The Eternal Purpose of creation !

beloved57

nanja

So this proves that it was God's Purpose that they would sin,
before He even created the world through Jesus Christ.

Yes Mam, and what we believe is called by some supralapsarianism, meaning that God from the First intention and Purpose Created the World for the Purpose of Christ dying to Redeem a People for His Name Sake.

That Christ being the Wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:24

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

That He was not set up to be its Redeemer after God foresaw Adam's sin, but that Adams fall was decreed in accordance with God's Eternal Redemptive in Christ was already Established.

Before Adam was ever Created with the Elect in him, God had already purposed that Christ would Glorify Him upon the Earth by an Redemptive Work, which Christ alludes to here Jn 17:4

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

So Adam's Fall responded to God's Eternal Purpose in Christ, and Not the Eternal Purpose of God in Christ responding to Adam's Fall, a Great Big Difference !

Nanja

nanja

Yes Mam, and what we believe is called by some supralapsarianism, meaning that God from the First intention and Purpose Created the World for the Purpose of Christ dying to Redeem a People for His Name Sake.

That Christ being the Wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:24

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

That He was not set up to be its Redeemer after God foresaw Adam's sin, but that Adams fall was decreed in accordance with God's Eternal Redemptive in Christ was already Established.

Before Adam was ever Created with the Elect in him, God had already purposed that Christ would Glorify Him upon the Earth by an Redemptive Work, which Christ alludes to here Jn 17:4

I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

So Adam's Fall responded to God's Eternal Purpose in Christ, and Not the Eternal Purpose of God in Christ responding to Adam's Fall, a Great Big Difference !

TY...and Exactly stated!

beloved57

Adam was Created in and According to God's Eternal Purpose !

Adam was Created in and According to God's Eternal Purpose !

Eph 3:9-11

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Adam was Created for the Mystery that was in Christ, which was hid in God, who all things were Created because of !

Those words in Vs 9 "who created all things by Jesus Christ"

That word by preposition dia :

I.through

A.of place

i.with

ii.in

B.of time

i.throughout

ii.during

C.of means

i.by

ii.by the means of

II.through

A.the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

i.by reason of

ii.on account of

iii.because of for this reason

iv.therefore

v.on this account

It serves a multitude of meanings here, The World was Created In Christ, meaning Adam and the World in his Loins, the World was Created on account of Christ, and by means of Christ as Mediator !

The same thing is indicated in Col 1:16

16 For by[in] him[Christ] were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him[Christ], and for him[Christ]:

This means that Adam was Created in Christ !

Now by Adam being Created in Christ, it was also for an Redemptive Purpose, and this is why also he was made or Created in the Image and Likeness of God in the beginning Gen 1:26-27

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Again, this is in accordance to the Mystery hid in God Eph 3:9

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

beloved57

Adam was Created in and According to God's Eternal Purpose 2

Adam was Created in and According to God's Eternal Purpose 2

Now that its an Established fact from scripture that Adam was Created in Christ, Col 1:16

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

For "For by him were all things created" can just as well read :

"For in him were all things created"

16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and ASV

16 For it was in Him that all things were created, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, whether thrones, dominions, rulers, or authorities; all things were created and exist through Him [by His service, intervention] and in and for Him.AMP

Therefore His Redemptive Death reconcile all things to Himself Col 1:20

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

The same all things that were Created in Him pointed out back up in Vs 16 !

So Adam's being Created in the Image and Likeness of God is due to His Union with Christ, for he is in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

We know this applies to Adam simply because Adam, included in the all things of Col 1:16, was Created in Christ, so thats the connection to having been Created in the Image and Likeness of God, for Christ is that Image and Likeness 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Christ is the Image of God !

Again Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

So actually, Christ's does purge the sins of those who were Created in the Image and Likeness of God in Adam, because Adam was Created in Him , who is the Very Image of God !

beloved57

Adam was Created in and According to God's Eternal Purpose 3

Adam was Created in and According to God's Eternal Purpose 3

In Light of Adam being Created in Christ and in the Image of God, he and mankind in him, God's Elect Chosen in Christ before the foundation, have been predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ, as a confirmation of being Created in the Image of God in the beginning Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

All those in Adam, in the Day God Created him Gen 1:27

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

That Image is only realized in the New Creation Eph 4:24

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Yes, The New Man is the fulfillment of having been initially Created in the Image of God in Gen 1:26-27 !

You see, being Created in the Image of God was never to be found in the natural man, that was only a subplot to the main Glory God had in store for Man, to be fulfilled through Redemption, and the Spirit's activity as well 2 Cor 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This was not possible in the natural, in Adam !

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
In Light of Adam being Created in Christ and in the Image of God, he and mankind in him, God's Elect Chosen in Christ before the foundation, have been predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ, as a confirmation of being Created in the Image of God in the beginning Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Yes, The New Man is the fulfillment of having been initially Created in the Image of God in Gen 1:26-27 !

You see, being Created in the Image of God was never to be found in the natural man, that was only a subplot to the main Glory God had in store for Man, to be fulfilled through Redemption, and the Spirit's activity as well 2 Cor 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Told yuh several months ago this would come to yuh.

My strictness with you has not been off base.

No fall my brother, it was the Fathers plan to create sons in the Father and son's combined image.

Let us make man in our image.

Father and son.

beloved57

Told yuh several months ago this would come to yuh.

My strictness with you has not been off base.

No fall my brother, it was the Fathers plan to create sons in the Father and son's combined image.

Let us make man in our image.

Father and son.
Evasion and Rabbit Trail !

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Evasion and Rabbit Trail !

Not at all.

If Adam was so good, how did he fall?

Answer is, he couldn't and didn't.

You see, Father has shown us the end from the beginning.

That is..... to put it simply........ sinners in paradise.

Think about it, and dont be half steppin'.:idea:

Nanja

Amen to all 3 parts!

So then, I understand that the fellowship of the mystery in Eph. 3:9
can only be realized by those in Christ's Body, chosen in Him before
the foundation Eph 1:4 to the adoption of Sons. They are the "all" that will see,
or be enlightened to understand, God's Eternal Purpose of Creation in their New Birth.
For only they, as their natural head Adam, were created in the Image and Likeness of God,
and consequently, they only, will be given to have this kind of intimate fellowship / koinonia with Christ.

And just to let you know... this whole thread is a very enlightening and comprehensive study in the Scriptures.
TY for all your work! ☺

~~~~~

beloved57

Not at all.

If Adam was so good, how did he fall?

Answer is, he couldn't and didn't.

You see, Father has shown us the end from the beginning.

That is..... to put it simply........ sinners in paradise.

Think about it, and dont be half steppin'.:idea:
Evasion and Rabbit Trail continued !

beloved57

Amen to all 3 parts!

So then, I understand that the fellowship of the mystery in Eph. 3:9
can only be realized by those in Christ's Body, chosen in Him before
the foundation Eph 1:4 to the adoption of Sons. They are the "all" that will see,
or be enlightened to understand, God's Eternal Purpose of Creation in their New Birth.
For only they, as their natural head Adam, were created in the Image and Likeness of God,
and consequently, they only, will be given to have this kind of intimate fellowship / koinonia with Christ.

And just to let you know... this whole thread is a very enlightening and comprehensive study in the Scriptures.
TY for all your work! ☺

~~~~~
It was mainly for you my Sister !