The Most Dangerous Teaching

turbosixx

If it took faith plus water baptism to be saved then when Paul was asked what one must do to be saved he would have answered, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and be baptized and you will be saved."

But that is not what he said. Instead, he only mentioned fsaith.

If it only takes belief, why did Paul baptize them?

We also know that as soon as Cornelius believed he was speaking in tongues and that happened before he was baptized with water. We know that he was saved prior to being baptized with water because the Holy Spirit fell on him before being baptized.

Jesus told Peter to make Christians by baptizing them in his name. When Peter sees God accepted them, he does exactly that ordering them to be baptized.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes, but the passage Jerry and I are talking about is the jailer which is after.

Well, you and I could debate Scriptures until the cows come home, however, in the end, analysis, why bother? If you don't feel the pull one way or the other, perhaps you need to stop "theorizing" and start praying to God for guidance in these matters? I'm not here to argue unnecessarily.

turbosixx

Well, you and I could debate Scriptures until the cows come home, however, in the end, analysis, why bother? If you don't feel the pull one way or the other, perhaps you need to stop "theorizing" and start praying to God for guidance in these matters? I'm not here to argue unnecessarily.

If you don't want to discuss that's fine. To me it's very simple. Jesus said make Christians by baptizing them in his name. We see Peter and Paul converting people by preaching the gospel and baptizing them in Jesus' name. Simple.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Turbo, I kind of think you want to win a debate and not get to the truth of any matter? Is that where you're coming from? I'm not a debater per se, I only want to learn the truth and teach that truth to others, if given the chance. However, if I cross paths with someone who is looking only for a "proper debate" I'm not interested. If you believe my posts, that's fine, if you don't, that's fine, as well.

turbosixx

If that's what you've chosen to believe, that's your choice. I can't change your mind or heart, only God can do that. So, we'll leave it at that. I have nothing more to add.

I appreciate your attitude but I based that decision off of what the bible says. When we compare Peters sermon in Acts 2 and Paul's in Acts 13. They're the same.

Addressing Israel
Peter: 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words;
Paul: 16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel,

Christ descended from David
Peter: 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Paul: 23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Savior, Jesus:

Christ died
Peter: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Paul: 28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain.

David saw decay
Peter: 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Paul: 36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Christ did not see decay
Peter: 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Paul: 37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Jesus resurrected
Peter: 32 This Jesus hath God raised up,
Paul: 30 But God raised him from the dead:

People witnessed the resurrection
Peter: 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Paul: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

Forgiveness of sins through Jesus
Peter: 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Paul: 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Jesus is Israel’s savior
Peter: 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Paul: 23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Savior, Jesus:

turbosixx

Turbo, I kind of think you want to win a debate and not get to the truth of any matter? Is that where you're coming from? I'm not a debater per se, I only want to learn the truth and teach that truth to others, if given the chance. However, if I cross paths with someone who is looking only for a "proper debate" I'm not interested. If you believe my posts, that's fine, if you don't, that's fine, as well.

I'm not looking to win. If I convince someone to see the way I do, I don't want them to tell me I was right.

I'm challenging what I understand to be truth by debate and trying my best to see from others perspective(what am I missing).

If debate is not your thing, that's cool with me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I appreciate your attitude but I based that decision off of what the bible says. When we compare Peters sermon in Acts 2 and Paul's in Acts 13. They're the same.

Addressing Israel
Peter: 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words;
Paul: 16 Then Paul stood up, and beckoning with his hand said, Men of Israel,

Christ descended from David
Peter: 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Christ died
Peter: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Paul: 28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain.

David saw decay
Peter: 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Paul: 36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Christ did not see decay
Peter: 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Paul: 37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Jesus resurrected
Peter: 32 This Jesus hath God raised up,
Paul: 30 But God raised him from the dead:

People witnessed the resurrection
Peter: 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Paul: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

Forgiveness of sins through Jesus
Peter: 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Paul: 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Jesus is Israel’s savior
Peter: 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

The problem is, we have to "Rightly Divide" the Word of God in order to see the "Whole picture." 2 Timothy 2:15 states; "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

turbosixx

The problem is, we have to "Rightly Divide" the Word of God in order to see the "Whole picture." 2 Timothy 2:15 states; "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Here's my problem with that, the Greek word used there is not the Greek word for divide as divide into parts. It means to cut a straight line as in skill and accuracy.

DAN P

Yes, but the passage Jerry and I are talking about is the jailer which is after.

Hi and why did not Paul use a formula , like in the name of Jesus ??

Please notice that the Greek word BAPTIZO / BAPTIZED does not have the Greek word for WATER / HUDOR , here at all ??

Could Paul water baptize , when 1 Cor 1:17 NOT sent to Baptize !!

In Acts 16:33 , why does it say , " and was baptized , he and all his INSTANTLY ??

BAPTIZO /BAPTIZE has 12 meanings and it means the jailer and his house were washed and saved !!

Just like Titus 3:5 says !!

dan p

marhig

Jehovah's Witnesses, like Catholics and many other unsaved people, have no business arguing against something they don't even understand.

1. All sins are done willfully. The fact that God will justly punish all unforgiven sins is proof this is so.

2. Eternal security in Christ true because those who are in Christ are not just forgiven all sins (Col 2:13)...

3. ...they have also been JUSTIFIED by God and now have the very righteousness of Christ which, like the complete forgiveness, cannot be lost because...

4. ...they have also been declared DEAD, in their co-death with Christ, to the condemnation of all Law, God's only means of condemnation, AND to the sin yet dwelling in their own flesh.

That's what one receives in Christ: complete forgiveness of all sins by His cross; complete justification in Him, and raising to new life as a new creation after being declared dead with Him. God covered ALL bases, making the saved believer once saved, always saved.

You, of course, will ignore all this because you hate the idea of anyone being 100% positive of salvation. So you will post something, probably out of Israel's law program, to try to negate it. But you can't.

Unsaved people? With respect, you can't judge who is and who isn't saved? Those who are being saved are those who are living by the will of God and overcoming their flesh through Christ by the power of the Spirit. And only God can judge who will be eternally saved and who won't. God looks at the heart not the denomination. Jesus didn't say follow a denomination, Jesus said follow me! And those who truly follow him and live by the will of God are those who will enter the kingdom of heaven, according to Jesus.

And we are justified through Christ, and once we truly repent, we are forgiven of our past sins, then we are to start to turn from sin, and then through faith by the grace of God and in his time, we are blessed with the Holy Spirit by his will. And the Spirit helps to cleanse our hearts, helping us to overcome, and we are made just before God by the life of Christ being made manifest in us by the power of the Spirit, bringing the righteousness of Christ into our hearts. And as we die to self and decrease, then Christ's life increases within our hearts and his life is then seen in and through us, thus we are made righteous in the sight of God through the righteousness of Christ within us. God doesn't want to see our flesh, he wants to see the life of his son growing in us and being lived out through us.

And we are to die to self will, this is the co-death we share with Christ, he was completely dead to the flesh, and not living by his will, but by the will of God, and we are put to death by the Spirit within. Then we are covered in Christ, and guided by God and the Spirit teaches us all things, the world will start to mean nothing to us as walk in the Spirit, and worship God in Spirit and in truth. This is the true death that glorifies God, because once we are dead to self, we glorify God in our lives, bringing the life of Christ to others and producing the fruits of the Spirit.

Below Jesus is taking about death to self.

John 21

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not. THIS SPAKE HE, SIGNIFYING BY WHAT DEATH HE SHOULD GLORIFY GOD. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

There are many places in the Bible that teach us that we can lose our salvation, if you want me to, I'll quote some verses for you?

glorydaz

You, of course, will ignore all this because you hate the idea of anyone being 100% positive of salvation. So you will post something, probably out of Israel's law program, to try to negate it. But you can't.

Unsaved people? With respect, you can't judge who is and who isn't saved? Those who are being saved are those who are living by the will of God and overcoming their flesh through Christ by the power of the Spirit. And only God can judge who will be eternally saved and who won't. God looks at the heart not the denomination. Jesus didn't say follow a denomination, Jesus said follow me! And those who truly follow him and live by the will of God are those who will enter the kingdom of heaven, according to Jesus.

Yep, you were right, Musty. Not a word about salvation by Grace through faith.

"Overcoming their flesh"....as opposed to "not of ourselves". Eph. 2:8-9

marhig

Yep, you were right, Musty. Not a word about salvation by Grace through faith.

"Overcoming their flesh"....as opposed to "not of ourselves". Eph. 2:8-9
We can't be saved without faith or God's grace, and I have said this many times on this forum. But that doesn't mean we don't do anything, we have works to do, and we are to stop living as we please and live by the will of God and turn from this world of sin and stop lusting after the flesh and stop putting ourselves first and God will help us to do this, he will help us overcome through Christ by the Spirit.

The trouble with many here is, they seem to think that once they say "I believe" then they don't have to do anything else, and that's it, they are guaranteed a place in heaven no matter what they do. That's a false teaching and isn't the truth.

We aren't baptised with the Spirit in our time, it's in God's time, and only then do we begin to be saved not when we say with our mouth "I believe", to truly believe is to repent, obey Christ Jesus and turn from sin. We are saved through Christ, through faith, by truly believing in the gospel and living by it, and obeying the word of God, and all is done by the grace of God.

I can't overcome my flesh or this world without God, satan is too strong for me, i can't even overcome the smallest things without God and Christ, I need God's grace to help me, and this is only possible through faith. Without faith we have nothing.

Without faith nothing is possible, with faith nothing is impossible.

With God all things are possible.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We can't be saved without faith or God's grace, and I have said this many times on this forum. But that doesn't mean we don't do anything, we have works to do, and we are to stop living as we please and live by the will of God and turn from this world of sin and stop lusting after the flesh and stop putting ourselves first and God will help us to do this, he will help us overcome through Christ by the Spirit.

The trouble with many here is, they seem to think that once they say "I believe" then they don't have to do anything else, and that's it, they are guaranteed a place in heaven no matter what they do. That's a false teaching and isn't the truth.

We aren't baptised with the Spirit in our time, it's in God's time, and only then do we begin to be saved not when we say with our mouth "I believe", to truly believe is to repent, obey Christ Jesus and turn from sin. We are saved through Christ, through faith, by truly believing in the gospel and living by it, and obeying the word of God, and all is done by the grace of God.

I can't overcome my flesh or this world without God, satan is too strong for me, i can't even overcome the smallest things without God and Christ, I need God's grace to help me, and this is only possible through faith. Without faith we have nothing.

Without faith nothing is possible, with faith nothing is impossible.

With God all things are possible.

Your "problem" comes into view once you give ANY credit to your salvation based on anything you do/did. Either Christ did it all or Christ plus YOU did it all? Which way is it for you? Once you grasp your own good works/deeds, water baptism, going to a particular church, etc, you've now entered a realm where YOU take part of the praise for your own entrance into eternal life. Christ deserves ALL of the praise for dying and resurrecting from the cross so YOU could enter Heaven as a true Child of God. You can do nothing to earn your eternal life. The only thing that's expected of you is, that you hear the Grace Gospel as preached by the Apostle Paul and place all of your faith in Christ as your Savior. That's the ONLY participation you have.

marhig

Your "problem" comes into view once you give ANY credit to your salvation based on anything you do/did. Either Christ did it all or Christ plus YOU did it all? Which way is it for you? Once you grasp your own good works/deeds, water baptism, going to a particular church, etc, you've now entered a realm where YOU take part of the praise for your own entrance into eternal life. Christ deserves ALL of the praise for dying and resurrecting from the cross so YOU could enter Heaven as a true Child of God. You can do nothing to earn your eternal life. The only thing that's expected of you is, that you hear the Grace Gospel as preached by the Apostle Paul and place all of your faith in Christ as your Savior. That's the ONLY participation you have.
Christ does deserve all the praise, without him we would be dead in our sins. But that doesn't mean we don't do anything, if we truly love God and live by his will, then we will do the works that glorify God and Christ.

marhig

Marhig preaches "Another gospel." He preaches a "Works based faith."
I don't preach, I speak, and I believe that if we are being saved then we will do the works of God and we will start to deny ourselves and not live by the lusts of our flesh through Christ by the power of the Spirit.

And the gospel that I follow is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Taught by him and his apostles and disciples.