The Trinity

• Total voters

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am talking about your beliefs right now.

GT, I'm still waiting for a response to this post...

Could you provide a scripture verse that has Jesus repealing the dietary laws.

What, you mean Matthew 15:17-18, Mark 7:18-19?

I see no repeal in either of those passages. I see clarifications on the law.

I asked where Jesus REPEALED the dietary laws. This is not a repeal, but only a statement of reality. Clearly, food is neither clean nor unclean, except by the dietary laws. But Jesus did not repeal the dietary laws in this verse. Try again.

Ah, You're using the NIV. No wonder you're having issues.

Here is the NKJV.

When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear Me, everyone, and understand:There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man.If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!”When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable.So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him,because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?”And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.All these evil things come from within and defile a man.” - Mark 7:14-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark7:14-23&version=NKJV[/SPOILER]

I see ABSOLUTELY NO repeal anywhere in that passage.

Again, no repeal. In fact, if anything, Paul is reaffirming the dietary law:

"but if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean."

But no repeal. Try again.

Still no repeal.

I said repeal, GT. Not reaffirmation of the dietary law, which is what you have provided.

WHERE IS THE REPEAL!?

Still no repeal.

Still none.

No repeal.

Not one. Single. Verse. That. You. Posted. Says that the dietary law has been repealed.

Care to try again?

Where did Jesus ever repeal the dietary law?

God's Truth

I did say that. And I stand by it....you have yet to answer. Some consider going 90 in a 45 a sin. Say that guy gets in an accident and he accidentally killed someone and himself. He couldn't repent, he's dead. Now what?

God knows if the person had been living through the Spirit and is working and training themselves.

God's Truth

Could you provide a scripture verse that has Jesus repealing the dietary laws.

I see no repeal in either of those passages. I see clarifications on the law.

I asked where Jesus REPEALED the dietary laws. This is not a repeal, but only a statement of reality. Clearly, food is neither clean nor unclean, except by the dietary laws. But Jesus did not repeal the dietary laws in this verse. Try again.

Of course Jesus was saying all food is clean. It is even spoken of by Paul.

Ah, You're using the NIV. No wonder you're having issues.

I use many translations.
Here is the NKJV.

When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear Me, everyone, and understand:There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man.If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!”When He had entered a house away from the crowd, His disciples asked Him concerning the parable.So He said to them, “Are you thus without understanding also? Do you not perceive that whatever enters a man from outside cannot defile him,because it does not enter his heart but his stomach, and is eliminated, thus purifying all foods?”And He said, “What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.All these evil things come from within and defile a man.” - Mark 7:14-23http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...3&version=NKJV

I see ABSOLUTELY NO repeal anywhere in that passage.
So according to your understanding, food comes out of a person ‘clean’?
I am trying to see what you are saying, and it just doesn’t make sense.
So according to you, food goes in unclean and comes our clean?
You are going to have to clarify what you mean.

Again, no repeal. In fact, if anything, Paul is reaffirming the dietary law:

"but if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean."

But no repeal. Try again.
No, Paul is saying it is not unclean, but if you think it is then it is.
That is a far cry from saying it truly is.

Still no repeal.

I said repeal, GT. Not reaffirmation of the dietary law, which is what you have provided.

WHERE IS THE REPEAL!?

Still no repeal.

Still none.

No repeal.

Not one. Single. Verse. That. You. Posted. Says that the dietary law has been repealed.

Care to try again?

Where did Jesus ever repeal the dietary law?

I gave many scriptures proving it.

God's Truth

That's not what you said tho..

You said the guy HAS TO REPENT AFTER EVERY SIN COMMITTED!!!!! He didn't. The man's salvation DEPENDS on it according to you. BTW, You sound like a Roman Catholic on this issue.

A person does have to repent of all their sins to get saved, and to stay saved.

It is pretty ignorant of you to not understand if a man sins and dies then he didn't have a chance to repent.

As for the Roman Catholic comment, it has nothing to do with my beliefs. You just don't have understanding.

God's Truth

So according to you, this christian is now hell bound....Good job Godstruth.

I praise God I don't have to take your worthless word over it.

It is pretty ignorant of you to not understand if a man sins and dies then he didn't have a chance to repent.

As for the Roman Catholic comment, it has nothing to do with my beliefs. You just don't have understanding.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Of course Jesus was saying all food is clean. It is even spoken of by Paul.

Not my point. Please pay attention.

I use many translations.

So according to your understanding, food comes out of a person ‘clean’?
I am trying to see what you are saying, and it just doesn’t make sense.
So according to you, food goes in unclean and comes our clean?
You are going to have to clarify what you mean.

AGAIN, not what I was asking. It might help to actually read what I'm asking instead of trying to answer a question that I didn't ask.

No, Paul is saying it is not unclean, but if you think it is then it is.
That is a far cry from saying it truly is.

GT, I'm not arguing that food is either clean or unclean. I'M ASKING WHERE THE DIETARY LAW WAS REPEALED.

I gave many scriptures proving it.

GT, again, I asked for you to show me where Jesus repealed the dietary law. You have not shown me a single one.

You have shown me verses that show that food is neither clean nor unclean, and I completely agree with those scriptures. But it's not what I'm asking. Those verses do not say the dietary laws were repealed. They just means that food is neither clean nor unclean.

A repeal of the dietary laws means that the law is no longer valid (see the definition below). Yet even Paul affirms that to those who follow that law it is still valid. He never says the dietary laws were repealed.

Again, my question to you, GT, is this: "Where in Scripture did Jesus (or any authority figure, for that matter) repeal the dietary law?"

re·peal

/rəˈpēl/

verb

verb: repeal; 3rd person present: repeals; past tense: repealed; past participle: repealed; gerund or present participle: repealing

revoke or annul (a law or congressional act).

"the legislation was repealed five months later"

synonyms:revoke, rescind, cancel, reverse, annul, nullify, declare null and void, quash, abolish; More

vacate;

formal abrogate;

archaic recall

"the Eighteenth Amendment was repealed in 1933"

antonyms:enact

noun

noun: repeal; plural noun: repeals

the action of revoking or annulling a law or congressional act.

"the House voted in favor of repeal"

synonyms:revocation, rescinding, cancellation, reversal, annulment, nullification, quashing, abolition;More

formal abrogation;

archaic recall

"the repeal of the law"

So, GT, one more time:

WHERE IN SCRIPTURE CAN WE FIND THE DIETARY LAW BEING REPEALED?

God's Truth

Not my point. Please pay attention.

AGAIN, not what I was asking. It might help to actually read what I'm asking instead of trying to answer a question that I didn't ask.

GT, I'm not arguing that food is either clean or unclean. I'M ASKING WHERE THE DIETARY LAW WAS REPEALED.

GT, again, I asked for you to show me where Jesus repealed the dietary law. You have not shown me a single one.

You have shown me verses that show that food is neither clean nor unclean, and I completely agree with those scriptures. But it's not what I'm asking. Those verses do not say the dietary laws were repealed. They just means that food is neither clean nor unclean.

A repeal of the dietary laws means that the law is no longer valid (see the definition below). Yet even Paul affirms that to those who follow that law it is still valid. He never says the dietary laws were repealed.

Again, my question to you, GT, is this: "Where in Scripture did Jesus (or any authority figure, for that matter) repeal the dietary law?"

re·peal

/rəˈpēl/

verb

verb: repeal; 3rd person present: repeals; past tense: repealed; past participle: repealed; gerund or present participle: repealing

revoke or annul (a law or congressional act).

"the legislation was repealed five months later"

synonyms:revoke, rescind, cancel, reverse, annul, nullify, declare null and void, quash, abolish; More

vacate;

formal abrogate;

archaic recall

"the Eighteenth Amendment was repealed in 1933"

antonyms:enact

noun

noun: repeal; plural noun: repeals

the action of revoking or annulling a law or congressional act.

"the House voted in favor of repeal"

synonyms:revocation, rescinding, cancellation, reversal, annulment, nullification, quashing, abolition;More

formal abrogation;

archaic recall

"the repeal of the law"

So, GT, one more time:

WHERE IN SCRIPTURE CAN WE FIND THE DIETARY LAW BEING REPEALED?

The dietary law was to MAKE FOOD CLEAN.

I gave scriptures that say there is not clean and unclean food anymore.