The long nightmare has just begun: Inauguration of a fraud.

Danoh

The astonishing dysfunction of Trump's State Department, in one quote

Mexico’s foreign minister, Luis Videgaray, was in Washington. The Los Angeles Times’s Tracy Wilkinson asked State spokesperson Mark Toner what the plans were for his visit. Toner, a highly regarded career foreign service officer, apparently had no idea that a key foreign dignitary was even in the city:

C6hCH5HU4AAHyB9.png

Wilkinson did some follow-up reporting, and found out that Videgaray had called Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to tell him he was visiting. However, the visit had been planned entirely through the White House, and Videgary did not schedule any meetings with Tillerson personally. This, as Wilkinson notes, is highly unusual.

“It is customary for foreign secretaries from all nations to be received by their US counterpart when in Washington,” she writes. “But Videgaray said the thrust of his mission meant he needed to speak directly to the White House.”

I predicted early on that Trump's Mexico bashing would turn out to be nothing more than a ruse on his part, as a means of leverage in his attempts to gain acceptance back into Mexico, to get his business deals there, going once more (he had basically been kicked out of Mexico for his shady business practices).

Well, what you are actually looking at in your above post; is the result of Trump's having pulled off said leverage.

The man is a sleaze bag. The Wall will be stuck in court for years.

The same old sleaze tricks he has often pulled through the courts in many of his corrupt business deals.

Who taught him that one. His father on one end; his other infamous mentor: Roy Cohn, on the other.

Same similar reason behind why he and his daughter met with fellow sleaze bag: the Prime Minister of Japan.

Same thing as to his fake tirade against China.

The man is going down...fast.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You know, there's just so much out there that it's hard to keep up with it all. I was reading the craziest thing this morning, about Trump buying property for a mausoleum connected with one of his golf resorts, and the strangeness of the whole thing was just too much. There's just so much going on, I wonder whether it's the chaos resulting from complete and total ineptness - or a very organized Trump version of Cloward-Piven.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You know, there's just so much out there that it's hard to keep up with it all. I was reading the craziest thing this morning, about Trump buying property for a mausoleum connected with one of his golf resorts, and the strangeness of the whole thing was just too much. There's just so much going on, I wonder whether it's the chaos resulting from complete and total ineptness - or a very organized Trump version of Cloward-Piven.
Trump has no connections to his businesses now.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The mystery of Donald Trump and the New Jersey cemetery
The plan was big: 19 feet high. Stone. Obelisks. Set smack in the middle of the golf course. In Bedminster — a wealthy horse-country town 43 miles west of New York City — officials had some concerns about hosting a reality TV star’s tomb. The huge structure would seem garish, out of place. And there were ongoing worries that the spot might become an “attractive nuisance,” tempting curiosity-seekers to trespass on club grounds.

Trump offered a concession.

The tomb would be versatile.

It could also be a festive wedding . . . tomb.

“We’re planning a mausoleum/chapel,” Trump said, according to a news report from the time.

That didn’t do it.

“Give me a break. Give me a break,” Holtaway, the town official, remembered thinking. “Why would anyone ever get married in a building with no windows?”

More at the link. It's an oddly interesting article.

Danoh

One trait has continually marked Trump's many downfalls and restarts over the years.

He is basically a socio-path: he believes he is above any law and can therefore do as he pleases; it is just a matter of the fact, in his deluded mind, that every one has a price.

In his world, most...do.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I'm not just talking about his business connections, those too - but I'm talking about all of it - the way he's setting up and running the administration, the people he's chosen, the lies they tell, the ethics rules they violate, the international relations they're damaging... I don't have the kind of time I'd like to follow it all more closely. For every article I post I could have posted ten more. I just don't have the time. Time will tell how we come out of all this.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
One trait has continually marked Trump's many downfalls and restarts over the years.

He is basically a socio-path: he believes he is above any law and can therefore do as he pleases; it is just a matter of the fact, in his deluded mind, that every one has a price.

In his world, most...do.

Agreed.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Name someone in Washington who has not had some contact with the Russians or known someone who did? What does it prove?
The Russians don't make a habit of wasting their time cultivating contacts with those who aren't in a position to advance their political agenda!

It has been proven that almost every individual holding a senior position within the Trump Campaign has had a connection with the Russians in one form or another - a fact that "The Donald" has repeatedly denied!

Given that 17 American intelligence agencies have already asserted that the Russians attempted to influence the 2016 Presidential Election in favour of "TheDonald," the nature of these connections needs to be explored.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Does that mean that "The Donald" will forgo all contact with his sons, who are managing his business interests, over the next 4 years or that those trying to influence the White House, won't "grease the wheels" by doing business with the Trumps?

Given that Trump hasn't even released his tax returns, we have no idea as to the extent of his business interests or to whom he owes money!

"The Donald" has demonstrated a reoccurring habit of making grandiose promises during the spur of the moment and then not delivering!

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
and he's gonna make america great again! :banana:

unless he gets impeached :noid:

but if he does, then President Pence is gonna make america even greater! :banana::banana:

again

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i was looking for "this is sparta" gifs and ran across chris crocker

thought you'd like the share :)

by the by, you should watch this if you haven't:

Danoh

i was looking for "this is sparta" gifs and ran across chris crocker

thought you'd like the share :)

by the by, you should watch this if you haven't:

Question is...will you actually adopt his largely sound bias on bias...itself...as your own?

As I noted on another post elsewhere, I find very few on here willing to concede another's point where said other's point is actually a valid one; once they have concluded an individual who does not hold their views, is "an enemy."

Even as such point their collective finger at - "Islam!"

It is no surprise such support...Donald Trump: the very poster boy for such arrogance and bigotry.

Even an individual like ACW will often concede another's point; where valid.

And he is supposedly one of the ultimate extremists on here.

Whoops; there comes that little club on here with their ganging up on, and their high-fiving of one another against; anyone who does not hold their extreme :chuckle:

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Remember when Trump promised to forego salary as president?

He said it on 60 Minutes. Sarah Sanders (WH spokesman) said last month that Trump would donate the monthly salary to charity. And he was going to deal with the pesky image problem of profits from foreign governments in his hotels to the Treasury.

Now he's refusing to provide proof that he's forgone a single paycheck, no charity is noting the influx and there's nothing in place to deal with foreign governments bit. You don't think he was just telling everyone what would make him look best in the moment, do you? Like a guy who calls in to a telethon to make a big "donation", gets the pub and back pats then never sends it in?

Well, he got the press. :plain: