The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

beloved57

Not for ours only !

1 Jn 2:2

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Not for ours only meaning, not for our sins only, meaning them John was presently writing the epistle to, but for the sins of the whole world, meaning to include those who Christ died for who were believers in the past as the OT Saints Rom 3:25

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

And for all people Christ died for who may not at that present time of his writing have not yet believed, that is for All future Believers, Like when Christ prayed for future believers here Jn 17:20

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Yes, even for unbelievers that He died for, and it was for all nationalities of men: Black, White, Hispanic, Orientals and Indians; But the one thing that makes it [their propitiation] manifest, given with propitiation as an counterpart, is Faith in His Blood. If any have not Faith in His Blood, there is no evidence of He being their propitiation, hence and He did not die for them, For Christ's death makes us Just, and the promise to the Just is this Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

So which of your verses say there are exceptions?

What's the use of quoting any of them since the Calvinists will change their plain meaning? Nonethess"

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Heb.9:10).​

Here are some more:

"He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world" (1 Jn.2:2).​

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (2 Cor.5:19).​

"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven" (Col.1:20).​

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved" (Jn.3:17).​

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world" (Jn.6:51).​

"And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world" (Jn.4:42).​

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world" (1 Jn.4:14).​

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time" (1 Tim.2:6).​

beloved57

He died for the world of the Seed of Abraham !

Heb 2:16

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

This scripture is really a dagger to the false teaching that Christ came to save the whole world without exception, but the Truth is that He came to save a Chosen Remnant, the Seed of Abraham.

Ps 105:6

O ye seed of Abraham his servant, ye children of Jacob his chosen.

Isa 41:8

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

Jn 15:13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

James 2:23

It was always only a specific people He came to save and shall save and did save Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

His People are here Heb 2:16

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Now listen, all mankind without exception is not the Seed of Abraham, for scripture plainly teaches us that its a Chosen Seed !

See 1 Chron 16:13; Ps 105:6; and Isa 41:8.

The Truth is this, Adam represented only the Seed of Abraham; for that is the vital importance of Christ's Genealogy in scripture. Christ is the Seed of Abraham [according to the flesh] Matt 1:1

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

Jesus Christ the Son of David and hence the Son of Abraham does not mean He is their Son by any blood relation, because He was never personally in their Loins at any time, as Levi was here Heb 7:9-10

9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

That can never be said of Jesus Christ, Yet according to the Flesh, He was the Son of Abraham and David Rom 1:3

Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

This again points to whom He came to save, The House of David Lk 1:69

And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

That's the only People Christ came to die for !

Last edited:

Rightglory

What's the use of quoting any of them since the Calvinists will change their plain meaning? Nonethess"

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Heb.9:10).​

Here are some more:

"He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world" (1 Jn.2:2).​

"To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (2 Cor.5:19).​

"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven" (Col.1:20).​

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved" (Jn.3:17).​

"I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world" (Jn.6:51).​

"And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world" (Jn.4:42).​

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world" (1 Jn.4:14).​

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time" (1 Tim.2:6).​

We should be grateful that we have one of the best examples of how man can twist scripture to suit man-made suppositions.

beloved57

He gave His Life for His Church in Union with Him !

Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Christ did not love and give Himself for all without exception, but He Loved and gave Himself for the Church. For it cannot be made more plainer that Christ here is specifically said to give himself for it. In another place He calls it His Church Matt 16:18

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Now knowing this, Christ gave himself in death for those who were in Union with Himself, For Christ is the Head of His Church Eph 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Now is not the Husband and Wife in a Union before God ?

The Head and the Body are in Union. Also according to the Great Mystery revealed to Paul, the Church and Christ were typified in the beginning at Creation by Adam and Eve Eph 5:30-32

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Adam and Eve were joined together before they sinned. The word joined also means:

made into or caused to act as a single entity, and when Eve sinned she was in Union with Her Husband [One Flesh] and she then gave him the forbidden fruit. When Christ's Body the Church sinned in Adam, He was in Union with Her, and when His Body the Church sinned, He sinned with her by Imputation, which means that her sin, she first being in the transgression, as it was with Adam and Eve, as the Head 1 Tim 2:14

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

So Likewise, the church sin was charged as transgression on Christ. God charged Eves sin to Adam Rom 5:14

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

That's another way Adam was a Type or Figure, as Christ had the sins of His Bride imputed to Him, so did Adam have the transgression of His Bride charged to him as his transgression !

So Christ did not die for anyone's sin that was not His Eve, whom God had Joined Him together with, and so they had to be in Union. And who was Union with Him in the Divine Purpose of God ? None But these Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

His Bride the Church was Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World !

Last edited:

Nanja

beloved 57 - He gave His Life for His Church in Union with Him !
His Bride the Church was Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World !

Awesome truths presented here!

This is "the world" that Christ died for (John 3:16); His Church, His Bride; hand-picked by the Father and given to His Son:

John 17
v.1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
v.2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

~~~~~

journey

It's interesting to see how far Calvinists are willing to go in twisting the Bible to fit their doctrine. They even add non-existing meaning to portions of Scripture that get in their way.

beloved57

It's interesting to see how far Calvinists are willing to go in twisting the Bible to fit their doctrine. They even add non-existing meaning to portions of Scripture that get in their way.

You just don't believe the Truth. See ya at the Judgment !

beloved57

He tasted death for every Son !

Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings [Unto Death] 1 Pet 3:18.

I know the false teachers take this verse Heb 2:9 and force upon it the false teaching that Christ died for all men without exception ! However the correct and honest rendering of the Verse is that He tasted death for every Son, The word for beginning in Vs 10 is the word gar a conjunction denoting affirmation or conclusion of what precedes, its a connection word clarifying the End and Purpose as to why Christ's tasted death, it was to the end in bringing many sons to Glory !

The Sons are also stated here Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The many sons are also the many brethren to be conformed to the Firstborn Son, which brethren are also seen in Heb 2:11,12,17, and these brethren are the many Sons in Vs 10, the Firstborn Son tasted death for in Vs 9, to bring them to Glory, which again points back to the Many Brethren in Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

In Vs 30, the being Glorified is synomonus to being brought to Glory Heb 2:10. For in the original Heb 2:9, the word man is not there but added by the King James translators, so even the closes subjects that are objects of His Death are the Sons of Vs 10 which again the conjunction gar [for] connects. Also Rom 8:19 points to the Son's that shall be Glorified. The word Sons is Huios, both in Rom 8:19 and Heb 2:10. So Heb 2:9 would be correct and proper to say Heb 2:9-10

9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every Son.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings [unto death 1 Pet 3:18].

beloved57

To be the propitiation for Our sins !

1 Jn 4:10

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Now who is John speaking of when He states here, That God first Loved us and SENT His Son to be the propitiation for OUR Sins. Notice the word SENT here. Now lets briefly look at a comment Christ made once before about who He was sent unto. Matt 15:24

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Notice the word sent in both places, 1 Jn 4:10 and Matt 15:24 the greek word is apostellō and means:

I.to order (one) to go to a place appointed

Christ is stating that He was only Sent to Save One Specific People here in Matt 15:24, so therefore it must be that same group of People here 1 Jn 4:10

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

In other words, If those in Matt 15:24 are not the same as those in 1 Jn 4:10, a contradiction arises with what Christ stated and what John wrote.

Now, back to John, is He writing also of the Whole World here 1 Jn 2:2

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 Jn 2:2 here is the same us as in 1 Jn 4:10 which is the same as those in Matt 15:24 or again we have a serious contradiction.

Now does the Whole World of 1 Jn 2:2 MEAN everyone without exception ? No, it cannot possible mean that, or Matt 15:24 is contradicted, as well as, at the time of John's writing and Ministry, he has written before of some who were presently under God's Wrath in Unbelief Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

In which case, Christ could not have been for them, sent by God to be a propitiation for their sins, because if He did, wrath for them would have been already removed and God placated on their behalf , but since its obviously not, then they simply cannot be of that whole World of 1 Jn 2:2. Then what does whole World mean in this regard ?

Nanja

Now does the Whole World of 1 Jn 2:2 MEAN everyone without exception ? No, it cannot possible mean that, or Matt 15:24 is contradicted, as well as, at the time of John's writing and Ministry, he has written before of some who were presently under God's Wrath in Unbelief Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

In which case, Christ could not have been for them, sent by God to be a propitiation for their sins, because if He did, wrath for them would have been already removed and God placated on their behalf , but since its obviously not, then they simply cannot be of that whole World of 1 Jn 2:2. Then what does whole World mean in this regard ?

All of the people of the world fall into one of these two categories: they are either Jew or Gentile.

The world Christ died for are all of the election of Grace (Rom. 11:5);
chosen before the foundation of the world to become the Sons of God (Eph. 1:4-5);
consisting of both Jews and Gentiles. These are the ones that God loved (John 3:16) with an everlasting love (Jer. 31:3);
the ones He refers to as "beloved" (1 John 4:11; Eph. 1:6).

So, the whole world, again as depicted in 1 John 2:2, encompasses all of the Seed of Abraham; Gentiles also:
God's chosen elect from all the nations of the world (Psalm 72:17; Rev. 5:9, 14:6).

~~~~~

beloved57

To be the propitiation for Our sins ! 2

Then what does whole World mean in this regard ? Lets look at Heb 2:16-17

16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The word reconciliation here is greek word hilaskomai:

I.
to render one's self, to appease, conciliate to one's self
A.
to become propitious, be placated or appeased

B.
to be propitious, be gracious, be merciful

II.
to expiate, make propitiation for

Its the verb form of the Noun hilasmos used in 1 Jn 2:2

So it applies to, the Whole World of the Seed of Abraham, The sins of the People. The People in Vs 17 has the greek definite article " τὸ ἱλάσκεσθαι τὰς ἁμαρτίας τοῦ λαοῦ "

For the sins of the People, this is as definite and specific as it can get, His Propitiation, the Propitiation is for the specific sins for a specific people. In Essence that's what Jesus is saying in Matt 15:24

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Which is the Seed of Abraham !

Now the sins of the People, a definite People, the Seed of Abraham, were not just ethnic jews, nor ethnic jews or believers of that time in world history, but it encompasses the Seed of Abraham from the Beginning of the World in Adam, until its consummation, it covers His Seed Completely. Abraham's Seed here Gen 17:5

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

To make propitiation for the sins of the people, the people with the definite article, not just people in general, applies to the Seed of Abraham Heb 2:16

Which are the Elect of God, and in this He is a Faithful and Merciful High Priest in the things Pertaining to God.

Last edited:

beloved57

nanja

So, the whole world, again as depicted in 1 John 2:2, encompasses all of the Seed of Abraham; Gentiles also:
God's chosen elect from all the nations of the world (Psalm 72:17; Rev. 5:9, 14:6).

Yes indeed. I like that Verse Ps 72:17

17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

That has to refer to the Promise Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

beloved57

To be the propitiation for Our sins ! 3

Yes, outside of the sins for the People, the Seed of Abraham, it does not pertain to God. Now understand something, The propitiation was offered for the People, Christ's Brethren in the Family of God, The Elect Seed of Abraham; Was Not Christ Elect Isa 42:1

Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Well also was His Brethren, is He not the Firstborn of many brethren Per Rom 8:29

Remember the Brethren are also mentioned in Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Are not these the same brethren of Rom 8:29 ? Why of course they are, and they are the Church, because He is the same Firstborn as here Col 1:18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

His Church and He is One as its stated here Heb 2:11

11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

The same brethren as in Rom 8:29, Heb 2:17.

Christ's Work as High Priest for the sins of the people was typified by the one Aaron, High Priest of God's sinful People Israel, now was Aaron by the appointment of God, a High Priest for all men in the World in General ? Did it pertain to that ? No God forbid, but only for the People of God, Covenant Israel, His Brethren, well His Antitype Christ, by the same appointment of God, is not a High Priest for all men in general, but solely for the Elect of God, New Covenant Israel, The Israel of God, the Seed of Abraham. Christ only offered Himself for those the Father had given Him in the Everlasting Covenant Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. CP

Heb 2:13

13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

And it is only those He maketh Intercession for as Indicated here Jn 17:9,20

9 I pray[intercede] for them: I pray[intercede] not for the world[in general], but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

20 Neither pray[intercede] I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ [The Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16] that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Folks if God has given us a honest heart by His Grace, we can see that according to scripture, Christ's Propitiation was exclusively for the sins of the People, the Seed of Abraham, for He is the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:16 and He died for His Seed Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Last edited: