The Most Dangerous Teaching

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So when they heard this good news they were so overjoyed that they were "pricked in their heart" and asked, "what must we do"?

What did Peter tell them? Saved by grace without works? The gospel of the grace of God? Nothing but the Christ and Him crucified?

Nope. Repent and get water baptized.

This is why it's so crucial to "Rightly Divide" the Word of God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Peter 2:1-3 New International Version (NIV)

False Teachers and Their Destruction
2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

turbosixx

This is why it's so crucial to "Rightly Divide" the Word of God.

I suggest to you that that verse does not mean to divide into parts. This is a case where 400 year old English doesn't help. The Greek word used there isn't the Greek word for dividing as into parts. It means to handle correctly.

G3718
orthotomeó: to cut straight
Original Word: ὀρθοτομέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: orthotomeó
Phonetic Spelling: (or-thot-om-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I cut straight, handle correctly
Definition: I cut straight; met: I handle correctly, teach rightly

This is the Greek word for dividing into parts.
G1266
diamerizó: to distribute, to divide
Original Word: διαμερίζω
Transliteration: diamerizó
Phonetic Spelling: (dee-am-er-id'-zo)
Short Definition: I divide up into parts, break up, distribute
Definition: I divide up into parts, break up; I distribute

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I suggest to you that that verse does not mean to divide into parts. This is a case where 400 year old English doesn't help. The Greek word used there isn't the Greek word for dividing as into parts. It means to handle correctly.

G3718

G1266

Do you even speak Greek?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi and the Greek word CHARIS / GRACE means Favor , Benefit , Thankful and 9 other words !!

Grace does not mean the Dispensation of the Grace of God and what is known as the MYSTERY , Rom 16:25 and 26 !!

dan p

Although, I hope you would agree that, Paul taught/preached the "Grace Gospel" that was given to him, by the risen Lord Jesus Christ? After all, the Church you attend preaches that.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

G3718

G1266
In order to read scripture correctly, you will have to divide it into categories.

(Matt 16:20) must be divided from other scriptures of going to the whole world.

turbosixx

In order to read scripture correctly, you will have to divide it into categories.

(Matt 16:20) must be divided from other scriptures of going to the whole world.

I agree that verse is not to the whole world but after his DBR, this one is.
Mk. 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

When do you believe the Jews and Gentiles were made into one new man?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree that verse is not to the whole worldbut after his DBR, this one is.
Mk. 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
Thus, it should be divided (separated/ put into a different category) from the other.

We must pay attention to whom the words are spoken to and what that purpose it has for them at the time.

And we know that it was also said (Mat 10:23) that BEFORE that would happen (in fact, before they even reach the cities of Israel) the Lord would return.

The restored kingdom promised to Israel with the Lord Jesus Christ as their King was postponed due to their rejection.
And now they have to wait for His return, and then the whole world will be blessed through the rise of Israel, not their fall.

At the present time, prophesy is on hold, and a mystery (as apposed to prophesy) fills that interruption.
It is a mystery because prophesy says that the whole world will be blessed through their rise, not their fall.
The mystery happens during their fall.
Prophesy will continue when they rise.

Until Paul taught the mystery, no scripture prophesy of Israel says that the world will be blessed through their fall.

turbosixx

Thus, it should be divided (separated/ put into a different category) from the other.

We must pay attention to whom the words are spoken to and what that purpose it has for them at the time.

And we know that it was also said (Mat 10:23) that BEFORE that would happen (in fact, before they even reach the cities of Israel) the Lord would return.

The restored kingdom promised to Israel with the Lord Jesus Christ as their King was postponed due to their rejection.
And now they have to wait for His return, and then the whole world will be blessed through the rise of Israel, not their fall.

At the present time, prophesy is on hold, and a mystery (as apposed to prophesy) fills that interruption.
It is a mystery because prophesy says that the whole world will be blessed through their rise, not their fall.
The mystery happens during their fall.
Prophesy will continue when they rise.

Until Paul taught the mystery, no scripture prophesy of Israel says that the world will be blessed through their fall.

When did Jew and Gentile become one new man?

turbosixx

Not until Paul's ministry of the mystery.
Which is a separate entity from the prophesied kingdom of Israel.

So who were the first Jews added to the body?

What was Paul preaching about the kingdom?
Acts 20:25 And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again.