The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-trump-property/
Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings

A Reuters review found that at least 63 individuals with Russian passports or addresses have bought at least $98.4 million worth of property in seven Trump-branded luxury towers in southern Florida.

MIAMI/MOSCOW – During the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald J. Trump downplayed his business ties with Russia. And since taking office as president, he has been even more emphatic.

“I can tell you, speaking for myself, I own nothing in Russia,” President Trump said at a news conference last month. “I have no loans in Russia. I don’t have any deals in Russia.”

But in the United States, members of the Russian elite have invested in Trump buildings. A Reuters review has found that at least 63 individuals with Russian passports or addresses have bought at least $98.4 million worth of property in seven Trump-branded luxury towers in southern Florida, according to public documents, interviews and corporate records.

The buyers include politically connected businessmen, such as a former executive in a Moscow-based state-run construction firm that works on military and intelligence facilities, the founder of a St. Petersburg investment bank and the co-founder of a conglomerate with interests in banking, property and electronics.

People from the second and third tiers of Russian power have invested in the Trump buildings as well. One recently posted a photo of himself with the leader of a Russian motorcycle gang that was sanctioned by the United States for its alleged role in Moscow’s seizure of Crimea.

The Reuters review of investors from Russia in Trump’s Florida condominium buildings found no suggestion of wrongdoing by President Trump or his real estate organization. And none of the buyers appear to be from Putin’s inner circle.

The White House referred questions from Reuters to the Trump Organization, whose chief legal officer said the scrutiny of President Trump’s business ties with Russia was misplaced.

exminister

This is an interesting analysis:

Why Trump won’t quit. He can’t.
Chuck Stanley

Trump’s problem is that he cannot step down or resign. Impeachment or the 25th Amendment might even have drastic consequences for him far beyond removal from office. To borrow a line from an old Tennessee Ernie Ford song, Trump “owes his soul to the Company store.”

Hadn't heard this part
Recall that we recently learned Gen. Michael Flynn was fired from his job as National Security Adviser when the news was leaked that he had been paid a half million dollars by Turkey. According to Bill Palmer of the Palmer Report, Flynn now finds himself in the position of Turkey demanding he return their money, since they did not get the services they paid for. The ball goes around and around, where it lands, nobody knows.

If true that is an interesting twist. I heard he was paid 6 figures for attending the event where he was pictured with Putin. The love of money.

exminister

Britain: White House says it won’t repeat claims that a British agency wiretapped Trump

At a news briefing Friday, a spokesman for British Prime Minister Theresa May said: “We have received assurances from the White House that these allegations would not be repeated.” The spokesman would not confirm reports in the British media that the White House had apologized to Britain

The Daily Telegraph, a right-leaning British newspaper, said Friday that intelligence sources told the paper that Spicer and Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, Trump’s national security adviser, have apologized for the claims

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-1045a:homepage/story&utm_term=.9ccbf3c496b5

Since Trump didn't apologize but had to have it done for him will his staff take away his tweeter?

exminister

http://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-trump-property/

A Reuters review found that at least 63 individuals with Russian passports or addresses have bought at least $98.4 million worth of property in seven Trump-branded luxury towers in southern Florida.

MIAMI/MOSCOW – During the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald J. Trump downplayed his business ties with Russia. And since taking office as president, he has been even more emphatic.

“I can tell you, speaking for myself, I own nothing in Russia,” President Trump said at a news conference last month. “I have no loans in Russia. I don’t have any deals in Russia.”

But in the United States, members of the Russian elite have invested in Trump buildings. A Reuters review has found that at least 63 individuals with Russian passports or addresses have bought at least $98.4 million worth of property in seven Trump-branded luxury towers in southern Florida, according to public documents, interviews and corporate records.

The buyers include politically connected businessmen, such as a former executive in a Moscow-based state-run construction firm that works on military and intelligence facilities, the founder of a St. Petersburg investment bank and the co-founder of a conglomerate with interests in banking, property and electronics.

People from the second and third tiers of Russian power have invested in the Trump buildings as well. One recently posted a photo of himself with the leader of a Russian motorcycle gang that was sanctioned by the United States for its alleged role in Moscow’s seizure of Crimea.

The Reuters review of investors from Russia in Trump’s Florida condominium buildings found no suggestion of wrongdoing by President Trump or his real estate organization. And none of the buyers appear to be from Putin’s inner circle.

The White House referred questions from Reuters to the Trump Organization, whose chief legal officer said the scrutiny of President Trump’s business ties with Russia was misplaced.

Well, that's nice so Trump can pay back his loans to Russian oligarchs. He does know the art of the deal.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, that's nice so Trump can pay back his loans to Russian oligarchs. He does know the art of the deal.
Just read that on Yahoo. Looks more and more like the fires Trump is starting have a purpose. We need an investigation all right, but one aimed in the direction of a sitting president instead of his predecessor.

exminister

For a belated Saint Patrick’s Day a quote from a great Irish Poet which somehow seems pertinent to today.

William Butler Yeats said:
Once you attempt legislation upon religious grounds, you open the way for every kind of intolerance and religious persecution.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
well, what else were they gonna say?

"bammy asked us to help hillary win and we failed"? :freak:

Perhaps "ok doser" has access to "alternate facts" not available to the rest of us!

I'm beginning to think that "ok doser," himself, is an "alternate fact!"

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Perhaps "ok doser" has access to "alternate facts" not available to the rest of us!

I'm beginning to think that "ok doser," himself, is an "alternate fact!"

nah - resodko was an alternate fact

i'm the real deal! :banana:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Notice how both Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump answers parse their words to avoid the larger issue - do you have direct contacts with Russians!

Notice how Trump slips "in Russia" into each of his responses, avoiding the answering the larger concern as to whether he has joint-ownerships, loans and deals with Russians - outside of Russia!

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Notice how both Jeff Sessions and Donald Trump answers parse their words to avoid the larger issue - do you have direct contacts with Russians!

Notice how Trump slips "in Russia" into each of his responses, avoiding the answering the larger concern as to whether he has joint-ownerships, loans and deals with Russians - outside of Russia!
So what? :idunno:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
So what? :idunno:
As President, every decision Trump makes places him in a potential conflict of interest because he has not released his tax returns nor placed his assets in a blind trust!

17 different agencies of the American intelligence community agree that the Russian hacked the DNC website and released emails intended to favour the Trump Campaign.

Trump declared that "I love "Wikileaks" during the Campaign, and then proceeded to exploit every email that was leaked - but as President he cried foul over leaks within his Administration and when 2 pages of his 2005 tax return was made public!

If the Russians decide to hack the RNC in 2018 and/or 2020, you can be assured that our conservative "friends" will be first in line to cry foul and question the legitimacy of the election if potentially damaging emails are leaked!

Danoh

As President, every decision Trump makes places him in a potential conflict of interest because he has not released his tax returns nor placed his assets in a blind trust!

17 different agencies of the American intelligence community agree that the Russian hacked the DNC website and released emails intended to favour the Trump Campaign.

Trump declared that "I love "Wikileaks" during the Campaign, and then proceeded to exploit every email that was leaked - but as President he cried foul over leaks within his Administration and when 2 pages of his 2005 tax return was made public!

If the Russians decide to hack the RNC in 2018 and/or 2020, you can be assured that our conservative "friends" will be first in line to cry foul and question the legitimacy of the election if potentially damaging emails are leaked!

Jg, when it comes to such; it's time you quit thinking you are reasoning with reasonable men.

exminister