The Most Dangerous Teaching

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Giving God all the glory is holiness? Cool. :thumb:

I'm merely stating what Paul does.
I'm not surprised you would say that, however.
You have a worker bent in you.

Your "study" and your "methods" are evidence of that.

Even though I have "Danoh the Dunce" on ignore, I can still see that he's remained in his comfortable ignorance. Good for him.

Danoh

Giving God all the glory is holiness? Cool. :thumb:

I'm merely stating what Paul does.
I'm not surprised you would say that, however.
You have a worker bent in you.

Your "study" and your "methods" are evidence of that.

This, o clueless one...

Are you saying those who have believed unto righteousness have any desire whatsoever to please themselves? That those who have believed unto righteousness have any desire to put themselves first?

You're wrong. That you still have such lusts and desires just shows you have not been created a new creature in Christ Jesus.

Is Holiness Movement nonsense.

Unfortunately, those of your pals on here who do not agree with you on that may follow their same old same old and not address your error.

You're left with those of your ignorant pals who not only agree with your error, but who only high-five those who have not offended the obvious hypocrisy that is your so called sinlessness.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

turbosixx

Paul had MANY revelations from the Lord...including a trip to the third heaven (Paradise).

And they should all be in harmony.

Most of Paul's letters come after he finished his travels. The letters he writes to those he and others converted should agree with what he taught and how he converted them.

turbosixx

You find it strange because you don't see that being baptized into one body BY THE SPIRIT, is the ONE BAPTISM that saves. And it is the effect of being begotten by the Gospel when we are given the earnest of the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.​

You are correct, I don't see that as the one baptism. Here's why.
In the first chapter of 1 Cor. when Paul is talking about baptism, what kind is it?
In chapter 10 when he talks of baptism, what kind is it?
When these Corinthians believed, what kind of baptism did they receive?

I believe it to be water in every case. So why would the Corinthians believe 12:13 is talking about spirit baptism?

I suggest to you this is what that passage means. When they believed and were water baptized in the name of Jesus they were added to the body as we see here.
Acts 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

turbosixx

For what? You were incorrect in your "I suggest that John did not baptize them". The bible says that he did.

And AGAIN, do you think that everyone that John baptized had to be re-baptized?

So you're saying John the Baptist taught Jesus enough that they were believers to the point that Paul didn't need to teach them anything? You have verses to show John preached Jesus is the Christ?

John was in jail before or very soon after Jesus started his ministry.

turbosixx

For what? You were incorrect in your "I suggest that John did not baptize them". The bible says that he did.

And AGAIN, do you think that everyone that John baptized had to be re-baptized?

I could point it out but I'd rather you read it for yourself and not take my word for it, Acts 18:24-28.

If you don't want to challenge your understanding that's fine, but if you're going to shoot down my understanding I need more proof than "I said so".

Right Divider

Body part
So you're saying John the Baptist taught Jesus enough that they were believers to the point that Paul didn't need to teach them anything? You have verses to show John preached Jesus is the Christ?

John was in jail before or very soon after Jesus started his ministry.
I would suggest to you John did not baptize these men. If you read the end of Acts 18, you can see what they were taught.

Acts 19:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:3) And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
You should just admit that you were wrong and move on.

While you're at it, feel free to show where Jesus preached the gospel of the grace of God while He was ministering to the circumcision.

P.S Why are you so shy to show us all where Peter preached the cross as good news in Acts 1-8? If it's all the same gospel, that should be a piece of cake.

glorydaz

This, o clueless one...

Is Holiness Movement nonsense.

Unfortunately, those of your pals on here who do not agree with you on that may follow their same old same old and not address your error.

You're left with those of your ignorant pals who not only agree with your error, but who only high-five those who have not offended the obvious hypocrisy that is your so called sinlessness.

So your desires are to please yourself? You have to force yourself to put the Lord first in your life?

I find that quite telling. Hardly a change of heart.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
In the first chapter of 1 Cor. when Paul is talking about baptism, what kind is it?

I believe it to be water in every case. So why would the Corinthians believe 12:13 is talking about spirit baptism?

I suggest to you this is what that passage means. When they believed and were water baptized in the name of Jesus they were added to the body as we see here.
Acts 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.

Again, you're wrong. Like I told you before, believe what you want to believe, however, don't believe you'll have ANY success at making a "True Child of God" give up the Grace Gospel and go with you. It will NEVER happen. Basically, you're preaching 'Another gospel", a gospel that teaches "Grace plus personal works/deeds."

glorydaz

And they should all be in harmony.

Most of Paul's letters come after he finished his travels. The letters he writes to those he and others converted should agree with what he taught and how he converted them.

Of course the Lord would agree with you on that?

You think Paul didn't built precept upon precept as the Lord gave him revelation?

Right Divider

Body part
I could point it out but I'd rather you read it for yourself and not take my word for it, Acts 18:24-28.

If you don't want to challenge your understanding that's fine, but if you're going to shoot down my understanding I need more proof than "I said so".
Aquila and Priscilla were taught by PAUL for over a year and a half... that is why they could "expound unto him the way of God more perfectly".

You are actually similar to Apollos.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I believe that ALL "Grace Gospel" believers have "Spiritual Discernment" when it comes to hearing "false doctrine" being spewed." And, there's plenty of that on TOL and on this particular thread at this time.

glorydaz

You think this was being baptised in water?

1 Cor. 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

Danoh

So your desires are to please yourself? You have to force yourself to put the Lord first in your life?

I find that quite telling. Hardly a change of heart.

I'm just going by the obvious in such as Romans chapters 6 thru 8, etc.

But "tell" away all your holiness error compels you to. :chuckle: