The Sabbath is a What?

Choleric

This is what you claimed:

You've been proved wrong.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

I said it in reference to Christians in my post. Perhaps I didn't in the post to you but I said Christians and that is what I meant. It refers to the same thing every time.

Choleric

Straw men are so easy to knock down. You know the word is damnation, which means "go to hell".

I have shown you plainly that it doesn't. You refuse to believe the bible "not enduring sound doctrine". You want so bad to work for it, go ahead.

Another straw man? You need to stop thinking like a Pharisee about the law. I never said a Christian is under the law, and you know it.

You are a liar. You have repeatedly said it and are about to again

What you do not want to do is keep God's commandments, so you will allow the enemy to convince you that keeping God's commandments is a sin, when refusing to keep God's commandments is the real sin.

Liar. I have never said we should not live holy lives. I have said sin does not lead to death for a Christian as I am free from the law of sin and death.

Don't try to prove your point by bringing up false doctrine.

:rotfl: what part of that is false doctrine? Here is your chance to show you have any doctrinal awareness at all:

1- is Jesus not going to marry His bride?
2- will there not be a completion of the bride when the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled?
3- will Jesus not return to earth after the wedding?

Please show us which part of that verse you called "false doctrine" is untrue. You won't because you have no idea what you are talking about.

It is called word study. You find the words in a lexicon and see what the definition is. If it is a Greek translation of a Hebrew verse, you find the original verse and look at the Hebrew words in a lexicon.
The King James Version states it as, "the just shall live by faith", but the Hebrew words translate to "the righteous shall live by faithfullness"

Fact is you can't be saved by the law. You just done believe most of your bible.

Choleric

1 Kings 8:47
Yet if they shall bethink themselves in the land whither they were carried captives, and repent, and make supplication unto thee in the land of them that carried them captives, saying, We have sinned, and have done perversely, we have committed wickedness.​

Allow me to help you. Repentance is to be preached. Like all heretics, every time you see the word "repent" you automatically insert "from sins" into the verse. You problem is example one I showed you before, you are assigning a wrong definition to the word.

We are told "god commanders men everywhere to repent". We are then told "repentance from dead works and faith toward Jesus Christ"

You are refusing to obey that command. You are offering God "dead works" so God will "look favorably" (your words) on you and maybe you will get saved. You are lost in your sins.

False dicotomy. You are not saved by working for it, but neither do you gain God's favor by refusing to keep His commandments.

:rotfl: repent of your dead works. Live holy, yes. Attempt to get to heaven by being holy, no. All your righteousness is as filthy rags. Try offering it to god and see whet it.gets you.

If you believe what Jesus said for the church in Revelation is not for the church, you are eternally hellfire damned.

I have shown you where the bible clearly teaches I have already overcome as Christ overcame for me and I am in Him. You can call God. Liar if you want to. You seem pretty comfortable with it.

The third does not bring forth fruit, and is eternally hellfire damned.

Luke 13:9
9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.​

Jude 1:11-13
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.​

I showed you their issue was not the root. The root is Christ. Again, you refuse to endure sound doctrine.

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The doctrine of OSAS says that those who work iniquity were never saved to begin with.

That is what the bible teaches. See 1 jn 2:19. "They were never of us". You will refuse to believe what you read, again not enduring sound doctrine.

The Bible says that you are not saved until the day of redemption when Jesus returns

Liar, John wrote so we may know (present tense) that we have eternal life. Jesus said we have passed (past tense) from death to life and he will never cast us out. You like to make a habit of calling God a liar.

Either way, there is no "saved, then lost, then saved, then lost". Jesus knows those who hear His voice and follow Him, and if He says He never knew you, it means you never listened to Him and never followed Him.

Now we are getting somewhere. Don't ever say "they can be grafted back in again" then. You are either saved or not. And once you are saved you cannot be lost. If you are lost, you were never saved 1 in 2:19.
If you think the verse does not apply to the church, you are eternally hellfire damned, because you are making your heart as stone.

Zechariah 7:12
12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the Lord of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the Lord of hosts.​

I showed you the passage being quoted from the bible. The bible teaches that it is for the house of Israel. When Jesus returns from the wedding, after the Bride is complete and the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled, the. It will apply. It's called sound doctrine, also known as believing the bible.

jeremysdemo

I ask again:

Repentance from what? The bible tells you what to repent from and I am asking if you know what it is.

Perhaps you know and don't want to say it out loud since you can't bring yourself to do it.

Preaching repentance from what and to what? Easy question.

as I have said initially:

So if they haven't come to you yet, just hang tight.

when you are done trying to find your own way and are ready for His.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

genuineoriginal

Repentance from what and to what? The bible tells you clearly and plainly. If you don't know try a word study

Matthew 9:13
13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.​

Choleric

as I have said initially:

So if they haven't come to you yet, just hang tight.

when you are done trying to find your own way and are ready for His.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Are you attempting to make sense? Because your response is unresponsive. It's ok if you don't know, just ask.

genuineoriginal

Repentance to or from what? Do you even know? It is in the bible.

Repentance from sin. It is in the Bible.

2 Corinthians 12:21
21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.​

Revelation 9:20-21
20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.​

Revelation 16:11
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.​

Choleric

Repentance from sin. It is in the Bible.

2 Corinthians 12:21
21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.​

Revelation 9:20-21
20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.​

Revelation 16:11
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.​

Wrong. Try again.

Look up "repentance from" and see what God says.

"Repentance from sin" is not in the bible and it is not how men are saved today.

genuineoriginal

We are told "god commanders men everywhere to repent". We are then told "repentance from dead works and faith toward Jesus Christ"

You are refusing to obey that command. You are offering God "dead works" so God will "look favorably" (your words) on you and maybe you will get saved. You are lost in your sins.

:rotfl: repent of your dead works.
You are calling the commandments of God "dead works", but don't even know what "dead works" are.

Keeping the commandments of God is never "dead works".

Mark 7:6-9
6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.​

Choleric

You are calling the commandments of God "dead works", but don't even know what "dead works" are.

Keeping the commandments of God is never "dead works".

Mark 7:6-9
6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.​

God calls it dead works in relation to attaining salvation. God says "repentance from dead works and faith toward God" in regard to how we are saved.

You have to repent from trying to work there and place your faith in God.

Just to add to your error, God calls your good works "filthy rags".

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Your righteousnesses (plural) are like filthy rags.

Paul said he doesn't want to be found having his own righteousness. Why are you so determined to be judged in yours?

Doormat

Repentance to or from what? Do you even know? It is in the bible.

Acts 8:22-23 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

What was Simon to repent from? Sin.

genuineoriginal

God calls it dead works in relation to attaining salvation. God says "repentance from dead works and faith toward God" in regard to how we are saved.

You have to repent from trying to work there and place your faith in God.
Twisting the scriptures to say what you want them to say is not helping make your case.

Hebrews 9:11-15
11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.​

The dead works that we are to repent from are the transgressions against the commandments in the law, not the keeping of the commandments.

genuineoriginal

Paul said he doesn't want to be found having his own righteousness. Why are you so determined to be judged in yours?
Christians will be judged by their faithful obedience, as it is written:

Romans 6:16
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?​

Why are you so determined to get God to judge Christians by their unfaithful disobedience?

Choleric

Acts 8:22-23 Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee. For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

What was Simon to repent from? Sin.

:rotfl: why do you refuse to believe God? He specifically says "repentance from dead works". That needs no interpretation.

The bible is the enemy of your heresy as you "oppose yourself".

God says repent if your dead works and you are busy trying to repent of your sins.

genuineoriginal

:rotfl: why do you refuse to believe God? He specifically says "repentance from dead works". That needs no interpretation.

The bible is the enemy of your heresy as you "oppose yourself".

God says repent if your dead works and you are busy trying to repent of your sins.

The dead works that we are to repent from are the transgressions against the commandments in the law (Hebrews 9:11-15). Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4). The Bible explains its own terms very well, and they do not match what you are claiming.

Choleric

The dead works that we are to repent from are the transgressions against the commandments in the law (Hebrews 9:11-15). Sin is the transgression of the law (1 John 3:4). The Bible explains its own terms very well, and they do not match what you are claiming.

:rotfl: then please demonstrate how that is true.

You can't because it is false. :plain:

genuineoriginal

please demonstrate how that is true.
Repentance from sin is one of the basic foundational principles of Christian doctrine.

Hebrews 6:1
1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,​

The blood of Christ is able to purge our conscience from sin.

Hebrews 9:14
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?​

As it is written.

Hebrews 10:2
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.​

Any interpretation of "repentance from dead works" to mean anything other than "repentance from sins" is false teaching by the unlearned and unstable that are wresting this scripture as they do others to their own damnation.

Choleric

Repentance from sin is one of the basic foundational principles of Christian doctrine.

Hebrews 6:1
1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,​

The blood of Christ is able to purge our conscience from sin.

Hebrews 9:14
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?​

As it is written.

Hebrews 10:2
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.​

Any interpretation of "repentance from dead works" to mean anything other than "repentance from sins" is false teaching by the unlearned and unstable that are wresting this scripture as they do others to their own damnation.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

so repentance from works is repentance from sin? What planet are you from? Do you not understand basic English? Sin does not equal works. Lets let the bible tell us what works are:

Romans 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The works you are to repent (in regard to salvation) are works of the law and good works (works of righteousness).

To further display this fact lets look at personal righteousness:

24 And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.
25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

Moses said that keeping the commandment of God was "Our righteousness". Those are the commandments of God that you think are part of your salvation. Now look at what Paul said about that righteousness obtained by keeping God's commandments:Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

And how do you get the righteousness that Paul desired above his own righteousness?

Romans 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
22 And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.
23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him;
24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

It is imputed by faith. Abraham believed God and that was all. He doubted and went into Hagar and offered God his works and God said "cast out the bondwoman". God doesn't want or need your works.

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

God did it this way so the "promise would be sure". If it depended on your faith, your works, your righteousness, your keeping God's commandments, it would not be sure. It is sure because it rest solely on God's faithfulness in doing what He promised.

God imputes the righteousness of Christ to those who believe. It is not my righteousness or yours, it is Christs. God gives us that through imputation, free by faith alone without works. Our sins are covered in the Blood of the Lamb, the only way to cover our sin debt.

2 Tim 1:12 for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

God is able to keep those of us who repent of dead works and place our faith in His promise to save those who come to God by His Son. Not by works of the law, not by good works, those are all dead works and in light of Gods righteousness, they are "filthy rags". When we trust Him, we are Born again, passed from death to life, sealed unto the day of redemption,

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Then I will reword the question. Answer now:

If a person in Israel today covets will he suffer the wages of sin? Yes or no.
Are they, or are they not, in Christ?

That is crucial.

You are playing word games. Paul specifically listed covetousness as sin that keeps one out of the kingdom.

1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And what does verse 11 say?

"And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God."

We who are in Christ are no longer; unrighteous, fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, sodomites, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, or extortioners.

In Romans 7 Paul states that sin dwells in the flesh, so when sin occurs it occurs in the flesh; it does not occur in the spirit which is in Christ.

If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
-Romans 7:16-20

And so that which sins cannot inherit the kingdom of God: "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption." [1 Cor. 15:50]

The term incest is correct.I believe I started calling it adultery in a later post, but that might be inaccurate if the father was dead as you speculate.
It is only incest if it is his biological mother. It is not.

Ephesians 2:12-13
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.​

And?

The Bible says Noah built the ark by faith. Would Noah have been saved by faith if Noah had refused to obey God's commandments?

Hebrews 11:7
7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.​

If Noah had refused to obey God's commands toward him it would have shown he did not have faith in God.

But because he had faith he was saved through his actions.

Now, if you can show me a verse stating Noah was saved by faith and nothing else I will concede that point.