The Most Dangerous Teaching

turbosixx

Jesus was still talking to the 12 (minus one) apostles for the 12 TRIBES of ISRAEL in Matt 28.

The disciples in Acts 19 were Israelites that had been baptized by John the baptizer.

That's all ISRAEL.... no body of Christ going on there.
These are the last people that we see Paul convert. If he had a different gospel, why would he baptize them?

turbosixx

He also made it plain that those who believe have eternal life right then and there and will not be judged:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
(Jn.5:24).​

According to you those who believe will indeed be judged if they don't submit to the rite of water baptism after they believe.

This is before the cross and they were not instructed to be baptized in his name until after.

Right Divider

Body part
These are the last people that we see Paul convert. If he had a different gospel, why would he baptize them?
Those people were not "converts".... they were already believers. They were baptized by John the baptizer.

I don't think that they were rebaptized. I believe that Paul story is still referring to John the B when he says that "the people" were baptized.

turbosixx

Those people were not "converts".... they were already believers. They were baptized by John the baptizer.

I don't think that they were rebaptized. I believe that Paul story is still referring to John the B when he says that "the people" were baptized.

If they were already believers, (1) then why didn't they already have the Spirit if the spirit is the one that does the baptizing? (2) Why did they need to be baptized in the name of Jesus like this.
Acts 10:47 “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
If they were already believers, (1) then why didn't they already have the Spirit if the spirit is the one that does the baptizing? (2) Why did they need to be baptized in the name of Jesus like this.
Acts 10:47 “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
So you think that John the B was baptizing unbelievers?

Once AGAIN, Peter was NOT preaching the gospel of the grace of God in Acts 10

Acts 10:35 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:35) But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

VS

Titus 3:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Jerry Shugart

This is before the cross and they were not instructed to be baptized in his name until after.

Of course you will absolutely refuse to believe what Paul said here:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas no one is saved by believing the gospel because according to you a person must first believe and then submit to the rite of water baptism before he is saved.

turbosixx

I would suggest to you John did not baptize these men. If you read the end of Acts 18, you can see what they were taught.

Also, as far as I know, John the B never preached Jesus but prepared the way for him.

Peter preached the same thing Paul did.

turbosixx

Of course you will absolutely refuse to believe what Paul said here:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas no one is saved by believing the gospel because according to you a person must first believe and then submit to the rite of water baptism before he is saved.

I believe Paul. The difference between you and I is I believe Paul and Jesus. You only believe Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would suggest to you John did not baptize these men. If you read the end of Acts 18, you can see what they were taught.

Also, as far as I know, John the B never preached Jesus but prepared the way for him.

Peter preached the same thing Paul did.

Nope. It looks like you're wrong again. Keep this up and the "Guinness people" will be knocking on your door.

turbosixx

That's odd, because, Paul received his "Gospel" from the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. How do you explain that?

I agree with it statement.

My point is Jesus said those who believe and are baptized shall be saved.

Jerry only focuses on Paul's statement to the jailer that he is to believe but ignores the fact that he was baptized as Jesus instructed.

Jerry Shugart

Jerry only focuses on Paul's statement to the jailer that he is to believe but ignores the fact that he was baptized as Jesus instructed.

If it took faith plus water baptism to be saved then when Paul was asked what one must do to be saved he would have answered, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and be baptized and you will be saved."

But that is not what he said. Instead, he only mentioned fsaith.

We also know that as soon as Cornelius believed he was speaking in tongues and that happened before he was baptized with water. We know that he was saved prior to being baptized with water because the Holy Spirit fell on him before being baptized.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I agree with it statement.

My point is Jesus said those who believe and are baptized shall be saved.

Jesus, in His "earthly ministry", was preaching to the "Lost sheep of the House of Israel", only. Matthew 15:24 backs that up. That cannot be disputed.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Everything the 12 Apostles learned was through the "earthly ministry" of Christ. Paul said in Galatians 1:12 "For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ."
Paul didn't receive the same knowledge that the 12 learned while Christ walked the earth. Paul received "his Gospel" after Christ had been resurrected.

DAN P

Acts 10:35 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:35) But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

VS

Titus 3:5 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Hi and in Acts 10:48 , he was baptized in the , NAME OF THE LORD !!

Your quote of Acts 10:47 , who received the Holy Spirit JUST AS WE ALSO , all POINTS BACK to PENTECOST , don't you see and NOT to the B O C !!

In Acts 19:5 , they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus !!

In Acts 2:38 , Peter baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ !!

In Acyts 22:16 , calling upon the name of the Lord !!

In Mark 16:16 , IT has NO FORMULA whatsoever ??

Why so many ??

This post is for tuborsixx !!

dan p

Last edited: