my plagues upon thine heart, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people; that thou mayest know that [there is] none like me in all the earth.

Isa 46:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(46:9) Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me,

Many dispute God by claiming the clay images of God in no way resemble God and can never be like him.
Made in His IMAGE and not identical to Him. There is NONE like Him.

This would mean that Jesus lived and died in vain, that there is no way clay images can ever be changed into the likeness of God in nature and character. You and others seem to believe God simply bit off more than he can chew, that he set for himself an impossible objective.
You're a scripture twister turning the truth into a lie.

You and others don't believe the Word of the LORD could give up being Spirit in order to become clay.
Your confusion is certainly consistent. The LORD Jesus Christ NEVER gave up being Spirit! The LORD Jesus Christ has TWO natures and that will NEVER change again.

What's worse is that many believe that for Mary's boy to become 100% clay he must have still been 100% Spirit as if clay and Spirit are the same thing.
The LORD Jesus Christ is 100% BOTH. You are confused and have accepted a heretical belief system.

What's even more ironic is that many on TOL seem to believe Jesus is still clay. But God's stated objective was never to create eternal clay men and women. God's objective was to reproduce himself, to have children like him.
Wrong, wrong and wrong. You are consistent. I guess that you have NO clue what RESURRECTION is.

You and others say impossible. Give it up, your plan will never work, we are but clay and we must forever remain clay. You are a Dreamer and have only created for yourself a fantasy world.
I believe the scripture and you don't.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand —
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep — while I weep!
O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Edgar Poe​
It's telling that you only quote Poe and NOT scripture!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, let's not. Why another post full of your opinions? What does the scripture say?

This scripture says this: "Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people." (Hebrews 2:17)

Right Divider

Body part
This scripture says this: "Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people." (Hebrews 2:17)
Yes, this means that the LORD Jesus Christ was FULLY human. This does NOT mean that He gave up His DEITY.

What is the THEREFORE, there for?

Read the WHOLE passage to understand what it means.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Somebody said to avoid angel worship.

Keep reading, maybe you'll come across it.

:rotfl: Hopeless

Right Divider

Body part
You're not at all familiar with scripture are you?
That insult is completely unnecessary. I'm very familiar with the scripture and want make sure that I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

He who rejects Me and does not receive My words has that which judges him — the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. (John 12:48)​
That is completely irrelevant to our discussion here.

Right Divider

Body part
Does it mean that he was made lower than the angels?

:rotfl: A deity lower than the angels. That's a good one. :rotfl:
You are such an idiot. There is no other way to put it.

The being "made a little lower than the angels" is about Him being made flesh. Taking on a human nature.