The Sabbath is a What?

Doormat

God certainly wants obedience, but if you think it is your obedience that will save you, you are gravely mistaken.

God wants obedience to what specifically?

I don't think my obedience saves me, so that's a red herring and has been from the beginning.

keypurr

Acts 15:10
Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?​

Love is the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

1Jo 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jo 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

God's law is NOT a burden friend, it is a pleasure to please him.

The law is spiritual, to be kept in the spirit.

Choleric

No, the narrow way is repenting of your sins and coming to God with everything you have.

Why did Jesus use the type of the serpent lifted up? did those who looked at the serpent need to repent of their sins and try real hard?

And can you show me the verse where "repent of your sins" is?

The law is intended to show the world what God declares as righteous behaviour.

Why do you hate the bible? we are explicitly told why we have the law:

Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

and then we are told:

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

So how do you get righteousness? Is it by the law? no, it is by faith to all that believe, not to all that are good enough.

You keep making the false claim that it is used to earn salvation. You should stop thinking like a Pharisee about the law and put on the mind of Jesus. Find out why Jesus kept the law and see if His reasons are good enough for you.

You say it over and over. you are either saved by keeping the law, or you are saved without the law like the bible says. You are either working for it, or it is by grace without works of any kind.

After you believe, you still need to overcome.

Revelation 3:5
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.​

Jesus overcame for me, I already showed you the verses. Revelation 3:5 is not for the church, much like Matthew. That is doctrine. One group already overcame because they are in Christ who overcame for them
If you don't overcome, you will fall away or bring no fruit to perfection, and be eternally hellfire damned.

Luke 8:13-14
13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.​

The one that fell among thorns was saved. Allow me to show you:

Luk 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Luk 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Notice the first one is taken away immediately. The second one "has no root"

Luk 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
Luk 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The problem with the third is not the root, but the fruit. It is choked but it still has root. Do you know who the root is? It is Christ. If you have no Christ in you, you are lost. The third here is saved, but unfruitful.

the second above "had no root" in them. Look up the word "root" in the bible and see for yourself.

Jesus will cast out those that work iniquity. Is Jesus a liar?

Luke 13:27
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.​

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He will say "I never knew you". If you say you can be saved, then lost, then saved, then lost, then how can Jesus say "I never knew you?" Shouldn't He say "I knew you then didn't then knew you then didn't then knew you then didn't and then you died".

In the old covenant, the law was written on stone tablets, in the new covenant the law is written in our hearts.

Hebrews 10:16-17
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.​

[/QUOTE]

Notice the name of the book you are quoting here: HEBREWS

Now let's look at the passage that is being quoted here:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

You are attempting to apply a verse that belongs to the house of Israel to the church. They are two different things.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

If there is any doubt as to the timing of these passages, we are left with no doubt with verse 34. There will be a time when all Israel will know the Lord, and there will be no need to tell others. Of course that time has not come yet.

Choleric

You are mistaken again.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

When speaking of CHristians in the new testament, the word always refers to saved people.

No. It's called error on your part.

You've been proved wrong.

Why do you refuse to read?

1Cor 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

We are chastened of the lord that we should not be condemned with the world. Those people, like the man in 1 Cor 5, was to be chastened, but were still saved.

Better luck next time :thumb:

Choleric

God wants obedience to what specifically?

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

I don't think my obedience saves me, so that's a red herring and has been from the beginning.

Oh, so if you fail to keep God's commandments after salvation then you are saved anyway? Or do you have to work to stay saved?

Make up your mind...:plain:

Paulos

Here are a few:

Matthew 3:8
Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,

Acts 26:19-20
[This is Paul speaking:] I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

Luke 24:46-48
Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things.

Acts 11:18
When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.”

Acts 17:30
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,

Acts 20:20-21
I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house, testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 2:3-5
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

2 Corinthians 7:9
Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance.

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

2 Corinthians 12:21
lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and I shall mourn for many who have sinned before and have not repented of the uncleanness, fornication, and lewdness which they have practiced.

2 Timothy 2:25
in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Revelation 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.​

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The implications are clear:
1- The man was caught in incest
No he wasn't.

The text does not state he was with his mother, but rather his father's wife. The laws in the Law regarding such things differentiated between mothers and the wives of fathers, thus the woman was his stepmother.

And the fact it was publicly known indicates his father was dead, and so the man lie with his stepmother after his father's death. That last part is just speculation, though.

Hebrews 10:16
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;​

Do you have the laws of God in your heart and written in your mind?
I'm not a Hebrew/Israelite.

Romans 3:31
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.​

How are you establishing the law?
Through faith.

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:
“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.”
-Romans 4:4-8

Then using your logic, for those not under grace there is necessarily a law, else there could be no transgression. So your position is in error.
Did you not bother to read the rest of my post before making an assessment?

Then you teach everyone saved or unsaved can covet with impunity (no wages for sin) when unbelievers are supposed to be dead in their transgressions (wages of sin).
No I don't, liar.

Instead, try believing this:

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
You think I don't know this?

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
-1 Cor. 6:9-11

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Notice in Revelation 21:8 that "unbelieving" is listed separately from other sins condemned by the law, which proves your position is error.
Revelation was written to, and for, the New Covenant with Israel which is separate from the dispensation of the grace of God, wherein there is no Jew or Gentile and the covenants with Israel were put on hold.

Then why did you excise the sabbath commandment from the Decalogue if the whole thing is on hold. Your position is that it is the right thing to do to keep the remaining nine, but the spirit in you apparently has something against the sabbath specifically.

:doh:

It is obviously, and demonstrably, wrong to commit murder, theft, adultery, perjury, to dishonor one's parents, or to covet after that which belongs to another. Any and every sober minded individual can tell you that.

And anyone of those people who also believes in and on the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob can tell you that it is wrong to worship any other Gods above Him, make graven images to worship, or to misuse His name.

And there is not a single verse in the entire rest of the Bible that contradicts any of this, or repeals any of these commandments as things a good person should observe regardless of their position to the Law.

There is, however, some verses in which Paul writes that to regard every day as any other day is perfectly acceptable in this dispensation. There are also verses that state the Sabbath was a covenant between God and Israel, and no one else.

Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.
-Exodus 31:16

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
-Romans 14:5-6

But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? You observe days and months and seasons and years. I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.
-Galatians 4:9-11

Your position is evidently total confusion, but God is not the author of confusion.
Just because you're confused does not mean I am confusing; it only means you cannot follow along.

Why do you mix grace with works?

Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.
-Romans 11:6

This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
-Galatians 3:2-3

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
-2 Timothy 1:8-11 KJV

Choleric

Here are a few:

Matthew 3:8
Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,

Acts 26:19-20
[This is Paul speaking:] I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And you are witnesses of these things.

Acts 11:18
When they heard these things they became silent; and they glorified God, saying, “Then God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life.”

Acts 17:30
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,

Acts 20:20-21
I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house, testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 2:3-5
3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

2 Corinthians 7:9
Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance.

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

2 Corinthians 12:21
lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and I shall mourn for many who have sinned before and have not repented of the uncleanness, fornication, and lewdness which they have practiced.

2 Timothy 2:25
in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Revelation 3:19
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.​

Nice try. I didn't ask for verses with the word "repent in them. The word "repent" simply means "to turn".

We are told specifically what to repent from and what to repent toward in the context of salvation. Can you tell me what those verses are? (hint: it is not from sin)

Doormat

Lighthouse said:
, but in this dispensation the law is not in effect in that manner for anyone, and it was never in effect in that manner for anyone other than Israel.
Doormat said:
Then you teach everyone saved or unsaved can covet with impunity (no wages for sin) when unbelievers are supposed to be dead in their transgressions (wages of sin).
No I don't, liar.

You are bearing false witness by calling me a liar. My statement was based on what you have claimed in this thread. Answer these questions to settle the matter:

If you covet will you suffer the wages of sin? Yes or no.

If a person in Israel covets will he suffer the wages of sin? Yes or no.

If an unbeliever covets will he suffer the wages of sin? Yes or no.

Answer "no" to all of those questions and you prove you have falsely accused me. Answer "yes" to any of those questions and you prove what I've been claiming. Don't answer and you prove you lack the fortitude to defend your accusations.

Why do you mix grace with works?

I don't. So you can forget that red herring and stop falsely accusing me.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You are bearing false witness by calling me a liar.
:yawn:

My statement was based on what you have claimed in this thread.
No, it was based on assumptions made without looking into the truth, or paying attention to what was said.

Answer these questions to settle the matter:

If you covet will you suffer the wages of sin? Yes or no.
No.

If a person in Israel covets will he suffer the wages of sin? Yes or no.
This is not a yes or no question.

Now, if you asked if they would suffer them while under the law, or under the OC or NC, then the answer would be "Yes."

Again, this is not properly worded.

All unbelievers will suffer the wages of sin, regardless of the specific sins they have committed. If an unbeliever does not covet he will suffer the wages of sin.

Answer "no" to all of those questions and you prove you have falsely accused me.
How;s that working out for you?

I don't. So you can forget that red herring and stop falsely accusing me.
Really? I can only go by what you have claimed in this thread.

Doormat

Then I will reword the question. Answer now:

If a person in Israel today covets will he suffer the wages of sin? Yes or no.

Doormat said:
Lighthouse said:
All unbelievers will suffer the wages of sin, regardless of the specific sins they have committed. If an unbeliever does not covet he will suffer the wages of sin.

You are playing word games. Paul specifically listed covetousness as sin that keeps one out of the kingdom.

1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

genuineoriginal

The question is can you prove it allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture as I did above with the word "sleep". You can't make that word mean "go to hell" with any cross reference in the bible.
Straw men are so easy to knock down. You know the word is damnation, which means "go to hell".

You cannot prove that a Christian is under the law with any cross reference in the bible. We are told over and over we are not under it and yet you continue to invent ways to put yourself back under it.
Another straw man? You need to stop thinking like a Pharisee about the law. I never said a Christian is under the law, and you know it. What you do not want to do is keep God's commandments, so you will allow the enemy to convince you that keeping God's commandments is a sin, when refusing to keep God's commandments is the real sin.

This verse above proves it by showing the timing of it. The bride will be complete at this point and the "times of the gentiles" will be fulfilled. There will be no more "salvation by grace through faith".
Don't try to prove your point by bringing up false doctrine.

We are saved by faithfulness, as it is written: the righteous will live by faithfulness. You can't be faithful to God without doing something.
Where do you get this stuff? You are saved by grace, through faith, and that not of yourselves.
It is called word study. You find the words in a lexicon and see what the definition is. If it is a Greek translation of a Hebrew verse, you find the original verse and look at the Hebrew words in a lexicon.
The King James Version states it as, "the just shall live by faith", but the Hebrew words translate to "the righteous shall live by faithfullness"

Last edited:

Doormat

When speaking of CHristians in the new testament, the word always refers to saved people.

This is what you claimed:

I study the word "sleep" and know those people were not lost, even though God killed them for sinning. No matter how hard you try, the word, "sleep" will never refer to a lost person in the bible.

You've been proved wrong.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

genuineoriginal

1 Kings 8:47
Yet if they shall bethink themselves in the land whither they were carried captives, and repent, and make supplication unto thee in the land of them that carried them captives, saying, We have sinned, and have done perversely, we have committed wickedness.​

you are either saved by keeping the law, or you are saved without the law like the bible says. You are either working for it, or it is by grace without works of any kind.
False dicotomy. You are not saved by working for it, but neither do you gain God's favor by refusing to keep His commandments.

Revelation 3:5 is not for the church, much like Matthew.
If you believe what Jesus said for the church in Revelation is not for the church, you are eternally hellfire damned.
The one that fell among thorns was saved. Allow me to show you:

Luk 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
Luk 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Notice the first one is taken away immediately. The second one "has no root"

Luk 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
Luk 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

The problem with the third is not the root, but the fruit. The third here is saved, but unfruitful.
The third does not bring forth fruit, and is eternally hellfire damned.

Luke 13:9
9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.​

Jude 1:11-13
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.​

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

He will say "I never knew you". If you say you can be saved, then lost, then saved, then lost, then how can Jesus say "I never knew you?" Shouldn't He say "I knew you then didn't then knew you then didn't then knew you then didn't and then you died".
The doctrine of OSAS says that those who work iniquity were never saved to begin with. The Bible says that you are not saved until the day of redemption when Jesus returns. Either way, there is no "saved, then lost, then saved, then lost". Jesus knows those who hear His voice and follow Him, and if He says He never knew you, it means you never listened to Him and never followed Him.

Notice the name of the book you are quoting here: HEBREWS

Now let's look at the passage that is being quoted here:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

You are attempting to apply a verse that belongs to the house of Israel to the church. They are two different things.
If you think the verse does not apply to the church, you are eternally hellfire damned, because you are making your heart as stone.

Zechariah 7:12
12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the Lord of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the Lord of hosts.​

Doormat

Choleric said:
You are attempting to apply a verse that belongs to the house of Israel to the church.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

genuineoriginal

No he wasn't.

The text does not state he was with his mother, but rather his father's wife. The laws in the Law regarding such things differentiated between mothers and the wives of fathers, thus the woman was his stepmother.

And the fact it was publicly known indicates his father was dead, and so the man lie with his stepmother after his father's death. That last part is just speculation, though.
The term incest is correct.
The term may apply to sexual activities between individuals of close "blood relationship", members of the same household, step relatives related by adoption or marriage, or members of the same clan or lineage
- wikipedia
I believe I started calling it adultery in a later post, but that might be inaccurate if the father was dead as you speculate.

I'm not a Hebrew/Israelite.

Ephesians 2:12-13
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.​

Through faith.

The Bible says Noah built the ark by faith. Would Noah have been saved by faith if Noah had refused to obey God's commandments?

Hebrews 11:7
7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.​

jeremysdemo

Paulos said:
Nice try. I didn't ask for verses with the word "repent in them. The word "repent" simply means "to turn".

We are told specifically what to repent from and what to repent toward in the context of salvation. Can you tell me what those verses are? (hint: it is not from sin)

it appears you need a priest of the Most High to preach it to you, (obviously it can't be done alone or by words on a piece of paper)

this is the biblical method, that repentance and remission of sins be preached to all nations by the priesthood Jesus established.

So if they haven't come to you yet, just hang tight. :)

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Choleric

it appears you need a priest of the Most High to preach it to you, (obviously it can't be done alone or by words on a piece of paper)

this is the biblical method, that repentance and remission of sins be preached to all nations by the priesthood Jesus established.

So if they haven't come to you yet, just hang tight. :)

keep shinin

Repentance from what and to what? The bible tells you clearly and plainly. If you don't know try a word study

jeremysdemo

Repentance from what and to what? The bible tells you clearly and plainly. If you don't know try a word study
the Bible doesn't say it will happen from a piece of paper or intellectual understanding, otherwise we could just print it on toilet paper and within a week the entire population of earth would be saved.

It says repentance and remission of sins has to be preached to people from Holy Spirit filled priest.

are you hoping there is some other way for yourself?

perhaps you should consider the biblical method,Luke 24:46-48 :)

keep shinin

Choleric

the Bible doesn't say it will happen from a piece of paper or intellectual understanding, otherwise we could just print it on toilet paper and within a week the entire population of earth would be saved.

It says repentance and remission of sins has to be preached to people from Holy Spirit filled priest.

are you hoping there is some other way for yourself?

perhaps you should consider the biblical method,Luke 24:46-48 :)

keep shinin

I ask again:

Repentance from what? The bible tells you what to repent from and I am asking if you know what it is.

Perhaps you know and don't want to say it out loud since you can't bring yourself to do it.

Preaching repentance from what and to what? Easy question.