The Eternal Purpose of creation !

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Ok then explain them back to me !

I agree with them according to my understanding of redemption.

You will have to elaborate on them according to your understanding of it.

To properly understand redemption, you must first understand that Adam owed nothing.

There was no fall.

Adam transgressed.

Adam did not regress.

To transgress is to carry forward what was already there.

The scriptures say that Adam transgressed, nothing about regressing.

Romans 5:14 KJV

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come .

1 Timothy 2:14 KJV

14 And Adam was not deceived , but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Envy is just one of the things already in man.

James 4:5 KJV

5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

Nanja

Jn 12:27

Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

This scripture indicates that this World was Created for a Redemptive Purpose in Christ, centered in His Cross, the Work the Father gave Him to do, to finish before the foundation of the World Jn 17:4

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. Note: When did the Father give Him this Work to do ?

1 Peter gives us to know this 1 Pet 1:18-20

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

This Blood redemption by the Lamb was foreordained before the foundation of the World, So its feasible He knew of it before the foundation of the World.

Now if that be the case, why does so many deny that this world was Created for a Redemptive Purpose in Christ ?

Because they are in a lost state 2 Cor. 4:3-4, their understanding is darkened Eph. 4:18.
The natural man will only seek after the god of his own understanding; that's all he is capable of.

~~~~~

beloved57

As I have been able to set forth Christ as being the Purpose for the Creation of the World, A Redemptive Purpose centered in Him, Eph 3:9-11 ; Col 1:14-18 it would not be complete to Highlight the fact that since Christ is the Ultimate Purpose in Creation, then so is His Body the Church, His Redeemed Bride, who will also shine forth His Perfections and Glory; She will partake in the Manifestation of Her Glorious Bride Groom, whi is the Eternal Logos / Word, One in the Triune Godhead !

When Jesus said Jn 17:24

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

That Glory is His Mediatorial Glory as the Head of His Body the Church, so His Body is part of that Glory of His ! Isa 46:13

I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

beloved57

Because of Mercy from Everlasting

Because of Mercy from Everlasting

Ps 103:17

But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Rom 9:23

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

We know and understand that God designed this world for a Redemptive Purpose in Christ, which involved sin, because of what we read in Ps 103:17

But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Now how could God's Mercy be from Everlasting, unless it was Purposed upon some from Everlasting, and Mercy finds its objective cause from sin and misery, the publican cried Lk 18:13

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

You see, it was from Everlasting that God established Chosen Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

John Gill comments on Ps 103:17 :

But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him,.... In opposition to the frailty of man, the stability and duration of the mercy of God is observed. This reaches from one eternity to another; it is from everlasting in the heart of God: it appeared in the choice of the vessels of mercy; in the covenant of grace, which is founded upon it,

Now the word mercy here in Ps 103:17 is the hebrew word checed:

It means favour and is translated as Covenant Loyalty,

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/psalms/103-17.htm

So this Favor, Covenant Loyalty or Faithfulness is From Everlasting, which indicates its the fruit of the Everlasting Covenant, It was due to a Covenant of Peace Isa 54:10

10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee.

That Mercy from Everlasting Ps 103:17 is the fruit of this Covenant of Peace, Its for the Vessels of Mercy, they were Chosen in Christ before the foundation, in the Eternal Purpose of Christ Eph 3:11, and it was God's purpose to imprison them into unbelief/sin in pursuit of this Mercy, to have Mercy upon all the Vessels of Mercy Rom 11:32

32 For God hath concluded them all[The Vessels of Mercy] in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

beloved57

Because of Mercy from Everlasting 2

Because of Mercy from Everlasting 2

God from Everlasting had decreed Mercy for the Elect of God, in that when the Elect sinned in Adam, it was according to a preordain Purpose of Mercy, for they had already been designated Vessels of Mercy aforetime Rom 9:23​

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

God before the foundation had purposed their regeneration accorfing to His Mercy Titus 3:5​

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Regenerating Mercy was purposed for them from Everlasting Ps 103:17​

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;​

They fear Him from Regenerating Mercy, for by nature no man fears God Rom 3:18​

18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.​

This World was Created for a Merciful Purpose to display God's Mercy, not on all mankind, but upon the Vessels of Mercy, the Election of Grace !​

beloved57

The Creation of the World was Christocentric !

The Creation of the World was Christocentric !

Man was Created in Adam to be redeemed by Jesus Christ, in who's Image and Likeness Adam with Eve was Created in, and through Christ's Redemptive Cross, the Purpose for Man in Adam is Established, being made in the Image and Likeness of God. For scripture is clear about this, Col 1:14-17

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Christ in His Redemptive Purpose is Before all things !

Man is ultimaetly is the Image and Likeness of God as theyr are conformed to the Image of Christ Rom 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

2 Cor 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This Image never depended upon our natural creation in Adam, but our Spiritual Creation in Christ !

Nanja

Man was Created in Adam to be redeemed by Jesus Christ, in who's Image and Likeness Adam with Eve was Created in, and through Christ's Redemptive Cross, the Purpose for Man in Adam is Established, being made in the Image and Likeness of God. For scripture is clear about this, Col 1:14-17

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Christ in His Redemptive Purpose is Before all things !

Man is ultimaetly is the Image and Likeness of God as theyr are conformed to the Image of Christ Rom 8:29

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

2 Cor 3:18

But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This Image never depended upon our natural creation in Adam, but our Spiritual Creation in Christ !

Yes, in the beginning, all the Elect sinned in Adam when he sinned as our federal head,
and this was all according to God's Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus.

So, our becoming Born Again actually confirms that we are one whom God had predestined
to be conformed to His Image Rom. 8:29, and we come to experimentally manifest His Image
in our becoming a new Spiritual man.

Col. 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

1 Cor. 15:49
And as we have borne the image of the earthy (in Adam), we shall also bear the image of the heavenly (Christ).

And so we bear the image of Christ our Surety Heb. 7:22, the Image of God's Son Rom. 8:29.

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes, in the beginning, all the Elect sinned in Adam when he sinned as our federal head,
and this was all according to God's Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus.

So, our becoming Born Again actually confirms that we are one whom God had predestined
to be conformed to His Image Rom. 8:29, and we come to experimentally manifest His Image
in our becoming a new Spiritual man.

Col. 3:10
And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

1 Cor. 15:49
And as we have borne the image of the earthy (in Adam), we shall also bear the image of the heavenly (Christ).

And so we bear the image of Christ our Surety Heb. 7:22, the Image of God's Son Rom. 8:29.

~~~~~

Absolutely!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Eph 3:7-11

7Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Col 1:14-16

14In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

The creation of the world was Soterilogical and Redemptive for all intents and purposes..

Gen 1:1

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

This is where God begins to manifest a Divine Eternal Purpose, which He eons afore time, purposed in Himself, the Triune God..

This Eternal Purpose was predicated upon God manifesting His redemptive [from sin] wisdom of His Chosen People, the Vessels of Mercy Rom 9:23..

Hence from all eternity God, That the world He created through Jesus Christ Eph 3:9 would be for the display of His manifold wisdom and grace in the redemption of Chosen lost sinners. Eph 3:10

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

For the execution and accomplishment of this Eternal Purpose, God has sovereignly controlled the world from its beginning, and will continue until its consummation, and time will be no more.

All that happens in this world, mysteriously has Soteriological and or Redemptive meaning, that which is both good and evil is included. All has been ordained by God and serves to operate into the displaying the manifold Wisdom of God in the Salvation or Redemption of the Church and His Glorification Through Jesus Christ !
Good luck puzzling out the ultimate answer. I have long concluded that I am humble and finite and do not know the fullness of God--or ever will.

I love it when Job asks God why the good suffer or "Why am I here?" And then God, out of the whirlwind, blasts him with an awesome schooling in natural history!

Eric h

Good luck puzzling out the ultimate answer. I have long concluded that I am humble and finite and do not know the fullness of God--or ever will.

Here is a simplistic yet profound way to test the power of the greatest commandments, possibly to an ultimate truth. If you choose to read further then search for something greater than I have written.

What purpose can be so great, that it would compel God to create the universe and life, knowing in advance the suffering of mankind and that his son would die? Would it be to forgive the sins of mankind, or can there be something greater?

Challenge your mind to find a greatest good purpose for creation; by searching for answers to three questions.

What greatest thing can God create?
God could create all the stars and planets of the universe; he then becomes God the builder.
God could create a whole variety of life with almost no intelligence like plants; he now becomes God the gardener' God could create life with more intelligence like the animal kingdom. He now becomes God the farmer. God could create life in his own image, a life that could understand him. He now become God the Father. Can God create anything greater than children in his own image, Does the greatest thing that God creates, depend on the relationship that he can have with them?

What greatest purpose can God have to create children in his own image?
Could the ultimate God be a God who loves in the greatest way? God the Father willingly loves all of mankind as he loves HIMSELF.
Can there be any greater reason to create children, even for God; can God love us more than he loves himself? In a way, God loves us more than he loves himself, because he sent his Son to die for us. In a contradicting way, God loves himself more than us, because he is the greatest being in the universe and retains the power of heaven or hell over us. We can never have the wisdom to understand the fullness of God’s love during our lifetime, but to dare to think that God loves each and every one of us as he loves himself is indeed a profound thought.

To find a greatest purpose for all God's children.
What greatest purpose could God set for humanity? Would it be for everyone to turn to His kind of religion and pray the way that he stipulates, or would it be to banish poverty, gain intellectual superiority, conquer sickness and death, and subdue the universe or is there more?
If the greatest reason God could have to create mankind, is to love us, as he loves himself, then God could create mankind, with the freedom to return God's love
All of mankind to be created with the freedom to love God the creator unconditionally, are we given the greatest commandment as a guide for this very purpose?
God willingly loves everyone as he loves himself; do we also need this same freedom to love everyone in the same way, so that the truth can be complete for God and mankind.
All of mankind, to be created with the freedom to love their neighbour; as they love themselves unconditionally; are we given the second greatest commandment as a guide?
Is this how God wants his children to be one? He wants us to love each other as we love ourselves, despite our differences.
Could the greatest commandments be a Greatest and Ultimate Truth?

John 15 – As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you.

Just some rambling thoughts to challenge the mind to think.