The Eternal Purpose of creation !

beloved57

Was Adam created by God in accordance with His Eternal Purpose in Christ?

Now scripture says this Ephesians 3:9-11

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Also speaking of Christ its written Col 1:16-17

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Now was Adam created for Him? Christ and His redeeming purpose?

God predetermined that His Elect vessels of mercy should fall in Adam!

Nanja

Everything God commanded of Adam and Eve at their Creation was in accordance to them being Created by and for Jesus Christ.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Amen Brother! It was God's Eternal Purpose for His Elect, chosen in union with Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4-7, His Church and Sheep; His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23, to sin in Adam the Federal Head of God's Elect, because they had already been given Saving Grace before the World began.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Eph. 3:11
According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

And God's Eternal Purpose is revealed in New Birth to every one of them in time.

Ps. 25:14
The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

So that's why Adam must sin, because in the Mind of God, His Son had already been constituted the Lamb Slain before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8, and risen as the Great Shepherd of the Sheep Heb. 13:20.

Therefore also, the dominions of sin Rom. 6:14 and death Rom. 6:9 were created for Christ to Save His People from Mat. 1:21: To Bring Glory to God:

Col. 1:16
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Rev. 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Nanja

The human race and all the inhabitants of the world were made for Christ Dan 4:35

35And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

They were created to manifest his ability to form different kinds and order of beings. In creating the inferior beings [ animals] he displayed his ability to create material beings, and their various usefulness to mankind..In the creation of man He showed His ability to make beings who were both material and spiritual, that is the union of the material body with the spiritual and immortal soul..

The humans were created for Christ that he may display His infinite perfections in the redemption of their souls, in this grand display and work is made known the most wonderful display of His perfections which men or angels will ever behold..

Now in creating mankind, they were created for different displays of the Divine Purposes, some of us were created as vessels of mercy, and some of us were created as vessels of wrath per Rom 9:13-24

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

All men are made within the eternal purpose of the purpose of election Rom 9:11

And within that purpose, we [ from everlasting] are either hated by God or Loved by God vs 13..

Jacob is Representative of all the beloved of God within the purpose of election and Esau is Representative of all the hated of God within the purpose of election..

Each person or group of persons have been made, that is bought into being, to display God's purpose of mercy for sinners or Gods wrath for sinners..

The vessels of wrath vs 22 are also what scripture terms the wicked as in Prov 16:4

4The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

This is not speaking about people who do wicked things, but people whom all their lives, no matter what, whether very religious or non religious, will only be the wicked before God, that is vessels of wrath, created for that purpose..

The elect, are the righteous, even when they are born by nature, wicked in their mind and works..Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Now, who are the And You that Paul is addressing here, when he declares, ye were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works !

Let me tell you now, He was not speaking to the those who are called the wicked in Prov 16:4 but He is speaking to the beloved of God..

Lets look at a scripture in col that will confirm this. Col 3:12

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

This being beloved, was a true fact, while they were alienated and enemies in their minds by wicked works, for they were the beloved of God before they were born into that condition, even from everlasting were they the beloved of God, and never " The wicked " of Prov 16:4

But the beloved of God are born in the sinful condition we are by nature, for the purpose of mercy, thats why Paul says some are vessels of mercy Rom 9:23, this mercy is displayed to them, because of what they are by nature..but, even though that is True by nature, yet are they also the righteous.. The gospel declares righteous all those believing in Jesus Christ, but before God declares one righteous, He must first view you as righteous, and just how is that done ?

2 Cor 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Everyone Christ was made sin for, [ died for their sins] has been made righteous by God, because their sins, their wicked works, were never laid to their charge 2 Cor 5:19

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Their sins were not imputed unto them, the word imputed here is the greek word:
logizomai :

to reckon, count, compute, calculate, count over
a) to take into account, to make an account of
1) metaph. to pass to one's account, to impute

Their sins were not laid to their account as the word means here in 2 Tim 4:16

16At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge

So the force of what Paul is saying in 2 Cor 5:19, is that their is a world [ both jews and gentiles] who God does not lay to their charge, all their trespasses and sins that they shall commit. And since they never had their sins laid to their charge, they were not guilty of their crimes, and instead, their head, the Lord Jesus Christ was made to suffer and die for their crimes, because instead of God laying them to their account, He laid them to His account..Isa 53:6

6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

You see, God is too Just, to have laid their sins to their charge, and at the same time laid them to the charge of their shepherd !

And so the non imputation of their sins, was accompanied by the imputation of His righteousness [ their shepherd] to their account, hence they were made righteous by imputation Rom 4:6-8

6Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

So here we see both imputations go hand in hand, those whom have imputed righteousness vs 6 are those who have not had their sins imputed unto them vs 8 and 2 Cor 5:19

And so, we have it, God or Christ made both the wicked and the righteous.. for His redemptive purpose..

The wicked, are the vessels of wrath, who do have their sins imputed to their charge, and the vessels of mercy, the righteous, do not have their sins laid to their charge, but instead to the charge of their shepherd, and the shepherd giveth His life for the sheep, and not the goats..

Amen, and Thank You Brother for this comprehensive study in the scriptures, proving that God Himself has predetermined from everlasting, according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ Jesus Eph. 3:11, which portion of humanity never had any sin imputed to it [Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23: SHEEP], and which portion shall die in their sins [Vessels of Wrath Rom. 9:22: GOATS].

And because the Acts of God are Eternal and originate in His Mind, they are immutable Mal. 3:6; not subject to change by the so-called will of the created thing.

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Job 23:13-14
13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. 14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

beloved57

Adam was created for an redemptive purpose, yes Adam and the vessels of mercy in him Rom 9:23

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

A Glory only to be found in Christ Jesus, an Eternal Glory 2 Tim 2:10

10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

This Eternal Glory is in the relm of Salvation which is in Christ Jesus !

So God determined the fall and sin of His Own Elect in line with preparing them unto Glory. Man in Adam was made adapted to the redemptive death of Christ slain from the foundation of the world Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

1 Pet 1:20

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Foreordained before the foundation to redeem the elect by His Precious blood 1 Pet 1:18-19 !

This Eternal Glory they had been prepared for would come through Christ dying for their sins !

Nanja

Now it must be added and noted that God's Eternal Purpose in Christ Eph 3:11; 2 Tim 1:9 was formed by God in Eternity, in His Eternal Mind alone, without any consideration of anything He did foresee, without being influenced by anyone, not adam, not Lucifer, no angels. Uninfluenced by anyone or anything outside of Himself, and solely according to His OWN good pleasure Eph 1:5,11

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

All True Saints believe this Ps 115:3

3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased[or desired].

Dan 4:35

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth[executes,performs] according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Look especially at the Phrase Eph 1:11

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: Not no one elses will , which would be the case if He was influenced by any actions outside of Himself !

If we believe and teach that God in forming His Eternal Purpose in Christ [which is Redemptive and about Grace] was influenced by what He foresaw in and by Adam or any other creature, we immediately are guilty of dishonoring God's Wisdom, supposing He could not have originated such a Gracious Purpose of Redemption apart from being influenced by His creatures, beings of time, and so then it would be another being inferior to Himself that taught Him wisdom Isa 40:13

Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord, or being his counsellor hath taught him?

If God's Eternal Purpose of Redemption and Grace was the result of God foreseeing how His creatures would act, then to a degree they taught Him wisdom, their actions at the least initiated Him to act towards them in Redemption and Grace, thoughts obviously He had not before He created man. All such thinking is Blasphemous, insulting, and disrespectful to the highest degree and of the devil His arch enemy !

God also within the Eternal Purpose in Christ Eph 3:11

Chose His People in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:3-6

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Connected to what had been said earlier Eph 2:7

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Parts 1 and 2 provide an excellent witness to the Gospel of God's Grace through the Redemption that is in Christ Jesus Rom 3:24 before the World began 2 Tim. 1:9.

Thanking the Lord for your Fellowship in the Truth Phil. 1:4-6!

Nanja

Rom 10:16

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

2 Thess 1:8

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Pet 4:17

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Disobedience to Faith in Christ, The Gospel, or the Word , and as immoral as it is, Yet God determined it to be so for many. That was the indication here Lk 2:34

And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

That word set is the greek word keimai and means:

A.to be (by God's intent) set, i.e. destined, appointed

He was destined, appointed to be the fall of many in Israel, National, that word fall means:

B.metaph. to fall under judgment, came under condemnation ,vi.to fall out, fall from i.e. shall perish or be lost

Jesus said that one of His Purposes of coming to national Israel was for Judgment and to blind Jn 9:39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

That would be the jews who had been given the Law of Moses. This also means that when it is stated that Israel shall be saved in the Lord Isa 45:17 and that all Israel shall be saved Rom 11:26 it was not talking about all ethnic jews of Abraham's physical descendants !

So God has determined that disobedience to the Gospel would be the appointed lot of many people, and again Peter teaches that here 1 Pet 2:8

8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. Confirming Lk 2:34 !

This disobedience is their unbelief that God would cut them off for Rom 11:20-22

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

The word fell here is the same word for fall in Lk 2:34, So Gods severity on them was set Lk 2:34 to be (by God's intent) set, i.e. destined, appointed

This disobedience was to be opposition to the Gospel as Paul as saul acted 1 Tim 1:13

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Unbelief is the symptom of an evil heart Heb 3:10-12

10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Notice Vs 10 " They do err in their heart " Does God cause that ? Isa 63 :17

17 O Lord, why hast thou made us to err from thy ways, and hardened our heart from thy fear? Return for thy servants' sake, the tribes of thine inheritance.

If we are Believers of the True Gospel, God caused and determined it, If we are disobedient and contrary to the True Gospel, God caused and determined that also !

Amen, Brother!

Excellent study in the scriptures 1 Cor. 2:13 !

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ecclesiastes 12:13King James Version (KJV)

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

beloved57

2 Tim 1:9 shows the world was created for a sal​vation/redemptive purpose in Christ !

2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

It is very apparent that Salvation Grace was given the Elect of God, in Christ their Saviour, before the world began. So that shows that Adam was Created in order to sin, to activate,effect the Eternal Purpose in Christ already established before the world began !

Nanja

2 Tim 1:9 shows the world was created for a sal​vation/redemptive purpose in Christ !

2 Tim 1:9

It is very apparent that Salvation Grace was given the Elect of God, in Christ their Saviour, before the world began. So that shows that Adam was Created in order to sin, to activate,effect the Eternal Purpose in Christ already established before the world began, and to be conformed to the Image of Christ !

Amen, Adam must sin.

Christ being slain in the Mind and Purpose of God before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8, to be Surety Mediator for His Sheep Is. 53:6; already Risen and Ascended as their Surety Head Heb. 7:22; 13:20, God determined that Adam the Federal Head of all the Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7 exclusively, must sin due to the fact that they were already Promised Eternal Life 2 Tim. 1:9: Legally Justifed, Reconciled Rom. 5:9-10 from sin according to God's Law and Justice, and to be conformed to the Image of His Son Rom. 8:29. Therefore it's impossible that they could ever come under condemnation for sin Rom. 8:1; 2Cor. 5:21.

beloved57

Amen, Adam must sin.

Christ being slain in the Mind and Purpose of God before the foundation of the world Rev. 13:8, to be Surety Mediator for His Sheep Is. 53:6; already Risen and Ascended as their Surety Head Heb. 7:22; 13:20, God determined that Adam the Federal Head of all the Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7 exclusively, must sin due to the fact that they were already Promised Eternal Life 2 Tim. 1:9: Legally Justifed, Reconciled Rom. 5:9-10 from sin according to God's Law and Justice, and to be conformed to the Image of His Son Rom. 8:29. Therefore it's impossible that they could ever come under condemnation for sin Rom. 8:1; 2Cor. 5:21.

Amen Sister !

beloved57

Another scripture that will give us to understand that this world was created for a redemptive purpose in Christ is the OT proverb by the wise man Solomon Prov 3:19

19The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

Now elsewhere Christ is called the Wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:24

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
By Christ/Wisdom the Lord founded the Earth, laid the foundation of it in Wisdom, and as it is written in Col 2:3

In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

He created all things by His Son Eph 3:9-11

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Heb 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Eph 3:7-11

All that happens in this world, mysteriously has Soteriological and or Redemptive meaning, that which is both good and evil is included. All has been ordained by God and serves to operate into the displaying the manifold Wisdom of God in the Salvation or Redemption of the Church and His Glorification Through Jesus Christ !

Hmmm

Calvinist, James White, writes: “Surely it is part of modern evangelical tradition to say, ‘God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life,’ but providing a meaningful biblical basis for this assertion is significantly more difficult.” (Debating Calvinism, p.265, )

This is because Calvinists do not believe that God has a “wonderful plan” for everyone’s life, and in fact, a dreadful plan for most, since Calvinism teaches a doctrine of Reprobation, in which people who become saved, do so because God had predestined it, and alternatively, those who remain lost, do so because God designed it that way too. To a Calvinist, this is part of the total plan of God via decree:

John Calvin writes: “…the reason why God elects some and rejects others is to be found in His purpose alone. … before men are born their lot is assigned to each of them by the secret will of God. … the salvation or the destruction of men depends on His free election.” (Calvin’s New Testament Commentaries: Romans and Thessalonians, p.203,)

zzub

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 13New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Sower
Mathew 13 That same day Jesus went out of the house and sat by the lake. 2 Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat in it, while all the people stood on the shore. 3 Then he told them many things in parables, saying: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. 4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched

The 'P' in calvinsit TULIP. preservation of the elect. However, the Bible says that some seed was thrown on rocky ground (some saints were saved!). They grew and thrived quickly, only; later, to be scorched and die ( the saint is not saved anymore).

How does the calvinist have assurance then. "I am the elect", he cries. No, he only believes he is the elect, as the parable teaches, he may later not believe he is the elect (he was scorched). The Calvinist says ALL thing are predestined by God.

So the calvinist maintains that God predestines one to think is is saved and will be preserved, when in reality he is predestined to think he is saved but to be later scorched.

Toast anyone?

Nanja

Another scripture that will give us to understand that this world was created for a redemptive purpose in Christ is the OT proverb by the wise man Solomon Prov 3:19

19The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens.

Now elsewhere Christ is called the Wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:24

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
By Christ/Wisdom the Lord founded the Earth, laid the foundation of it in Wisdom, and as it is written in Col 2:3

In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

He created all things by His Son Eph 3:9-11

Heb 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds

Amen! It was God's Purpose in Christ / Wisdom to have founded the earth Prov. 3:19 so that He, through their Federal Head Adam's disobedience to God, would Save His People, His Church, from their sins by the shedding of His Blood on their behalf, for that was the Redemptive Work the Father gave Him to do:

John 17:4
I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Therefore, we can conclude that God, through Wisdom, made the World of His Church to be sinners so that He would be Glorified by their Salvation from sin through His Son's Death for them.

Eph. 5:25-27

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Amen, Adam must sin.

So your deity created everything so he could later kill his son to save mankind? Was there nothing else he could do?
Give any thought to how depressing that is?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So your deity created everything so he could later kill his son to save mankind? Was there nothing else he could do?
Give any thought to how depressing that is?
If Calvinism is true, then this accusation is valid.

beloved57

This World was Created for a redemptive purpose in Christ in that Christ is the resurrection as stated by Him to Martha Jn 11:25

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: