ECT The Grace of God. Is it merited or unmerited?

God's Truth

Man cannot/willnot believe in God.

Belief is the work of God.

Jesus: Believe in me.

Nang: I cannot believe in you, save me first.

Jesus: Obey me.

Nang: I cannot believe and obey you until you save me first.

What is pathetic is Nang does not see anything wrong in that scenario.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Ignorant people have no clue as to what they don't know.

The Word of God reveals to ignorant people all they need to know.

JonahofAkron

Obedience to commands say this "ok God I have done such and such so now [dear Lord] You are obliged to do thus and so in response"

Faith takes God at His naked word and trusts Him no matter what.
That is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You do nothing for people you love without expecting something in return? Something must be wrong with you. I have no trouble dissociation myself from the idea that I'm owed anything. I am owed nothing. I hope you don't treat your spouse, significant other, whatever, or family like that. Not cool.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. You do nothing for people you love without expecting something in return? Something must be wrong with you. I have no trouble dissociation myself from the idea that I'm owed anything. I am owed nothing. I hope you don't treat your spouse, significant other, whatever, or family like that. Not cool.

Totton was (sarcastically) repeating the argument for works that God's Truth tries to push on the faithful all the time.

God's Truth deserves your rebuke . . .

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

The fleshly mind does not understand or even like God's word...the flesh is at enmity with God

All God desires from us is thanksgiving

God's Truth

Enter what?

A Jewish Temple, or a Hebrew cult?

You will never ENTER the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, unless you humble yourself.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You will never ENTER the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, unless you humble yourself.

Matthew 18:3 And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Guess what . . not a single sinner can change himself. Only God can change the sinner through the power of His Holy Spirit. Only God can raise spiritually dead souls to new life. Only God can produce belief, repentance, and obedience in Christ Jesus.

He is the (only) Way, Truth, and Life that enables His children to share in the inheritance of the Heavenly Kingdom.

God's Truth

Guess what . . not a single sinner can change himself.

Anyone can do what Jesus says.

Only God can change the sinner through the power of His Holy Spirit.

You will not receive the Holy Spirit unless you humble yourself.

Only God can raise spiritually dead souls to new life. Only God can produce belief, repentance, and obedience in Christ Jesus.
Nowhere anywhere do the scriptures say that.

He is the (only) Way, Truth, and Life that enables His children to share in the inheritance of the Heavenly Kingdom.

Jesus says unless you change and become as a little child you will never enter.

YOU say that Jesus says we have to become as little children or we do not enter but he will surprise us by saving us first then making us humble because we cannot be like little children on our own.

Now that is some confused nonsense, and you make Jesus someone with a secret way that took until Calvin to figure it out.

JonahofAkron

I don't see what you're trying to prove in that verse. Being made perfect in suffering is the legal standing that He did. Bringing upon Himself the weight of our sins and being without sin, His suffering and death ends His life on our behalf and finalizes His ability to withstand sin. If He dies without sinning, His legal standing is perfection. Nothing there about learning to be obedient, dude.

Bumping for cross reference