ECT The disciples go blank on the death of Christ

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus IS on the throne in Jerusalem NOW.

Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

Made up, TOL village idiot:

Zech. 14 KJV

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Isaiah 2:3 KJV And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Micah 4:2 KJV And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Zech 8 KJV

21 And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the Lord, and to seek the Lord of hosts: I will go also.

22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the Lord.

23 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

God's Truth

No, biblical idiot-the Lord Jesus Christ is on God the Father's throne right now, on his right hand-The Saviour is not on His throne right now.Slower:The Lord Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God, therefore He is currently on God the Father's throne.

The Lord Jesus Christ's throne-on earth:

"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom." Mt. 20:21 KJV=will be on earth

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21 KJV

NOTICE: "my throne", ie., the Lord Jesus Christ's throne, is differentiated from His Fathers's throne-"his throne."

Again, the Lord Jesus Christ's throne-on earth:

"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that
these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom." Mt. 20:21 KJV

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21 KJV

Vs.

God the Father's throne:

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he(God the Father-my note) raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places," Eph. 1:20 KJV

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:."
Eph. 1:3 KJV

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus..." Eph. 2:6 KJV

=Members of the body of Christ will sit with the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies upon God the Father's throne, but kingdom members will sit upon the Lord Jesus Christ's throne on earth.

Jesus is on God's throne.

When Jesus comes again, it will be on the throne coming from the clouds of heaven.

God's Truth

WILL BE. Just as scripture says it WILL BE, not IS ALREADY.
As my dear brother, Steko, has provided the scriptural truth of the matter.

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Christ is now seated at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne.
To be exalted to that position, there is no way that Christ could not be over every name and principality.

Nevertheless, Christ has not actualized His rule over a subjected nation of Israel from the throne of David nor over planet earth, which He is destined to do, and which He instructed His disciples to pray for.

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Christ is now sitting at GOD's right hand....henceforth expecting till...
which means it ain't all done....yet.

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool

Jesus is ruling now over everything.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Interplanner

Jesus is ruling now over everything.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

I don't know of any prayer by Jesus to reign over the nation of Israel subjected. But not everything is subjected yet that will be. It's just that in the resurrection he acquired the title that is over all.

Interplanner

Jesus is on God's throne.

When Jesus comes again, it will be on the throne coming from the clouds of heaven.

Hey JohnW your Rev 3:21 quotes puts Jesus on the Father's throne. And it was the resurrection, the overcoming, that put him there. (He doesn't see double like 2P2P).

God's Truth

I don't know of any prayer by Jesus to reign over the nation of Israel subjected. But not everything is subjected yet that will be. It's just that in the resurrection he acquired the title that is over all.

I don't know what you mean.
I believe that Jesus is God and that all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to him.

Jerry Shugart

I can give you MANY scriptures that tell you that all the land promises were given, but you do not accept the scriptures.

Now let us look at the "land" promises of God under the Davidic covenant:

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime" (2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"
(Jer.24:6).​

"And not pluck them up"! The prophet Amos says the same thing:

"And I will bring again the captivity of my people ...And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God"(Amos 9:14,15).​

This promise which the LORD made to David was not fulfilled in the first century because the Jews were expelled from the land then and then again in the next century. The fulfillment of this prophecy remains in the future.

And before you attempt to pervert the plain meaning of the Scriptures please understand that the LORD said He would not "alter" the promises He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David"
(Ps.89:3,33-35).​

You are left with two options. You can either accept the fact that the fulfillment of these prophecies remain in the future or that the LORD lied to David and He altered the promises which He made to David!

There is no doubt in my mind about which option you will chose!

God's Truth

"Now therefore so shalt thou say unto my servant David...I will appoint a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own, and move no more; neither shall the children of wickedness afflict them any more, as beforetime" (2 Sam.7:8,10).​

"And move no more"! This promise according to the Davidic covenant is restated later by the prophet Jeremiah:

"For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up"

"And I will bring again the captivity of my people ...And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God"(Amos 9:14,15).​

This promise which the LORD made to David was not fulfilled in the first century because the Jews were expelled from the land then and then again in the next century. The fulfillment of this prophecy remains in the future.

And before you attempt to pervert the plain meaning of the Scriptures please understand that the LORD said He would not "alter" the promises He made to David:

"I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant...Nevertheless my loving-kindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David"

You are left with two options. You can either accept the fact that the fulfillment of these prophecies remain in the future or that the LORD lied to David and He altered the promises which He made to David!

Before I reply to this post, tell me why you ignore scriptures that I give you that prove you wrong?

Interplanner

I know that this is way, way above your head but did you not notice that the Lord Jesus spoke of two different thrones here--His throne and the Father's throne?:

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev.3:21).​

Besides that, the throne of David will be given to the Lord Jesus so He will occupy that throne alone. Gabriel told Mary the following:

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end"
(Lk.1:32,33).​

The throne of the Lord Jesus will be in Jerusalem:

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem" (Jer.3:17).​

In the Kingdom men will go to Jerusalem to worship the Lord Jesus:

"And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one...And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain" (Zech.14:9,17).​

Of course you believe none of those things because you put more faith in what some say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

Well, it seems that at Jer 3 we have to realize in the whole sweep of things, that language fails to contain what Jeremiah sees. It kind of starts here for him: the city itself will be the throne. But we find out that the city is not just that place, that all the earth is to honor him, and the Lord Our Righteousness is for all

Interplanner

Why then did He not refer to that throne as His instead of His Father's throne?:

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with Me in My throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev.3:21).​

Gabriel told Mary the following:

"He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Lk.1:32,33).​

Since God gave the throne of David to the Lord Jesus it belongs to Him. Are you really so dense that you cannot even understand these simple things?

Hmmm interesting. Not quite the topic of the OP, but, in fact, I have been saying this for quite a while: that Christ was seated on David's throne! In Acts 7, Stephen sees him standing at the right hand of God, having gotten up to welcome Stephen. 'How then is Messiah David's son?'

Interplanner

Nothing is wrong with me. it is you who does not even understand the principles in regard to the earthly kingdom. The lord Jesus told his apostles to pray in the following manner:

"Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Mt.6:10).​

It will not be until the following prophecy is fulfilled when the LORD's "will" will be done on earth as it is in heaven:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth" (Jer.23:5).​

Judgment and justice are not now being executed in the earth. In fact, Paul calls the present age "evil":

"Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of God and our Father" (Gal.1:4).​

Despite this you can somehow trick you mind into believing that the Lord Jesus is reigning now and His reign has resulted in an evil age!

What's wrong with you?

That prayer was not for Israel the civic entity, Jerry. It was for all Christians, about the reign of Christ. You realize that it is a reign, not a place?

I've gone back to p4 now and I don't know where the Mk 9 denial-starting moment discussion ended

God's Truth

The earthy land promises have all already been given.

The Father and Jesus will live with us on the new earth in the New Jerusalem.

The New Jerusalem is the Bride and will come down from heaven to the new earth.

Revelation 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.

Interplanner

No, it has not yet been fulfilled in Christ:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth"
(Jer.23:5).​

Judgment and justice are not now being executed in the earth. In fact, Paul calls the present age "evil":

"Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of God and our Father"
(Gal.1:4).​

According to your discredited ideas the reign of the Lord Jesus has resulted in evil and not justice.

Biased again Jerry: Rom 3:26: the sacrifice of Christ was so that God would be JUST AND THE JUSTIFIER of the person who has faith in Jesus. Christ did the justice spoken of.