The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
1.Omniscience,omnipresence and omniscience are traits ONE person can have. These are not three separate entities but three entities can have one trait apiece.

No trinitarian (afaik) says God is three "entities." There is ONE "What," Three "Whos."

Now are you trying to say these words represent the trinity?

Not in the way you're implying.

God is omniscient (in that He can know anything that can be known that He wants to know), omnipresent (in that He can be anywhere He wants to be), and omnipotent (in that He delegates power to whom He wills). These three traits are shared equally by the three persons of the Trinity.

2. Tell me what is the difference Jesus address God as the father or Jesus address his father as God?

God is not "just the Father." Yet the Father is God.
God is not "just the Son." Yet the Son is God.
God is not "just the Holy Spirit." Yet the Holy Spirit is God.

3. That's the whole point those that wrote the Bible never use the word triune or trinity. The concept was not even discussed.

Because the authors of the Bible, God included) expects the reader to be on the same page (pardon the pun) as the author when reading. It's why so many people don't understand what the Bible is saying.

4. You are not a Catholic you just obey the Bible. OK do you pray to Peter,Paul, and Mary.? Lets throw Michael in there too. Why not. Because it not in the Bible. Catholics do.

I pray to no one but God alone. Anyone else can't hear me. They're simply not capable.

5. Agreed, there is nothing wrong with the Church studying the heavens.

Good.

But wait, isn't this the same church that burned people at the stake for doing the very same thing. You want your ice cream and eat it to. Now the church doing it, it's OK Now that a hypocrite.

I'm sorry, but what's your point here?

Did the church make mistakes in the past? Of course. The church is made up of fallible humans. That doesn't mean they can't do the right thing now...

6. I could not find in Bible saying it OK to be wealthy, text chapter and verse so that I can read it. The bible I have access to says " It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” What Bible you got, one of those new-fangled new wave bibles?

Then God must be in the wrong, as He owns everything!

King David was wealthy, yet God loved him.

Abraham was wealthy, He had servants who were trained to fight.

Jacob was wealthy, there were about 70 people in his household when he and they moved to Egypt.

Joseph was wealthy, He was even second only to Potiphar.

Need I go on? Or have I proved my point?

7. Why priest and nuns don't marry. Now, who is failing to understand the written word? Surely you jest, you dare not say that the Church does not understand. Be careful you may get a late night knock on the door.

You and I have very different definitions of the word "church."

My definition of church is those who are in the Body of Christ.

You seem to limit your definition to only the RCC, many of whom are not in the BOC.

With that in mind, allow me to state again what I said:

The reason there is such perversity in the RCC (what you call the "church") (eg homo/pedophile priests, bishops, etc) is because the RCC teaches celibacy for the priests, et al. They teach this because they, either intentionally or unintentionally misrepresent/misunderstand (or they just don't read) what Scripture says about such things. And their failure has harmed thousands if not millions.

8. You don't care that a killer of the early Christian church wrote 80% (well let's say 70%) of the NT! Ahh, neither do I next.

You don't care that said killer was redeemed by God Himself.

9. YHWH is the father's name before there was even a son or holy ghost.

The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost coexisted for all of eternity past. None of them existed before the other two. All three have always existed.

Now, whether they were distinguished in scripture is another matter.

10. I can not be a heretic because I first must express belief in religion as it is today with I don't. I am a unbeliever simply put.

Never said you were a heretic...? Keypurr, sure.

Did you mistake the portions of my post addressed to him as being addressed to you?

Bee1

No trinitarian (afaik) says God is three "entities." There is ONE "What," Three "Whos."

Not in the way you're implying.

God is omniscient (in that He can know anything that can be known that He wants to know), omnipresent (in that He can be anywhere He wants to be), and omnipotent (in that He delegates power to whom He wills). These three traits are shared equally by the three persons of the Trinity.

God is not "just the Father." Yet the Father is God.
God is not "just the Son." Yet the Son is God.
God is not "just the Holy Spirit." Yet the Holy Spirit is God.

Because the authors of the Bible, God included) expects the reader to be on the same page (pardon the pun) as the author when reading. It's why so many people don't understand what the Bible is saying.

I pray to no one but God alone. Anyone else can't hear me. They're simply not capable.

Good.

I'm sorry, but what's your point here?

Did the church make mistakes in the past? Of course. The church is made up of fallible humans. That doesn't mean they can't do the right thing now...

Then God must be in the wrong, as He owns everything!

King David was wealthy, yet God loved him.

Abraham was wealthy, He had servants who were trained to fight.

Jacob was wealthy, there were about 70 people in his household when he and they moved to Egypt.

Joseph was wealthy, He was even second only to Potiphar.

Need I go on? Or have I proved my point?

You and I have very different definitions of the word "church."

My definition of church is those who are in the Body of Christ.

You seem to limit your definition to only the RCC, many of whom are not in the BOC.

With that in mind, allow me to state again what I said:

The reason there is such perversity in the RCC (what you call the "church") (eg homo/pedophile priests, bishops, etc) is because the RCC teaches celibacy for the priests, et al. They teach this because they, either intentionally or unintentionally misrepresent/misunderstand (or they just don't read) what Scripture says about such things. And their failure has harmed thousands if not millions.

You don't care that said killer was redeemed by God Himself.

The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost coexisted for all of eternity past. None of them existed before the other two. All three have always existed.

Now, whether they were distinguished in scripture is another matter.

Never said you were a heretic...? Keypurr, sure.

Did you mistake the portions of my post addressed to him as being addressed to you?
OK I will accept that.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Find the word "Bible," in the scripture.

Does the LORD God have omniscience? Is he omnipotent?Is he omnipresent?

Please provide proof, if your answer is "yes."
There are many verses that show the omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence of GOD.

Was that your point?

That the trinity can be inferred through understanding the texts?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There are many verses that show the omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence of GOD.

Was that your point?

Well, we're not talking about the concepts here, Pops. We're talking about the words themselves.

We're saying that the Trinity can be seen through proper exegesis of scripture.

john w

Hall of Fame

Was that your point?

Translated: You've not followed the arguments presented in the thread, so you just fly in, and spam "Was that your point?" You do the work, LazyBoyRecliner.

popsthebuilder

Well, we're not talking about the concepts here, Pops. We're talking about the words themselves.

We're saying that the Trinity can be seen through proper exegesis of scripture.
Excuse me for being banned and having to catch up.....why would you be talking about the words themselves as if they aren't shown without actually being in the little book?

popsthebuilder

Translated: You've not followed the arguments presented in the thread, so you just fly in, and spam "Was that your point?" You do the work, LazyBoyRecliner.
Whatever.....I'm sure your argument is worth little anyway. I've been active in this thread for some time actually.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Excuse me for being banned and having to catch up.....why would you be talking about the words themselves as if they aren't shown without actually being in the little book?

Maybe you should just read through the thread first, get the context of what is being said, and THEN post. Wouldn't that be the smartest thing to do?

john w

Hall of Fame
Whatever.....I'm sure your argument is worth little anyway. I've been active in this thread for some time actually.

And yet, you ventured in, wanting to discuss my argument, which means, I either hurt your fragile feelings, and you are trying to "save face," or a moron, with mucho time on his hands. Which is it? Rhetorical q.

popsthebuilder

Maybe you should just read through the thread first, get the context of what is being said, and THEN post. Wouldn't that be the smartest thing to do?
No....seeing as how either of you could have most easily and efficiently expounded upon your meaning with one or two sentences if either if you cared a bit about peacable profitable conversation as opposed to needless repeat strife and contention.

I see I didn't miss much.....could be easily deduced given the moderations proclivity to be biased and paid.

popsthebuilder

And yet, you ventured in, wanting to discuss my argument, which means, I either hurt your fragile feelings, and you are trying to "save face," or a moron, with mucho time on his hands. Which is it? Rhetorical q.
I was initially curious. But you've shown that such curiosity was unfounded since then.

peace friend

Last edited:

glorydaz

No....seeing as how either of you could have most easily and efficiently expounded upon your meaning with one or two sentences if either if you cared a bit about peacable profitable conversation as opposed to needless repeat strife and contention.

I see I didn't miss much.....could be easily deduced given the moderations proclivity to be biased and paid.

I see you haven't learned a thing from your time out. :nono:

popsthebuilder

I see you haven't learned a thing from your time out. :nono:
I've resolved to be done here. I will not withhold the truth by succumbing to attempted intimidation. I can only hope that people new to this place will see it for the hoax it is.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I've resolved to be done here. I will not withhold the truth by succumbing to attempted intimidation. I can only hope that people new to this place will see it for the hoax it is.

Someone sounds bitter. Just like what Bob says, timeout doesn't work as a form of punishment.

glorydaz

Pops, you don't know the truth. That's the problem.

Not only don't you know it, but you won't hear it.

Not only don't you know it or hear it, but your whining and complaining gives you away for the self willed being you are. This has been pointed out to you since you arrived, but you WILL NOT listen.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Biased--true because this forum is biased. We don't hide that fact. But the staff here are not paid. If you don't like the Conservative mainline Christian bias, then you can find another site to spew your nonsense.