The Most Dangerous Teaching

turbosixx

Faith alone could not save anyone from the grave UNLESS a perfect spotless sacrifice could be offered to free you from the grave.

1 Corinthians 15:16-18 KJV
(16) For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
(17) And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
(18) Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

If Christ (that one and only perfect sacrifice - the one and only sinless man) was not resurrected from the grave then no one is resurrected from the grave, and your faith dead in the water without it.

It was not any of your own righteousness that could free you from the grave because you did not have a spotless and sinless record.
So the works you are seeking for to free you are not the works of yourself (which are imperfect with blemishes), but the works of Christ only (which are perfect and without blemish).

How does one get the works of Christ applied to them?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rom 4:4-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. (4:5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. (4:6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, (4:7) [Saying], Blessed [are] they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. (4:8) Blessed [is] the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
:thumb:

Let me further highlight a portion of the verse that should stick out like a sore thumb.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How does one get the works of Christ applied to them?
A reliance on His promise that HIS works, and not yours, are what saves.
Faith in the righteousness of the perfect one (Christ), not faith in the righteousness of the imperfect one (you).

turbosixx

A reliance on His promise that HIS works, and not yours, are what saves.
Faith in the righteousness of the perfect one (Christ), not faith in the righteousness of the imperfect one (you).

Reliance and faith, what does that look like? Is it coming to a mental understanding? Is it a prayer?

turbosixx

If you did, then you'd know that no kind of works can be added to it to receive the free gift of eternal life.

This is the Greek word used for grace

charis: grace, kindness
Original Word: χάρις, ιτος, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: charis
Phonetic Spelling: (khar'-ece)
Short Definition: grace, favor, kindness
Definition: (a) grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ, (b) favor, (c) gratitude, thanks, (d) a favor, kindness

How does one receive the gift, favor, thanks and/or kindness?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reliance and faith, what does that look like? Is it coming to a mental understanding? Is it a prayer?
One does not have to earn grace.
Earning something means there is a debt OWED to you ----- tit for tat.
Grace is unearned, unmerited.

When Christ asks that we trust in Him, He is not asking you to do the work, He is asking you to trust in the work HE DOES.

Right Divider

Body part
This is the Greek word used for grace

charis: grace, kindness
Original Word: χάρις, ιτος, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: charis
Phonetic Spelling: (khar'-ece)
Short Definition: grace, favor, kindness
Definition: (a) grace, as a gift or blessing brought to man by Jesus Christ, (b) favor, (c) gratitude, thanks, (d) a favor, kindness

By accepting it... like any gift.

Rom 5:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:15) But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't confuse receiving something with earning something.
You can receive things you did not earn.
Grace is unearned, unmerited favor.
It's free.

turbosixx

One does not have to earn grace.
Earning something means there is a debt OWED to you ----- tit for tat.
Grace is unearned, unmerited.

When Christ asks that we trust in Him, He is not asking you to do the work, He is asking you to trust in the work HE DOES.

I agree we can not earn.

If Christ does the work and we can do nothing then everyone is saved. Is that correct?

turbosixx

By accepting it... like any gift.

Rom 5:15 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:15) But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

My question is how do we accept it?

turbosixx

2Cor 5:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:7) (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

I understand walk is something we do and we do it by faith. I see that as when we get baptized in Jesus' name, that is our first step of walking by faith.

What do you see as the first step of faith? What I'm trying to understand is what does it take to go from being lost to being added to the body.

Right Divider

Body part
I understand walk is something we do and we do it by faith. I see that as when we get baptized in Jesus' name, that is our first step of walking by faith.

What do you see as the first step of faith? What I'm trying to understand is what does it take to go from being lost to being added to the body.
You just will not give up on some outward work as a sign of faith. Such is the carnal man.

Eph 2:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

turbosixx

You just will not give up on some outward work as a sign of faith. Such is the carnal man.

Eph 2:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Sorry but it adds up for me.
Jesus said baptize in his name, Matt. 28:19, and Paul did just that on his 3rd journey, Acts 19:5.

Right Divider

Body part
Sorry but it adds up for me.
Jesus said baptize in his name, Matt. 28:19, and Paul did just that on his 3rd journey, Acts 19:5.
Jesus was still talking to the 12 (minus one) apostles for the 12 TRIBES of ISRAEL in Matt 28.

The disciples in Acts 19 were Israelites that had been baptized by John the baptizer.

That's all ISRAEL.... no body of Christ going on there.

Jerry Shugart

Jesus said baptize in his name...

He also made it plain that those who believe have eternal life right then and there and will not be judged:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
(Jn.5:24).​

According to you those who believe will indeed be judged if they don't submit to the rite of water baptism after they believe.