The Great Debate

The Great Debate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
so one issue alone can make a conservative platform?

geez...

Taking on the illegal alien invasion doesn't seem to be something your other conservatives (RINO's) want to touch.

Here's where Donald Trump stands on the issues.
http://www.ontheissues.org/donald_trump.htm

Getting a social conservative running mate like Ted Cruz would be the real deal.

I'm so disappointed in you

Since when did I care if you or anyone else approves of what I think?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Carly Fiorina won the debate. She won overall by being serious from start to finish. She didn't take bait from opponents or moderator and her, "This is about the character of our nation," was the night's strongest moment. She gave people an insight into her life relating the loss of a child to drugs and handled the wild card, Trump, without breaking a sweat. She was personable without pandering and came across as prepared and thoughtful, presidential throughout.

If she's not the candidate she needs to be on the ticket of whoever manages it.

drbrumley

Carly Fiorina won the debate. She won overall by being serious from start to finish. She didn't take bait from opponents or moderator and her, "This is about the character of our nation," was the night's strongest moment. She gave people an insight into her life relating the loss of a child to drugs and handled the wild card, Trump, without breaking a sweat. She was personable without pandering and came across as prepared and thoughtful, presidential throughout.

If she's not the candidate she needs to be on the ticket of whoever manages it.

Not a chance...Well on second thought, she did sound like a bloodthirsty authoritarian militarist psycho. So yeah, she has a chance.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
A few thoughts...

Like the first debate, I thought Rubio came off well.

I thought Rand had a comeback and had a good showing as well.

Carly was good. Her comment about the women in America hearing Trump was a great moment. Trump's response was just weird and awkward.

Carson had another poor showing. He might have some good thoughts but he's terrible at getting them out.

I really like Kasich in the first debate but I thought he had a slight drop off last night.

Christie had a couple good moments I thought.

The rest were somewhere in the middle.

I agree that 11 is too many. Hopefully the next one is pared down a bit.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Carly was good. Her comment about the women in America hearing Trump was a great moment. Trump's response was just weird and awkward.

Like I said in my post that responded to Town Heretic giving accolades to Fiorina:

Conservatives need to be suspicious when the left has nice things to say about her.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A few thoughts...

Like the first debate, I thought Rubio came off well.
He knows the notes to play. Not sure what his future holds, but something as a step up if not as a part of the ticket.

She had more moments than anyone else.

Christie had a couple good moments I thought.
The construction worker line was a good one.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He knows the notes to play. Not sure what his future holds, but something as a step up if not as a part of the ticket.

She had more moments than anyone else.

The construction worker line was a good one.

Agreed on all points.

And I just thought of something else. I heard Paul Ryan's name on the radio today. What ever happened to him? :idunno:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Who said what about her?

I'm still trying to figure out the angle. Do you libs think that she can't beat Queen Hilary?

What is it that makes you libs be so nice towards Fiorina, yet froth at the mouth over real conservatives like Ted Cruz?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm still trying to figure out the angle. Do you libs think that she can't beat Queen Hilary?

What is it that makes you libs be so nice towards Fiorina, yet froth at the mouth over real conservatives like Ted Cruz?

Oh, I'm the liberal who said something nice about her. Got it. :chuckle:

I didn't think I was 'so nice' toward her. I simply thought she had some good moments. I'm not frothing at the mouth about Cruz either. I didn't say anything about him at all. :idunno: He had a fine debate, in my opinion. Didn't hurt his chances but didn't do himself any great favors either. I did think he had a good exchange on Iran, assuming a fact-check wouldn't blow it apart.

rexlunae

Would you feel better if I said something not nice about her? She believes that "clean coal" is the solution to climate change. She might as well suggest that the solution is unicorn farts.

But at least she acknowledges the problem. That's a fair bit better than some of her rivals.