The Great Debate

The Great Debate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rexlunae

She did get a classy jab in on the "Donald" at that... score 1 for Fiorina.

Trump highlighted her failure at HP (actually let her off the hook easy), a failure that already lost her one senate election against Barbara Boxer in California last year. Score 1 for Trump as well...

I called it a push between them...

I really think the business experience angle is a push between them. Trump's business ventures have under-performed compared to fairly modest investments that you could make. As for Fiorina, I remember her time at HP, which was contentious and objectively not very successful, and I'd largely forgotten about her after she got bounced out, and then when I heard she was running for president I was pretty surprised.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I really think the business experience angle is a push between them. Trump's business ventures have under-performed compared to fairly modest investments that you could make. As for Fiorina, I remember her time at HP, which was contentious and objectively not very successful, and I'd largely forgotten about her after she got bounced out, and then when I heard she was running for president I was pretty surprised.

If you live in California the ads run by the Boxer campaign were ripping about Fiorina's time at HP so, I did a bit of research and realized that she really made a series of bad decisions while at HP. The one thing that stood out to me was that she laid off 30,000, off shored those jobs to China & India, and went out right afterword and purchased 5 corporate jets & personally bought a million dollar yacht. Those things really soured the electorate towards her, nobody likes seeing jobs off shored especially in California. I also found her whine about Trump taking a swipe at her looks hypocritical given she employed the same tactic against Boxer commenting that "her hair is so yesterday".

http://www.inquisitr.com/2408678/ca...d-fellow-politicians-hair-so-yesterday-video/

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I did a bit of research and realized that she really made a series of bad decisions while at HP. The one thing that stood out to me was that she laid off 30,000, off shored those jobs to China & India, and went out right afterword and purchased 5 corporate jets & personally bought a million dollar yacht.

Fiorina believes in the climate change hoax and has no qualms about outsourcing American jobs (while she reaps the benefits of doing so).

Who calls Carly Fiorina a conservative?

Thanks for the info rocketman.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Fiorina believes in the climate change hoax and has no qualms about outsourcing American jobs (while she reaps the benefits of doing so).

she was ripping on Trump for being "forced" to declare bankruptcy 3 times and being a failed and flawed business man -

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

she was ripping on Trump for being "forced" to declare bankruptcy 3 times and being a failed and flawed business man -

I see a few "flaws" in outsourcing 30,000 American jobs, which Carly Fiorina did.

Since you're a leftist in sheep's clothing, tell us why the left hates Donald Trump like they do.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

I think private industry has the right to maximize their profits. Privatizing will allow our economy to grow. The big corporations can make better products and engineer a more efficient labor force.

It's called free-market capitalism.

We have no idea how CEOs are under economic pressure. They have to make good decisions constantly to stay profitable.

rexlunae

If you live in California the ads run by the Boxer campaign were ripping about Fiorina's time at HP so, I did a bit of research and realized that she really made a series of bad decisions while at HP. The one thing that stood out to me was that she laid off 30,000, off shored those jobs to China & India, and went out right afterword and purchased 5 corporate jets & personally bought a million dollar yacht. Those things really soured the electorate towards her, nobody likes seeing jobs off shored especially in California. I also found her whine about Trump taking a swipe at her looks hypocritical given she employed the same tactic against Boxer commenting that "her hair is so yesterday".

http://www.inquisitr.com/2408678/ca...d-fellow-politicians-hair-so-yesterday-video/

I only moved to California three years ago, so I didn't realize that she'd run against Boxer until a this election cycle. But, because of my interest in technology, I remember particularly the Compaq acquisition that HP did. At the time, Compaq was the maker of some of the worst PCs available, and HP made some marginally better PCs, although not great, and it never made sense to me that a company that already made ok PCs would want to own one that made lousy ones but still not dominate the market. It may be that the acquisition was more about enterprise customers. But Compaq had acquired DEC, which made a pretty decent processor called the Alpha which was well-liked by some enterprises and also was the only platform other than x86 that could run Windows NT. But HP decided to kill off the DEC Alpha in favor of getting on board with Intel's new Itanium... which mostly flopped. I always thought that was a pretty strange move, given that HP controlled the Alpha exclusively, whereas they would just be a customer for Intel. I just couldn't find the logic in it.

And I remember the layoff. That was a pretty big deal too.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I only moved to California three years ago, so I didn't realize that she'd run against Boxer until a this election cycle. But, because of my interest in technology, I remember particularly the Compaq acquisition that HP did. At the time, Compaq was the maker of some of the worst PCs available, and HP made some marginally better PCs, although not great, and it never made sense to me that a company that already made ok PCs would want to own one that made lousy ones but still not dominate the market. It may be that the acquisition was more about enterprise customers. But Compaq had acquired DEC, which made a pretty decent processor called the Alpha which was well-liked by some enterprises and also was the only platform other than x86 that could run Windows NT. But HP decided to kill off the DEC Alpha in favor of getting on board with Intel's new Itanium... which mostly flopped. I always thought that was a pretty strange move, given that HP controlled the Alpha exclusively, whereas they would just be a customer for Intel. I just couldn't find the logic in it.

And I remember the layoff. That was a pretty big deal too.

I have a cousin that is a VP at a big silicon valley tech company, she has served as VP at multiple Fortune 500 companies in the past as well and is in the executive know about most of the big players and she recently told me "I was never impressed" when I quizzed her on Fiorina but, that is personal here say... what we know publicly is that she has made some very poor decisions, and like all politicians she knows how to say all the right things for sure but, the past actions I find very disturbing. There was an article in Forbes that came out yesterday which states "Trump's Right" in the title, regarding Fiorina's poor business record as well as the fact she has never been asked to run a company since should give everyone pause.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laureng...orina-hewlett-packard-disaster-election-2016/

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Fiorina's popularity and notoriety went up !

and she earned respect -

Being a wealth of useless facts and having a record of poor decisions in the past may equal a win for you but, as for me I simply don't share your attraction Patrick. It is not as if Carly went on after HP to do great things...get back on the horse as it were, every successful business person will see failure but, Carly has never run anything since! and as it stands now she is a failed business person & a failed politician...not a great track record.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Being a wealth of useless facts and having a record of poor decisions in the past may equal a win for you but, as for me I simply don't share your attraction Patrick. It is not as if Carly went on after HP to do great things...get back on the horse as it were, every successful business person will see failure but, Carly has never run anything since! and as it stands now she is a failed business person & a failed politician...not a great track record.

She's counting on enough people being hungry to elect a woman now that they have elected a black man. She wants to be the Republican's answer to Hillary. It seems to me like she is forcing herself to speak slowly and carefully and appear so in control of her emotions. I don't think I trust the act.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
She's counting on enough people being hungry to elect a woman now that they have elected a black man. She wants to be the Republican's answer to Hillary. It seems to me like she is forcing herself to speak slowly and carefully and appear so in control of her emotions. I don't think I trust the act.

that would be interesting - 2 women running head to head for president :patrol:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You have a persona of Satan? I wasn't sure who this Count Iblis was so I googled it and this is what I came up with...

Iblis: Iblis (Arabic إبليس ) or Enais is in Arabic and according to the Islamic faith is the actual name for the Satan who is also in the Christian and Judaic faiths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Iblis

:shocked: Didn't know it meant that. :noid:

The background of that comment is that there is/was a TOL poster named Count Iblis and serpdentdove got it in her head that I was CI also. It's probably still in her signature.

drbrumley

:cheers:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

i really have no interest in Carly as a candidate for president or vice president and i know zero about her except HP, and i know nothing about that. she is an unknown, but my political knowledge is minimal. i pay attention once the main election is set, and i'm not involved in the party.

i am republican and Trump or Fiorina aren't on my list. i make light of the politics of the day because my opinions have no bearing on anything, so i make fun tell jokes, and sometimes i'm serious. her's a funny thought, i think Rand Paul has a wimpy voice, if his voice was deeper he would poll better, LOL - :chuckle:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

She is well polished as were many on that stage but, in the end results are what impress' me and the only results that I have been able to find about Carly are a story of failure & no reinvention afterward. Talk is cheap as it were.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
what we know publicly is that she has made some very poor decisions, and like all politicians she knows how to say all the right things for sure but, the past actions I find very disturbing. There was an article in Forbes that came out yesterday which states "Trump's Right" in the title, regarding Fiorina's poor business record as well as the fact she has never been asked to run a company since should give everyone pause.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laureng...orina-hewlett-packard-disaster-election-2016/

what about Trump's multiple bankruptcies and bad business dealings ?
heck, he thinks Gary Busey is a genius !!!!!!!!!! - he would likely hire Gary to his staff of advisers - :chuckle:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
what about Trump's multiple bankruptcies and bad business dealings ?

Ever heard of Henry Ford, Milton Hershey, Walt Disney, Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, H J Heinz? that is just a few of the very successful businessmen & politicians that have filed bankruptcy and went on to great things. Carly Fiorina is not an entrepreneur, just a hired executive and a failed one at that, it is not as if she has done something that can be spun into a win since her HP disaster, she owns no business, she has just run one of the biggest ones into the ground before being promptly fired and has never been tapped to run anything since, and you think that record is qualification to run the worlds biggest business, the United States economy? Hardly

heck, he thinks Gary Busey is a genius !!!!!!!!!! - he would likely hire Gary to his staff of advisers - :chuckle:

Mischaracterize much? I can tell you are enamored with the failed business lady Pat but, being disingenuous about what Trump said of Busey goes more to your deception on the issue...I thought you were more honest than that. Either get the story straight or don't comment on it, this is what the Donald actually said of Busey...

“He’s either a genius or a moron and I can’t figure it out,” Donald Trump said of Gary Busey at the top of last night’s “Celebrity Apprentice.” Trump apparently figured it out and fired Busey.

http://929thelake.com/gary-busey-genius-or-moron/?trackback=tsmclip