The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Apple7

I'm pretty sure that Acts and Romans that you quoted above says "worship the name of the Lord" and not "worship God's name as Triune."

Mat 28.19 informs us that the singular Name of God is Father, Son and Spirit.

Thus, if you worship His Name, then you are worshipping The Trinity.

Simple.

Apple7

Prove me wrong with scripture. I could not care any less about your personal opinions.

πορευθεντες ουν μαθητευσατε παντα τα εθνη βαπτιζοντες αυτους εις το ονομα του πατρος και του υιου και του αγιου πνευματος

God's Truth

I understand the trinity doctrine.

They are NOT distinct. Distinct means different. They are not different.

What ever God says Jesus says. What ever Jesus does God does.

When you see Jesus you can say, "I see the Father".

They are the exact same.

Apple7

They are the exact same.

Each is the one God...but each is NOT the other.

Simple.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

They are the exact same.
The Christian doctrine of the Trinity (Latin: Trinitas, lit. 'triad', from trinus, "threefold")[1] holds that God is three consubstantial persons[2] or hypostases[3]—the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit—as "one God in three Divine Persons". The three persons are distinct, yet are one "substance, essence or nature" (homoousios).[4] In this context, a "nature" is what one is, whereas a "person" is who one is.[5][6][7] Wikipedia

You are wrong. Get it right.

God's Truth

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Who created us?

Rosenritter

Mat 28.19 informs us that the singular Name of God is Father, Son and Spirit.

Thus, if you worship His Name, then you are worshipping The Trinity.

Simple.

Technically, that passage says that God has the names of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. That passage equally supports the Oneness View. That passage does nothing to define a Trinity. What you are doing is taking an extra-biblical definition and trying to find passages to paste on top of it. That's classic eisigesis. And worse yet, they don't even prove what you claim they do.

If you want to say that God's name includes Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Jesus, Holy, first and the last, beginning and the end, Alpha and Omega, Lord of Hosts, LORD Jehovah, LORD our Righteousness, Lion of Judah, Lamb of God, Son of Man, Word of God, and God Almighty, you can demonstrate each of those from scripture. That doesn't prove a doctrine of Trinity, it doesn't prove a doctrine of Sexdecinity (Sixteen in One).

I would have more respect for your arguments if they remained rational. Here, try this. Start with defining your terms. State where it is derived, get agreement of the definitions, then proceed. Don't continue while there are grey areas unless you are willing to concede those areas.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not what God says.

Jesus is God the Father with a body. It is how we hear and see God.

Wrong! Jesus is His Son.

Matthew 3:16-17New King James Version (NKJV)

16 When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”