The Sabbath is a What?

Doormat

Doormat said:
What you did there is an example of cognitive dissonance.

Well, it's not okay.

You can continue to tell God He is a liar when He tells believers they are free from the law of sin and death.

I have never claimed a believer is not free from the law of sin and death, so you are bearing false witness yet again. And you seem unable to comprehend that the believer serves the law of God with his mind.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

I obviously can't stop you.

Rather, you cannot stop yourself (Ro 8:7).

You can tell Jesus He died in vain and keep trying to earn what God wants to give your freely.

I'm not trying to earn anything.

Jesus will tell those who called him Lord and didn't stop sinning that he never knew them (Mt 7:23), which is consistent with (1Jo 3:6).

Choleric

Of course "damn" in the Bible always means eternal hellfire damnation.
Who falsly told you it didn't?

Just that pesky old bible. It's called a word study. The way it works is you look up every occurrence of the word in the bible and see how it is used. We can look at another instance of the words use concerning Christians:

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Here the word is again used speaking of Christian abusing the Lord's table and getting weak, sick and even dying because of it. Notice the word "sleep" in reference to the dead. That word is only used in reference to dead believers. These Christians were drinking damnation to themselves. They were chastened of The Lord as children but not as the world.

Word studies are also how you know the word "saved" doesn't mean "salvation of the soul" everytime it is used such as in this verse:

1 Tim 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Or how the word "baptize" rarely has anything to do with water such as this verse:

1 Cor 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

Almost all heresy can be traced to one of several root issues:

1) Assuming they know the definition of a word. Usually, as in your case, people take one usage and make each instance of that word mean the same thing.
2) Taking a verse out of context. Religious people do this the most often while attempting to prove something the bible doesn't teach
3) Not understanding the historical context of the verse and who that verse is addressed to. This is particularly common when applying verses to the church that do not apply. This happens most often with Matthew and Acts.

Then we can not agree. When people like doormat and myself say that we must keep the Sabbath because it is a command of God, it is a true statement about us and our beliefs, because if we believe it is a sin to break the Sabbath commandment, then we are bringing eternal hellfire damnation on ourselves if we break it without repentance. This makes your judgmental statements on the matter false.

My judgment is biblical. I have showed you your error stems from assigning an erroneous definition to a word. You are attempting to get saved by being good enough for God to "look favorably" upon you. It is the "way which seemeth right unto a man".

If you live a holy life, you will do by nature what the law requires. If we look into the holy law and do what it says, then we are doers of the law and not hearers only.

And if you sin, you have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. God will chasten you as a Son, not as the world. You will still "be saved in the day of The Lord Jesus". You will not be "judged with the world".

Paul talks about the difference between works and grace.

If salvation comes by God looking favorably upon us, then salvation does not come from our own efforts. But if salvation comes from our own efforts, then salvation does not come from God looking favorably upon us.

You are making things up. If it has anything to do with you, it is not of grace. You have not ceased from your work. You are offering God your works and God doesn't want or need them to save anybody:

It is not by your good works:

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

and it is not by keeping the law:

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

There are two things at play here: our own efforts and God looking favorably upon us.

Romans 11:6 6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

We cannot make God give us salvation through our own efforts, it is only given to those God looks favorably upon.
Will God look favorably upon us is we continue to act just like the children of disobedience that incurred His wrath through their actions? No, not at all. We must live holy lives in order to have God look favorably upon us.
Will God look favorably upon us is we just live holy lives? No, not at all. We must love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength in order to have God look favorably upon us.
Will God look favorably upon us is we just live holy lives and love God? No, not at all. We must love our neighbors as ourselves.

Becoming worthy of the kingdom of God does not happen in a single moment of belief, but is gained through faithfully loving God and living the way He wants us to for the rest of our lives.
If we fall, we can get back up again and continue as long as we have breath.
If we turn away, we can repent (turn back) and be faithful as long as we have breath.

Some of us keep the Sabbath because it is our way of showing ourselves and God that we love Him, as it is written, "this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments".
Others do not see keeping the Sabbath the same way, but God will judge their hearts and intentions, and if He likes what He sees then they will be looked upon favorably, too.

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

If I asked you what was the difference between a saved and lost person, your answer would have a lot of "I's" in it. You would say, "well I do this and I do that and I keep His commandments and I, I, I etc." You would be boasting that God saved you and not someone else because you "fill in the blank"... You are on the broad road.

I put a few of your words above in bold to show you by your own admission that you are attempting to earn salvation by your works, your holiness, your repentance, trying to become "worthy" of something. God saves sinners "while we are yet ungodly". Christ came to save sinners, not the (self)righteous. YOu will never be good enough to deserve it, you will never get there by trying to do something for God. You are, like all religions of the world (apart from biblical Christianity) attempting to be good enough. It seems logical and right, the bible says it "seems right unto a man". It is the opposite of Christianity. God saves us by faith, without works and without any merit on our part. WE cannot be good enough.

That is why it is the "narrow way and few there be that find it". Every person in the world outside of bible believing Christianity is having no problem finding the "broad road" of works and self righteousness. That is the way that seems right. The narrow way is putting down your efforts and coming to God with nothing. The law is intended to "stop your mouth and show you your guilt". It is not there for you to keep to earn salvation from God.

Once the law shows you your guilt you realize you have a need. You come to Christ for "Jesus' Blood and Righteousness".

Once you sin, you have a record, like any common criminal. No amount of good works can erase that crime. No matter how many people you don't kill, if you kill one, you are guilty. The only way to have it forgiven is by the Blood of the Lamb. Once you are washed, you are saved "once for all". You are passed from death to life and Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus will not cast out those that come to God by Him. Is Jesus a liar?

You are mistaking the Gospel with salvation.
The "good news" is about the time of the kingdom.

I am in no way doing that. i asked you the difference between the OT AND NT. WHY DID JESUS DIE? Can you tell me what is the difference between the New covenant and the old one?

Choleric

Is keeping the seventh day sabbath "a great thing to do?" Yes or no.

as I have showed you , it came on the scene with Israel, left when the church came in and will return in the millenium. That is why we are not commanded to keep it in the bible and are actually specifically told we are free from the law of moses which any 6 year old will tell you most certainly included the 10 commandments.

Since you are unable to show otherwise from the bible, you are attempting to use "logic" to put the Body of CHrist under bondage. Try showing it from the NT where the church is told to keep it. You cannot, which is why you resort to this foolishness.

Doormat

Keeping the commandments is a great thing to do ...
Doormat said:
as I have showed you , it came on the scene with Israel, left when the church came in and will return in the millenium.

Answer yes or no. You've claimed "keeping the commandments is a great thing to do." I've asked you about the sabbath commandment specifically.

That is why we are not commanded to keep it in the bible and are actually specifically told we are free from the law of moses which any 6 year old will tell you most certainly included the 10 commandments.

Then you are double minded when you claim this:

Keeping the commandments is a great thing to do ...

See cognitive dissonance.

Since you are unable to show otherwise from the bible, you are attempting to use "logic" to put the Body of CHrist under bondage.

Stop bearing false witness.

Choleric

Answer yes or no. You've claimed "keeping the commandments is a great thing to do." I've asked you about the sabbath commandment specifically.

The bible never tells me to keep the sabbath. It is a commandment that does not apply to the church

Then you are double minded when you claim this:

See cognitive dissonance.

We are to live holy lives because we are free from the law of sin and death and because we are free from the body of sin. We are called to live separate but that has nothing to do with the sabbath

Stop bearing false witness.

Saying it over and over doesn't make it true. You are a judaizer wolf who is attempting to put the church back under the law as a means of salvation.

Your posts repeatedly affirm my statement.

Doormat

The bible never tells me to keep the sabbath. It is a commandment that does not apply to the church

You can't answer a simple yes or no question because it destroys your position.

It is your claim that keeping the commandments is a great thing to do. So ...

You are a judaizer wolf who is attempting to put the church back under the law as a means of salvation.

Stop bearing false witness. I am not doing what you are claiming. What I am doing is proving you don't understand things your are trying to teach. What you are doing is demonstrating a classic example of cognitive dissonance with your behavior.

Your posts repeatedly affirm my statement.

Nah. I'm not your straw man. Just like the people in the video on cognitive dissonance that would lie to themselves for a dollar, you have created a straw man about my beliefs to attack.

My beliefs are consistent with the Constitution of the Holy Apostles I cited in a post about Simon the sorcerer that you conveniently ignored because it proves your beliefs false.

Interestingly, but sadly, your beliefs are consistent with the simony (antinomianism) condemned in the Constitution of the Holy Apostles. YOU are making the claims they condemned as heresy, not me.

Furthermore, you have also been shown two church histories that witness to the fact that the entire church met every sabbath and every first day. They celebrated the sacred mysteries on the seventh day sabbath, not the first day.

Choleric

You can't answer a simple yes or no question because it destroys your position.

I have told you over and over I am not commanded to keep the sabbath. Like adam and Abraham, who were not Jews, the sabbath observance is not for me. I do not, nor do I plan to, observe the sabbath. God couldn't care one way or the other. That is also in the bible.

Stop bearing false witness. I am not doing what you are claiming. What I am doing is proving you don't understand things your are trying to teach. What you are doing is demonstrating a classic example of cognitive dissonance with your behavior.

You are doing exactly what I am claiming since, like most religious people, you cannot understand the salvation without works. Your admission that Christians who sin will go to hell is admission that you teach a works based gospel. Just because you are trying to hide that fact desperately, doesn't change the fact.

You, like the rest of the worlds religions are on the broad road that seems right. That is attempting to be good enough and it will land you in a lake of fire.

Nah. I'm not your straw man. Just like the people in the video on cognitive dissonance that would lie to themselves for a dollar, you have created a straw man about my beliefs to attack.

You are a caricature of yourself.

My beliefs are consistent with the Constitution of the Holy Apostles I cited in a post about Simon the sorcerer that you conveniently ignored because it proves your beliefs false.

Your beliefs are consistent with the RCC too, that doesn't make them right.

Interestingly, but sadly, your beliefs are consistent with the simony (antinomianism) condemned in the Constitution of the Holy Apostles. YOU are making the claims they condemned as heresy, not me.

Furthermore, you have also been shown two church histories that witness to the fact that the entire church met ever sabbath and ever first day. They celebrated the sacred mysteries on the seventh day sabbath, not the first day.

You are consistent with all world religions, trying to earn something you can never earn

Doormat

Doormat said:

I have told you over and over I am not commanded to keep the sabbath.

You have implied that you are not commanded to keep ANY commandments so your answer is meaningless. Still you have claimed that keeping the commandments is a great thing to do for somebody. So ...

Is keeping the seventh day sabbath "a great thing to do" for any person? Yes or no.

Are you claiming that there is no longer a seventh day rest for man ordained by God? Yes or no.

You have already conceded earlier in the thread that the seventh day is still sanctified, and that it has purpose. Hence, you are boxed in by your own claims. It's likely your cognitive dissonance will prevent you from answering those questions yes or no, just as it prevented you from answering the last one.

... trying to earn something you can never earn

Straw man. That's not something I believe.

genuineoriginal

Just that pesky old bible. It's called a word study. The way it works is you look up every occurrence of the word in the bible and see how it is used. We can look at another instance of the words use concerning Christians:

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.
Yes, this also is referring to eternal hellfire damnation.
There is nothing in the verse or in the context of the verse that says otherwise.
You don't accept it because it is not saying what you want it to say.

Word studies are also how you know the word "saved" doesn't mean "salvation of the soul" everytime it is used such as in this verse:

1 Tim 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
Yes, this also is referring to salvation of the soul.
You don't accept it because it does not fit the theology you are using to interpret the verse.

Or how the word "baptize" rarely has anything to do with water such as this verse:

1 Cor 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
Word studies are helpful to figure out what is being said.
1) to dip repeatedly, to immerse, to submerge (of vessels sunk)
2) to cleanse by dipping or submerging, to wash, to make clean with water, to wash one's self, bathe
3) to overwhelm

Almost all heresy can be traced to one of several root issues:

1) Assuming they know the definition of a word. Usually, as in your case, people take one usage and make each instance of that word mean the same thing.
2) Taking a verse out of context. Religious people do this the most often while attempting to prove something the bible doesn't teach
3) Not understanding the historical context of the verse and who that verse is addressed to. This is particularly common when applying verses to the church that do not apply. This happens most often with Matthew and Acts.
Not at all. Almost all heresy can be traced to this:

2 Timothy 4:3
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;​

I don't like the implications of everything I read in the Bible, but I refuse to allow false teachers to convince me that it says what I want it to say.
That is why I don't believe false teaching like OSAS.

My judgment is biblical. I have showed you your error stems from assigning an erroneous definition to a word.
And I have showed you your error comes from having itching ears.

You are attempting to get saved by being good enough for God to "look favorably" upon you. It is the "way which seemeth right unto a man".

And if you sin, you have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. God will chasten you as a Son, not as the world. You will still "be saved in the day of The Lord Jesus". You will not be "judged with the world".
No, I am not attempting to get saved by being good enough for God to "look favorably" upon me. You make that claim to avoid seeing the truth.
According to your theology, the king put a wedding garment on all the guests at the wedding.
According to Jesus, the guest was thrown out because he didn't bother getting a wedding garment and putting it on.

Matthew 22:11-13
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.​

You are making things up. If it has anything to do with you, it is not of grace. You have not ceased from your work.
Now you are making things up. You assume that God looks favorably upon certain people for no reason at all.
You are offering God your works and God doesn't want or need them
I am offering God my obedience and my love. Check the scriptures and see whether God wants my obedience and my love.

If I asked you what was the difference between a saved and lost person, your answer would have a lot of "I's" in it. You would say, "well I do this and I do that and I keep His commandments and I, I, I etc." You would be boasting that God saved you and not someone else because you "fill in the blank"... You are on the broad road.
No, I am on the narrow path, which you don't seem able to find.
The difference between a saved person and a lost person is that Jesus has written the name of the saved person into the book of life, and the lost person either never had his name written into the book of life, or had his name blotted out from the book of life because he chose to give in to the world instead of overcoming the world.

I put a few of your words above in bold to show you by your own admission that you are attempting to earn salvation by your works, your holiness, your repentance, trying to become "worthy" of something.
Why do you want to do nothing with the treasure Jesus gave you?
Do you not understand He will require it back with interest when He returns?

Luke 19:20-23
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?​

God saves us by faith, without works and without any merit on our part. WE cannot be good enough.
We are saved by faithfulness, as it is written: the righteous will live by faithfulness. You can't be faithful to God without doing something.

genuineoriginal

The narrow way is putting down your efforts and coming to God with nothing.
No, the narrow way is repenting of your sins and coming to God with everything you have.
The law is intended to "stop your mouth and show you your guilt".
The law is intended to show the world what God declares as righteous behaviour.
It is not there for you to keep to earn salvation from God.
You keep making the false claim that it is used to earn salvation. You should stop thinking like a Pharisee about the law and put on the mind of Jesus. Find out why Jesus kept the law and see if His reasons are good enough for you.
Once the law shows you your guilt you realize you have a need. You come to Christ for "Jesus' Blood and Righteousness".

Psalm 119:33-39
33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
34 Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
35 Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.
38 Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.
39 Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good.​

Once you sin, you have a record, like any common criminal. No amount of good works can erase that crime. No matter how many people you don't kill, if you kill one, you are guilty. The only way to have it forgiven is by the Blood of the Lamb. Once you are washed, you are saved "once for all". You are passed from death to life and Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you.
After you believe, you still need to overcome.

Revelation 3:5
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.​

If you don't overcome, you will fall away or bring no fruit to perfection, and be eternally hellfire damned.

Luke 8:13-14
13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.​

Jesus will not cast out those that come to God by Him. Is Jesus a liar?
Jesus will cast out those that work iniquity. Is Jesus a liar?

Luke 13:27
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.​

i asked you the difference between the OT AND NT. WHY DID JESUS DIE? Can you tell me what is the difference between the New covenant and the old one?
In the old covenant, the law was written on stone tablets, in the new covenant the law is written in our hearts.

Hebrews 10:16-17
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.​

Choleric

You have implied that you are not commanded to keep ANY commandments so your answer is meaningless.

In regard to getting saved, or staying saved, I am free from the law of sin and death.

Still you have claimed that keeping the commandments is a great thing to do for somebody. So ...

Living a holy life is GOd's will for all of us.

Is keeping the seventh day sabbath "a great thing to do" for any person? Yes or no.

No, not for any person.

Are you claiming that there is no longer a seventh day rest for man ordained by God? Yes or no.

GOd only ordained it for The JEW. He did not ordain it for Adam or abraham. He sanctified it. He also sanctified me, but that doesn't mean you have to observe me or go to hell.

You have already conceded earlier in the thread that the seventh day is still sanctified, and that it has purpose. Hence, you are boxed in by your own claims. It's likely your cognitive dissonance will prevent you from answering those questions yes or no, just as it prevented you from answering the last one.

I am also sanctified. It appears you are having difficulty believing the bible again, which is why you continue to deny simple truths, such as

1) Adam did not observe any sabbath
2) Adam only had one commandment and it was not "keep the sabbath"
3) Abraham did not keep the sabbath

do you know how I know this to be true? The bible. You cannot prove otherwise, so you resort to "logic".

Straw man. That's not something I believe.

You yourself said your salvation depends on YOU obeying something and doing something. My salvation depends on God's promise. One of us is working.

keypurr

When I stand in judgement I will say I loved you enough to keep your commandments and they were no burden to me.

Paulos

When I stand in judgement I will say I loved you enough to keep your commandments and they were no burden to me.

Acts 15:10
Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?​

Doormat

Doormat said:
No, not for any person.

Is keeping the commandment to not murder "a great thing to do" for any person? Yes or no.

Doormat said:
GOd only ordained it for The JEW.

Do Jews still have a day of rest? Yes or no.

If you answer no then explain what is the purpose of the seventh day still being sanctified, as you have already conceded, and explain why God said the sabbath was a sign for ever between Him and Israel.

3) Abraham did not keep the sabbath

do you know how I know this to be true? The bible. You cannot prove otherwise, so you resort to "logic".

Genesis 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

You yourself said your salvation depends on YOU obeying something and doing something.

I've never said that, and you could not find a single quote of me saying that. You are bearing false witness again.

One of us is working.

It's easy to prove it is you who is working.

Do you sin from time-to-time or all of the time? :think:

Doormat

Acts 15:10
Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?​

Don't use that scripture to falsely accuse keypurr. He's not doing that.

Paulos

Don't use that scripture to falsely accuse keypurr. He's not doing that.

That wasn't my intention. My intention was simply to show that the apostles admitted that the ceremonial and ritual aspects of the Mosaic law were indeed a burden that neither they nor their forefathers were able to bear. Keypur says it isn't, but the apostles said it was.

Doormat

That wasn't my intention. My intention was simply to show that the apostles admitted that the ceremonial and ritual aspects of the Mosaic law were indeed a burden that neither they nor their forefathers were able to bear. Keypur says it isn't, but the apostles said it was.

You are wrong in your interpretation and keypurr's intent, so stop bearing false witness.

Do you accept the Consititutions of the Holy Apostles as truth or reject it as heresy? Answer: accept or reject.

Doormat

My intention was simply to show that the apostles admitted that the ceremonial and ritual aspects of the Mosaic law were indeed a burden that neither they nor their forefathers were able to bear.

Your interpretation not only contradicts the Constitutions of the Holy Apostles, it also contradicts the law and prophets.

Ezekiel 20:24,25 Because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers’ idols. Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;

Ezekiel 20:24-25 proves conclusively that the burdensome ceremonial and ritual aspects of the Mosaic law are not the seventh day sabbath.

keypurr's words were consistent with the Constitutions of the Holy Apostles regarding the ten commandments and consistent with the law and the prophets.

You should apologize to keypurr.

Choleric

Yes, this also is referring to eternal hellfire damnation.
There is nothing in the verse or in the context of the verse that says otherwise.
You don't accept it because it is not saying what you want it to say.

:rotfl: Are you serious? Allow me to spell it out for you.

1- Those people were making a mockery of the Lord's table.
2- BEcause of this, some were sick, weak or sleeping
3- the word "sleep" always refers to the saved dead.

That is called doctrine. I study the word "sleep" and know those people were not lost, even though God killed them for sinning. No matter how hard you try, the word, "sleep" will never refer to a lost person in the bible.

Therefore, the word "damnation" when referring to Christians, in the two instances we have studied, both refer to death, not damned to hell. WE let the bible define our terms and now we know "damnation" doesn't mean "go to hell" when used in the context of Christians.

Yes, this also is referring to salvation of the soul.
You don't accept it because it does not fit the theology you are using to interpret the verse.

:rotfl: So please tell me where the bible teaches a woman will go to heaven for having a kid? You can't possible be serious. Please show me the cross references to uphold your heresy.

Word studies are helpful to figure out what is being said.

Those baptized unto moses were not dipped or immersed and water was not involved. They went over on dry land. Surely you realize that.
Not at all. Almost all heresy can be traced to this:

2 Timothy 4:3
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;​

I don't like the implications of everything I read in the Bible, but I refuse to allow false teachers to convince me that it says what I want it to say.
That is why I don't believe false teaching like OSAS.

EVery heretic on this forum uses that verse to uphold their "doctrine". The question is can you prove it allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture as I did above with the word "sleep". You can't make that word mean "go to hell" with any cross reference in the bible.

You cannot prove that a Christian is under the law with any cross reference in the bible. We are told over and over we are not under it and yet you continue to invent ways to put yourself back under it.

And I have showed you your error comes from having itching ears

You have not shown me anything, you have proclaimed it, like everybody else on this website, without Scripture to prove it.

No, I am not attempting to get saved by being good enough for God to "look favorably" upon me. You make that claim to avoid seeing the truth.
According to your theology, the king put a wedding garment on all the guests at the wedding.
According to Jesus, the guest was thrown out because he didn't bother getting a wedding garment and putting it on.

Matthew 22:11-13
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.​

Remember the three points that lead to heresy, here you are using a passage out of context becuase you don't understand the bible. Notice the passage has to do with a King looking for "guests" for a wedding. I am not a guest, I am the bride of Christ. Here is a cross reference for Matthew 22-25:

Luk 12:36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.

1-The rapture of the Bride of Christ occurs before,
2- There is going to be a wedding of Jesus and His bride.
3- THEN he will return. Look at the verse. Jesus said "when he will return from the wedding". The passages in Matthew are primarily for the Jew during the tribulation and millenium, not the church.

This verse above proves it by showing the timing of it. The bride will be complete at this point and the "times of the gentiles" will be fulfilled. There will be no more "salvation by grace through faith".

This is called sound doctrine, allowing the bible to interpret the bible and believing what it says to who it says it.

Much like the much abused and misused "parable of the ten virgins" which also does not apply to the church. The church is "ONE", not ten and those virgins are supposed to be looking and they are not the bride.

Now you are making things up. You assume that God looks favorably upon certain people for no reason at all.

That is exactly what He does. Allow me to show you some verses that prove it:

Deu 9:5 Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Deu 9:6 Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

God gave them the land (a type of salvation) but not for their righteousness.

What about the OT type Jesus used for salvation:

Num 21:5 And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread.
Num 21:6 And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died.
Num 21:7 Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We have sinned, for we have spoken against the LORD, and against thee; pray unto the LORD, that he take away the serpents from us. And Moses prayed for the people.
Num 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.
Num 21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

The people spake against God, they sinned and God offered a solution. There were not qualifications for those that looked, they were just told to look. Much like salvation today, I am sure many refused to look and thought it was silly or that they needed a "real doctor" and they died from the venom. But for those that simply trusted God and looked, he removed the sickness.

Today is no different. Jesus was lifted up and we are told to look to Him for salvation. men call it foolish, and stumble at the stumblingstone attempting to earn their healing. But we are simply offered a free look, and upon looking, without preparation of heart, we are healed.
I am offering God my obedience and my love. Check the scriptures and see whether God wants my obedience and my love.

God certainly wants obedience, but if you think it is your obedience that will save you, you are gravely mistaken:

1- Not by good works (Titus 3:5)
2- Not by keeping the law (Gal 2:16, Rom 3:20, Gal 3:11)

What you need is not to be good, but you need forgiveness of sins:

Act 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:
Act 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

But you have an issue:

Act 13:40 Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets;
Act 13:41 Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

No, I am on the narrow path

Then why is the whole world on the same path you're on? Has to be a pretty wide path.

The difference between a saved person and a lost person is that Jesus has written the name of the saved person into the book of life, and the lost person either never had his name written into the book of life, or had his name blotted out from the book of life because he chose to give in to the world instead of overcoming the world.

Jesus overcame the world for me. It is not my responsibility.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Because of Christ I have already overcome:

1Jn4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Why do you want to do nothing with the treasure Jesus gave you?
Do you not understand He will require it back with interest when He returns?

Luke 19:20-23
20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:
21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.
22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:
23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?​

Notice the way the parable ends:

Luk 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

The man who hid his talent was not thrown into hell. The same parable in Matthew the servant is thrown into outer darkness. Do you know why?

We are saved by faithfulness, as it is written: the righteous will live by faithfulness. You can't be faithful to God without doing something.

Where do you get this stuff? You are saved by grace, through faith, and that not of yourselves.

Doormat

3- the word "sleep" always refers to the saved dead.

You are mistaken again.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

That is called doctrine.

No. It's called error on your part.

I study the word "sleep" and know those people were not lost, even though God killed them for sinning. No matter how hard you try, the word, "sleep" will never refer to a lost person in the bible.

You've been proved wrong.