The Theory of God's [lack of] Omniscience

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
That's exactly what he's saying. But he also thinks Mary and Joseph never had sex, after Jesus was born.:doh:

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
emoh, maybe you should really look at what you are saying before you post something here.

Faith by definition is beyond reason and logic. Look at the Trinity and try to explain it through logical means.

Three persons in one God is incompatible to logic, yet true.

Christ's miracles are incompatible to logic, yet true.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Good counter arguments, Lighthouse.

I can see why you guys have been running in cirlces with this issue for so long now.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by jjjg

emoh, maybe you should really look at what you are saying before you post something here.

jjjg,

You are a jerk! This guy makes two posts and already you resort to insulting him! The arguments have already been made, none of which you have responded to in the slightest.

Faith by definition is beyond reason and logic. Look at the Trinity and try to explain it through logical means.
See what I mean?
Here's my definition of faith...

Faith is the SUBSTANCE of things hoped for and the EVIDENCE of things unseen.

Substantive evidence doesn't sound like its beyond reason and logic to me.

Three persons in one God is incompatible to logic, yet true.
Not so. The doctrine of the Trinity is the very foundation of logic and reason. Another argument that you have already been exposed to and not responded to in any substantive way.

Christ's miracles are incompatible to logic, yet true.
This is flatly stupid! How is it illogical for a supernatural God to perform supernatural miracles? Perhaps it is you who should look at what they are saying before posting something.

Resting in Him,
Clete

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Here's the prodigy of insulting people on this forum and the prodigy of Bob's "logic" calling me an insulting jerk.

Remember how you tried to defend Bob's "divine command delima" and got your face smeared in it?

How anybody can defend a guy that goes on Politically Incorrect and gets shreaded by a pervert publicist in a wheelchair is beyond me.

Don't you realize the only reason they called that guy back to the show is because he was good for some insulting punchlines because of the stupid things he said?:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bang: :bang: :dead: :dead:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Here's the prodigy of insulting people on this forum and the prodigy of Bob's "logic" calling me an insulting jerk.
You really are asinine; you know that?
Being insulting when appropriate is one thing; being insulting with someone you no exactly nothing about is another. One makes you a jerk, the other does not.
And just to perfectly accurate, I actually called you a stupid, insulting jerk.

Remember how you tried to defend Bob's "divine command delima" and got your face smeared in it?
What I remember is walking away from a mindless discussion in which none of what I said was responded to in any substantive way.

How anybody can defend a guy that goes on Politically Incorrect and gets shreaded by a pervert publicist in a wheelchair is beyond me.
You are now, not only a jerk, but a liar as well. You haven't even seen the episode! If you had, you would know better than to make such an idiotic statement.

Don't you realize the only reason they called that guy back to the show is because he was good for some insulting punchlines because of the stupid things he said?:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bang: :bang: :dead: :dead:
I happen to consider that guy to be my pastor. I live 600 miles away from his church but he is, nevertheless, my pastor as far as I am concerned. I find your statements revolting and irresponsible. You couldn't dream of defeating him in any debate. He's forgotten more about God and the Bible than you'll ever know this side of death.

Now, are you going respond to my arguments or are going to insult my friends some more?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

:wave2:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry guys.... but jjjg is an idiot! I banned him because I think this thread is good one. It's interesting and most of the participants seem to be seriously interested in discussing these matters. Hopefully now we can continue on without his distraction.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by ninjashadow

I think we are just going around in circles now.
Actually we are not going around in cricles. We are going around in HALF circles. Your half of the circle is still missing. :)

There should be no reason you cannot answer the following question.....

How can Skip choose anything other than what God foreknows?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Knight

Sorry guys.... but jjjg is an idiot! I banned him because I think this thread is good one. It's interesting and most of the participants seem to be seriously interested in discussing these matters. Hopefully now we can continue on without his distraction.

Knight:

:thumb:

Emo

Wow! I just became a member of TOL about 12 hours ago & the first guy I replied to got banned. :shocked:
I hope that doesn't happen too often, but that's what happens when you stick your foot in your mouth. Yummy!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by emohaslove

Wow! I just became a member of TOL about 12 hours ago & the first guy I replied to got banned. :shocked:
I hope that doesn't happen too often, but that's what happens when you stick your foot in your mouth. Yummy!

Triple J had that coming.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by emohaslove

We try not to make banning a habit. But when a member is being intentionally distracting and does not cooperate after several warnings we really don't have much choice.

I don't want to let some jerk ruin the TOL experience for others.

Emo

We try not to make banning a habit. But when a member is being intentionally distracting and does not cooperate after several warnings we really don't have much choice.

I don't want to let some jerk ruin the TOL experience for others.

:thumb:

Last edited:

Ninjashadow

Originally posted by lighthouse

The scripture makes it abundantly clear that God does not know the future. Are you people really so stubborn that you would deny scripture just to defend your misinterpretation of other scripture?

Could you please cite specific passage (in context) to back up you statement?