The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

'Debar Yahweh' = The Word of Yahweh = The Son.

That sounded like a bit of a stretch at first, but it could be meant like that. Are you willing to allow that God either foreknew or planned the word similarity between "word of the Lord" and "LOGOS" (WORD) in Greek? If so, then perhaps he also included English in his list of foreknowledge. Here's another one for you:

Jeremiah 23:5-6 KJV
(5) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
(6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Malachi 4:1-2 KJV
(1) For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
(2) But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

The "Sun of Righteousness" is also the "Son of Righteousness" (also the LORD our Righteousness.) Another one of those places where the Hebrew prophets plain out call Jesus by the name Jehovah. While that gives Keypurr yet another passage to ignore, it doesn't actually establish a "Trinity" dogma.

marhig

I just added every no voter to my ignore list. They're going to hell.
Peace

Blimey, talk about judgemental! You two need to be careful, those you are judging could be closer to God than both of you!

This is the heart of Christ!

Luke 9

And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Jesus even wanted to save those who did not receive him, and you're judging those who have received him!

Jesus never gave up hope, he tried to save as many as possible right up until his last breath. And everyone has a chance up until their last breath on this earth to repent, believe and turn to God.

The holy spirit in Gods people should be looking to save not destroy, we should be hoping for all to go to heaven not condemning others to hell, the word of God does the judging and God will decide who's going where.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that you go to hell if you don't believe in the trinity!

Apple7

That sounded like a bit of a stretch at first, but it could be meant like that.

Its elementary to those of us who study the original languages.

Are you willing to allow that God either foreknew or planned the word similarity between "word of the Lord" and "LOGOS" (WORD) in Greek? If so, then perhaps he also included English in his list of foreknowledge.

Your very own example shows that Debar Yahweh has always been God - even in the OT.

Here's another one for you:

Jeremiah 23:5-6 KJV
(5) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
(6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Yet more Trinity proof...

The Branch is The Messiah.

The Branch is 'Yahweh, our Righteousness'.

Apple7

Blimey, talk about judgemental! You two need to be careful, those you are judging could be closer to God than both of you!

This is the heart of Christ!

Luke 9

And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Jesus even wanted to save those who did not receive him, and you're judging those who have received him!

Jesus never gave up hope, he tried to save as many as possible right up until his last breath. And everyone has a chance up until their last breath on this earth to repent, believe and turn to God.

The holy spirit in Gods people should be looking to save not destroy, we should be hoping for all to go to heaven not condemning others to hell, the word of God does the judging and God will decide who's going where.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that you go to hell if you don't believe in the trinity!

Actually, it does, everywhere you look.

God's Truth

Isaiah 66:5 KJV
(5) Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

You do not believe that the three exist at the same time. God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit all are the same God the Father who exist at the same time.

Rosenritter

Actually, it does, everywhere you look.

Seeing that the Bible doesn't use the word Trinity, and doesn't teach a Trinity as doctrine, that would be a little hard for you to prove by scripture now, wouldn't it? Do you have at least one (or two) clear passages saying "I shall cast them into hell in the final day because they believed not the doctrine of the Trinity?"

Rosenritter

Its elementary to those of us who study the original languages.

Your very own example shows that Debar Yahweh has always been God - even in the OT.

Yet more Trinity proof...

The Branch is The Messiah.

The Branch is 'Yahweh, our Righteousness'.

For one who prides himself in studying ancient languages, you might benefit from a little more focus on the nuances of English. A passage is not "proof" when it also serves to establish what you are arguing against. It might support an aspect of your argument, or at least not contradict it, but any passage that only serves as "proof" when you have to first assume what you seek to prove qualifies your argument as circular reasoning.

Here, I'll give an example. Consider this passage for a moment:

Luke 18:18-19 KJV
(18) And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
(19) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

One of the Unitarian arguments is that this passage proves that Jesus is not God. After all,
* Jesus asked "Why callest thou me good?"
* Jesus said that there is only one good who is God.

The only way that passage "proves" that Jesus is not God is if one first assumes the very thing they seek to prove. If Jesus is not God, then his question was a rhetorical protest against the designation, and if Jesus was not God, then the "one who is good" was not himself.

Watch what happens when this is turned around. If Jesus was God, then his question to the young ruler has a different tone, of "Why callest thou me good? Do you realize what you have admitted by asking me for Eternal Life?" and "There is only one good, that is God" becomes "And since you have acknowledged that I am good, do you realize what else you just implied?"

Don't be like the Unitarians and grab passages that support more than one view and claim they are "proof" of your theory.

Rosenritter

There are three. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. They exist at the same time.

How much plainer does it have to be explained to you?

I was hoping you would explain your meaning, because when taken at face value your allegation that I do not believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at the same time was both ignorant and somewhat slanderous. If you decline to explain your meaning further then I expect an apology for your misplaced accusation.

God's Truth

I was hoping you would explain your meaning, because when taken at face value your allegation that I do not believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at the same time was both ignorant and somewhat slanderous. If you decline to explain your meaning further then I expect an apology for your misplaced accusation.

Then you answer the question. Do you or not believe that God the Father exists right now, and that Jesus Christ exists right now, and the Holy Spirit exists right now, all three at the same time?

Rosenritter

Then you answer the question. Do you or not believe that God the Father exists right now, and that Jesus Christ exists right now, and the Holy Spirit exists right now, all three at the same time?

Yes. Would you like to apologize now, or does your stubbornness and pride demand that you persist with false accusations?

Apple7

Seeing that the Bible doesn't use the word Trinity, and doesn't teach a Trinity as doctrine, that would be a little hard for you to prove by scripture now, wouldn't it?

Its juxtaposed to the word 'monad'.

Do you have at least one (or two) clear passages saying "I shall cast them into hell in the final day because they believed not the doctrine of the Trinity?"

Of course.

People who are Saved, worship God's Name as Triune.

And it shall be that everyone who shall worship the name Lord will be saved." (Acts 2.21)

For everyone, "whoever may worship the name Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Apple7

For one who prides himself in studying ancient languages, you might benefit from a little more focus on the nuances of English. A passage is not "proof" when it also serves to establish what you are arguing against. It might support an aspect of your argument, or at least not contradict it, but any passage that only serves as "proof" when you have to first assume what you seek to prove qualifies your argument as circular reasoning.

So...you ignore your last example, and then you jump to yet another...

Here, I'll give an example. Consider this passage for a moment:

Luke 18:18-19 KJV
(18) And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
(19) And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

One of the Unitarian arguments is that this passage proves that Jesus is not God. After all,
* Jesus asked "Why callest thou me good?"
* Jesus said that there is only one good who is God.

The only way that passage "proves" that Jesus is not God is if one first assumes the very thing they seek to prove. If Jesus is not God, then his question was a rhetorical protest against the designation, and if Jesus was not God, then the "one who is good" was not himself.

Watch what happens when this is turned around. If Jesus was God, then his question to the young ruler has a different tone, of "Why callest thou me good? Do you realize what you have admitted by asking me for Eternal Life?" and "There is only one good, that is God" becomes "And since you have acknowledged that I am good, do you realize what else you just implied?"

Don't be like the Unitarians and grab passages that support more than one view and claim they are "proof" of your theory.

Context of this passage does not deny Jesus' deity.

Jesus in no way rebukes the person for asking either.

You can do better than to recycle this as evidence against Jesus being God.

Rosenritter

So...you ignore your last example, and then you jump to yet another...

Context of this passage does not deny Jesus' deity.

Jesus in no way rebukes the person for asking either.

You can do better than to recycle this as evidence against Jesus being God.

What gave you the impression that I was denying the divinity of Jesus? Are you even reading the words you are replying to?

Rosenritter

Its juxtaposed to the word 'monad'.

It says name of

Of course.

People who are Saved, worship God's Name as Triune.

And it shall be that everyone who shall worship the name Lord will be saved." (Acts 2.21)

For everyone, "whoever may worship the name Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

I'm pretty sure that Acts and Romans that you quoted above says "worship the name of the Lord" and not "worship God's name as Triune."