The Eternal Purpose of creation !

Nanja

God is taking full credit for this immoral behaviour being done by absalom !

Amen, Yes He is!

God is Sovereign in all His Works, fulfilling His Divine Plan and Purpose in all His Creation Perfectly!

Jude 1:25 KJV To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen, Yes He is!

God is Sovereign in all His Works, fulfilling His Divine Plan and Purpose in all His Creation Perfectly!

Jude 1:25 KJV To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

~~~~~

See the wicked don't see how God can be the very first cause of mans wickedness and yet hold man accountable for his wickedness ! Its because He is God !

Nanja

See the wicked don't see how God can be the very first cause of mans wickedness and yet hold man accountable for his wickedness ! Its because He is God !

Absolutely. But they don't know God.

Mat. 11:27 KJV - All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father;
neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

~~~~~

beloved57

God purposes our immorality ! 3

God purposes our immorality ! 3

Again, David numbering of the people was a terrible , bad and immoral before God, and yet who detrmined that he should do it according to 2 Sam 24:1,10

1 And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

10 And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the Lord, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O Lord, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

That word moved in Vs 1 is the word cuwth and means:

I.to incite, allure, instigate, entice
A.
(Hiphil)
i.
to incite (to a request)

ii.
to allure, lure

iii.
to instigate (bad sense)

God instigated that David do what David would later confess as this 2 Sam 24:10

10 And David's heart smote him after that he had numbered the people. And David said unto the Lord, I have sinned greatly in that I have done: and now, I beseech thee, O Lord, take away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

I know some will quote 1 Chron 21:1

And Satan stood up against Israel, and incited David to number Israel.

Yes that is also true, however satan can only carry out what God had purposed for David to do. Like with Job, it was God who iniated satans leave to attack Job, for the sacred record tells us Job 1:1-8

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

2 And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters.

3 His substance also was seven thousand sheep, and three thousand camels, and five hundred yoke of oxen, and five hundred she *****, and a very great household; so that this man was the greatest of all the men of the east.

4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.

5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

8 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Clearly from the sacred text The Lord instigated the whole matter with Job, satan was merely a secondary cause and participant !

Even the wies God fearing Job knew that the evil conduct of the thieves and robbers and murderers were from God, listen to him here afterwards of the first attack of satan Job 1:20-22

20 Then Job arose, and rent his mantle, and shaved his head, and fell down upon the ground, and worshipped,

21 And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

22 In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

Why dont you think Job did not say the Lord giveth but the Sabeans hath taken away Job 1:15

And the Sabeans fell upon them, and took them away; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee.

Or why did not Job blame the sabeans for the murder of the servants ? Was not their being slain a violation of this commandment Ex 20:13

13 Thou shalt not kill.

Yet it was the Lord that instigated their murder by the sabeans for His Purpose !

So satan in 1 Chron 21:1 is merely a secondary cause carrying out the Sovereign Will of the The First and primary Cause of Davids sin he did 2 Sam 24:1,10 !

beloved57

These things God caused !

These things God caused !

Bearing false witness and all kinds of lying is immoral behaviour, in fact it is stated about all liars Rev 21:8

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. So its without a doubt an moral evil, yet we read in 1 Kings 22:23

23 Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Notice Precisely that The Lord put the lying spirit in the mouth of those prophets, He is the First Cause of their lying, and He will be Just in punishing them along with therse Liars in that Great Day Rev 21:8

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Also hate is immoral, it even causes some to be called a murderer 1 Jn 3:15

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

But yet the sacred record informs us of this Ps 105:25

25 He [God] turned their heart to hate his people, to deal subtilly with his servants.

Who is going to lie that this scriptures testifies to the fact that God is responsible for turning these peoples hearts to hate His People and to deal subtilly with them ! The word subtilly means I.to be deceitful, be crafty, be knavish

beloved57

God purposely hardens mens heart to punish them!

God purposely hardens mens heart to punish them!

God intentionally makes mens hearts hearts obstinate as like Rom 2:5 in conformity to His Purpose, to justly punish them or destroy them Deut 2:30

30 But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the Lord thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.

Notice carefully it reads that God "made his heart obstinate" That word for heart means:

I.inner man, mind, will, heart, soul, understanding

So much for freewill !

To make obstinate, to make firmly stubborn, and its the description that fits the definition of here of what Paul wrote Rom 2:5

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

That word hardness sklērotēs means I.
hardness

II.
obstinacy, stubbornness

Remember what 1 Sam 15:23 says

For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

God purposely hardens men into idolatry and then Justly condemns them to hell for it Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

beloved57

God purposely hardens mens heart to punish them! 2

God purposely hardens mens heart to punish them! 2

And God is said to actively harden and make stubborn the heart of sihon, that he and his might be smited or destroyed. That also is what is meant that God fits men [the vessels of wrath] for destruction Rom 9:22

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

That word fitted as in fitted to destruction, is the greek word katartizo :

I.to render, i.e. to fit, sound, complete
A.
to mend (what has been broken or rent), to repair
i.
to complete

B.
to fit out, equip, put in order, arrange, adjust
i.
to fit or frame for one's self, prepare

a) I fit (join) together; met: I compact together, (b) act. and mid: I prepare, perfect, for his (its) full destination or use, bring into its proper condition (whether for the first time, or after a lapse).

C.
ethically: to strengthen, perfect, complete, make one what he ought to be

It is said to mean:

of men whose souls God has so constituted that they cannot escape destruction

Like as when Jesus said to these men Matt 23:32-33

32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

And that word katartizó is in the perfect tense, passive and middle voice, and its in the passive first because it is God being the one in control fitting them for destruction because He made them vessels of wrath, and even though they are said to fit themselves also [middle voice] for destruction, thats because they cannot but conform to God's decretive will for them, of Him fitting them for destruction, and the point of the Apostle is that God is being the active Author of them being fitted for destruction, because Paul is only elucidating what he began saying in Vs 18 Rom 9:18

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

That God hardens or makes obstinate whom He wills or purpose to, God hardens is in the present active indicative !

beloved57

God made us sin /err from His way or ways !

God made us sin /err from His way or ways !

Isa 63:17

17 O Lord, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.

That word err means :

I.to err, wander, go astray, stagger
A.
(Qal) to err
i.
to wander about (physically)

ii.
of intoxication

iii.
of sin (ethically)

iv.
wandering (of the mind)

B.
(Niphal)
i.
to be made to wander about, be made to stagger (drunkard)

ii.
to be led astray (ethically)

C.
(Hiphil) to cause to wander
i.
to cause to wander about (physically)

ii.
to cause to wander (of intoxication)

iii.
to cause to err, mislead (mentally and morally)

The same word used here

Ps 95:10

Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:

Ps 119:76

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

Now this scripture Isa 63:17 informs us that God is acknowledged as the First Cause of men sinning against Him, that it is He that Purposed it, as with man in Adam, Paul writes Rom 8:20

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

That word vanity means :

I.
what is devoid of truth and appropriateness

II.
perverseness, depravity

III.
frailty, want of vigour

Perverseness is:

turned away from or rejecting what is right, good, or proper; wicked or corrupt.

God because of His Eternal Purpose in Christ is the First Cause of men in Adam wandering from Him as sheep both mentally and morally Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray or err; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And so it was with Adam and Eve and the serpent, for God purposely did not create adam and eve with the moral rectitude to withstand the subtle temptation of the serpent, because it was not His Purpose to, for He could have if He had purposed it for His Glory.

The writer of Isa 63:17 knew and understood that walking in the good ways of God Prov 2:20 ;Hos 14:9 and in His fear, was not a matter of mans freewill decesion as many idolators do and believe today !

For the language of Isa 63:17 is strong and cannot be gainsaid, but God is acknowledged as being the First Cause, that He is causative of their going astray, their wandering out of the way, He MADE them to err, and yet He has every right to hold them accountable for the same ! They acknowledged that it was all of the Sovereign Yaweh that made their hearts hard, or hardened their hearts, made them stubborn, for that is not unusual for God to do, there is Pharoah in Ex 4 and Joshua 11:20

20 For it was of the Lord to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the Lord commanded Moses.

Its also of the Lord in our day, being the First Cause that men believe a lie instead of the Truth 2 Thess 2:11,12

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Oh what terrible things of Righteousness !

Nanja

Isa 63:17

17 O Lord, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.

That word err means :

I.to err, wander, go astray, stagger
A.
(Qal) to err
i.
to wander about (physically)

ii.
of intoxication

iii.
of sin (ethically)

iv.
wandering (of the mind)

B.
(Niphal)
i.
to be made to wander about, be made to stagger (drunkard)

ii.
to be led astray (ethically)

C.
(Hiphil) to cause to wander
i.
to cause to wander about (physically)

ii.
to cause to wander (of intoxication)

iii.
to cause to err, mislead (mentally and morally)

The same word used here

Ps 95:10

Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:

Ps 119:76

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

Now this scripture Isa 63:17 informs us that God is acknowledged as the First Cause of men sinning against Him, that it is He that Purposed it, as with man in Adam, Paul writes Rom 8:20

20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

That word vanity means :

I.
what is devoid of truth and appropriateness

II.
perverseness, depravity

III.
frailty, want of vigour

Perverseness is:

turned away from or rejecting what is right, good, or proper; wicked or corrupt.

God because of His Eternal Purpose in Christ is the First Cause of men in Adam wandering from Him as sheep both mentally and morally Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray or err; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

And so it was with Adam and Eve and the serpent, for God purposely did not create adam and eve with the moral rectitude to withstand the subtle temptation of the serpent, because it was not His Purpose to, for He could have if He had purposed it for His Glory.

The writer of Isa 63:17 knew and understood that walking in the good ways of God Prov 2:20 ;Hos 14:9 and in His fear, was not a matter of mans freewill decesion as many idolators do and believe today !

For the language of Isa 63:17 is strong and cannot be gainsaid, but God is acknowledged as being the First Cause, that He is causative of their going astray, their wandering out of the way, He MADE them to err, and yet He has every right to hold them accountable for the same ! They acknowledged that it was all of the Sovereign Yaweh that made their hearts hard, or hardened their hearts, made them stubborn, for that is not unusual for God to do, there is Pharoah in Ex 4 and Joshua 11:20

20 For it was of the Lord to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the Lord commanded Moses.

Its also of the Lord in our day, being the First Cause that men believe a lie instead of the Truth 2 Thess 2:11,12

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Oh what terrible things of Righteousness !

Amen to your entire post!

I acknowledge that God is the First Cause of man sinning against Him, in accordance
with His Divine Eternal Purpose in Christ. The Counsel of God shall stand Prov. 19:21 KJV.
He makes men to err from His ways, and He hardens hearts as He pleases in order to
bring judgment Prov. 16:4KJV. And He is the Giver of Life to those whom it pleased Him
to show them His Mercy! Is. 45:7 KJV; Is. 46:10 KJV

~~~~~

beloved57

God intentionally makes mens hearts hearts obstinate as like Rom 2:5 in conformity to His Purpose, to justly punish them or destroy them Deut 2:30

30 But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the Lord thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.

Notice carefully it reads that God "made his heart obstinate" That word for heart means:

So much for freewill !

To make obstinate, to make firmly stubborn, and its the description that fits the definition of here of what Paul wrote Rom 2:5

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

hardness

II.
obstinacy, stubbornness

For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

God purposely hardens men into idolatry and then Justly condemns them to hell for it Rev 21:8

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I acknowledge that God is the First Cause of man sinning against Him, in accordance
with His Divine Eternal Purpose in Christ. The Counsel of God shall stand Prov. 19:21 KJV.
He makes men to err from His ways, and He hardens hearts as He pleases in order to
bring judgment Prov. 16:4KJV. And He is the Giver of Life to those whom it pleased Him

~~~~~

May the Lord continue to bless you !

Posted from the TOL App!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The Eternal Purpose of Creation !

it is a test of our free will

you have to test it

you are a part of the test

Nanja

Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post

So much for freewill !

hardness

II.
obstinacy, stubbornness

Originally Posted by Nanja View Post

May the Lord continue to bless you !

Posted from the TOL App!

And may the Lord continue to bless you, too!

~~~~~

beloved57

God determines disobedience to the Gospel !

God determines disobedience to the Gospel !

Rom 10:16

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

2 Thess 1:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Pet 4:17

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Disobedience to Faith in Christ, The Gospel, or the Word , and as immoral as it is, Yet God determined it to be so for many. That was the indication here Lk 2:34

And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

That word set is the greek word keimai and means:

A.to be (by God's intent) set, i.e. destined, appointed

He was destined, appointed to be the fall of many in Israel, National, that word fall means:

B.metaph. to fall under judgment, came under condemnation ,vi.to fall out, fall from i.e. shall perish or be lost

Jesus said that one of His Purposes of coming to national Israel was for Judgment and to blind Jn 9:39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

That would be the jews who had been given the Law of Moses. This also means that when it is stated that Israel shall be saved in the Lord Isa 45:17 and that all Israel shall be saved Rom 11:26 it was not talking about all ethnic jews of Abraham's physical descendants !

So God has determined that disobedience to the Gospel would be the appointed lot of many people, and again Peter teaches that here 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. Confirming Lk 2:34 !

This disobedience is their unbelief that God would cut them off for Rom 11:20-22

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

The word fell here is the same word for fall in Lk 2:34, So Gods severity on them was set Lk 2:34 to be (by God's intent) set, i.e. destined, appointed

This disobedience was to be opposition to the Gospel as Paul as saul acted 1 Tim 1:13

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Unbelief is the symptom of an evil heart Heb 3:10-12

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Notice Vs 10 " They do err in their heart " Does God cause that ? Isa 63 :17

If we are Believers of the True Gospel, God caused and determined it, If we are disobedient and contrary to the True Gospel, God caused and determined that also !

beloved57

To make His Power known !

To make His Power known !

One of the purposes of creation, and particular of God's creature man, especially the non elect whom He created for destruction, was to make His Power known, for we read in this context Rom 9:17-22

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

This means that God purposed this situation, to make His Power or Sovereignty and Dominion over the hearts of men known, which is an irresistible power; and that his readers were to understand it that way is clear from the anticipated response to this hard Truth of God now revealed for read Vs 19

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Here is the reasoning, Now if God does exercises such irresistble power over men and their actions, then how can He justly find fault or culpability in them ?? For after all, they are only doing what His Sovereign government over them dictates for them to do , for they really had no freewill choice to do or not to do ! The ways of God here revealed to man by Paul is unfair, not just, not equal Ezk 18:25, but Paul replies in Vs 20

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Basically Paul is saying here, so what of what you think of this matter, For God has a unequivocal right to do as He so pleases with His creature man, for man is but a puppet to God, and what i mean by that word puppet is this:

That all men without exception, that all of our actions are prompted, induced and under the control of God's Power, to fulfill His Own Purpose and good pleasure ! This is fundamental of God in making His Power known, oh how our hearts should bow before Him in this matter !

Nanja

beloved57;3906726] #124

So Moral evil was not an accident, or reluctantly allowed, but purposed and calculated for God's Own Glory in Christ. You see, sin and or moral evil could not have had any existence in God's World, if it would have been in the least contrary to His Purpose and Will, and so its reality must be the result of God's Own Sovereign predeterminate counsel !

Truth!

~~~~~