The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Wrong! Jesus is His Son.

Matthew 3:16-17New King James Version (NKJV)

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

When a person comes from another person that person is called 'son' or 'daughter'.

Jesus is called Son because he came from God in the flesh.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
πορευθεντες ουν μαθητευσατε παντα τα εθνη βαπτιζοντες αυτους εις το ονομα του πατρος και του υιου και του αγιου πνευματος

There is no example of this formula being used in the NT. Our eternal life is in the Son. He who has the Son has life.

God's Truth

Jesus is not different from God the Father they are the same God. See John 16:13-14; John 5:19; John 8:28; John 12:49; and, John 12:50; John 14:10.

John 16:13 "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 8:28 So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

John 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

John 12:14 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is not different from God the Father they are the same God. See John 16:13-14; John 5:19; John 8:28; John 12:49; and, John 12:50; John 14:10.

John 16:13 "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 8:28 So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

John 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

John 12:14 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

The dispute is not whether He is God or not. The dispute is that He is Not the Father. :duh:

God's Truth

Jesus speaks to me. I speak to Jesus all the time. Do I say when will I ever hear from the Father? Do I say when will I ever speak to the Father? No, I do not say that, for they ARE THE SAME.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Have you ever heard from the Father anything different than what Jesus has said and done?
Matthew 11:25-30New King James Version (NKJV)

Jesus Gives True Rest
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26 Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

God's Truth

Anybody?

God's Truth

God is Spirit.

Jesus says that he is Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is Spirit.

We do NOT receive three different Spirits.

We receive ONE Spirit, and that One Spirit is God the Father, God the Father the Son, and the Holy Spirit.