ECT The disciples go blank on the death of Christ

God's Truth

Jesus IS on the throne in Jerusalem NOW.

Hebrews 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the New Covenant.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Jerry Shugart

Earlier I said:

The throne of the Lord Jesus will be in Jerusalem:

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem"
(Jer.3:17).​

To this you said:

Hahahahaha Jesus IS IN THE HEAVENLY city NOW, the heavenly city of Jerusalem NOW.

When we look at what follows the quote which i provided we see that there is a reference to the "land" which was given to the Israelites as an inheritance:

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers" (Jer.3:17-18).​

The land spoken of in this passage is the land which the LORD gave to Jacob and that land is on the present earth. It is sure not in the heavenly Jerusalem, as you would have us believe.

The following prophecy speaks of the same land and anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment knows that these events have not yet taken place:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people"
(Ez.37:25-27).​

Of course you must insist that prophecy has already been fulfilled but are you willing to argue that the land which the LORD gave to Jacob exists in the heavenly Jerusalem?

Hahahahaha!

God's Truth

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews is repeating a prophecy, a prophecy that was fulfilled by Jesus when he came.

Jesus accomplished what he came to do.

God's Truth

Earlier I said:

The throne of the Lord Jesus will be in Jerusalem:

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem"
(Jer.3:17).​

To this you said:

When we look at what follows the quote which i provided we see that there is a reference to the "land" which was given to the Israelites as an inheritance:

"At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers" (Jer.3:17-18).​

The land spoken of in this passage is the land which the LORD gave to Jacob and that land is on the present earth. It is sure not in the heavenly Jerusalem, as you would have us believe.

The following prophecy speaks of the same land and anyone with the slightest degree of spiritual discernment knows that these events have not yet taken place:

"Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have...Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people"
(Ez.37:25-27).​

Of course you must insist that prophecy has already been fulfilled but are you willing to argue that the land which the LORD gave to Jacob exists in the heavenly Jerusalem?

Hahahahaha!

God already gave all the earthly land promises.

Don't you understand how all the Prophets and the Law was about Jesus?

Don't you understand about anti types of Christ?

I can give you MANY scriptures that tell you that all the land promises were given, but you do not accept the scriptures.

I gave you a scripture that plainly says when we come to Jesus to be saved, we come to JERUSALEM.

What is so funny about you denying the truth?

God's Truth

When we come to Jesus to be saved, we come to his throne that is in Jerusalem now, heavenly Jerusalem.

When Jesus comes again, he will be on his throne and it will be the great white throne judgment time.

It will be at the resurrection of the dead, when all are judged, when some go to everlasting punishment.

Satan and death and hell will be thrown in the lake of fire.

That is when the last enemy is destroyed.

THEN a new earth will come and the heavenly city Jerusalem will COME DOWN TO EARTH, it is Jesus' bride, and all the saved are in her.

We will live forever with God and Jesus and it is when Jesus HANDS OVER THE KINGDOM to the Father.

Why do you ignore all that and say Jesus isn't ruling now and he is going to rule on an earthly rule and those who rejected him have a chance to be saved?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Hebrews is repeating a prophecy, a prophecy that was fulfilled by Jesus when he came.

Jesus accomplished what he came to do.
He is not finished, there is still more to do, as has already been pointed out to you (but you ignore).

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Christ is now seated at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne.
To be exalted to that position, there is no way that Christ could not be over every name and principality.

Nevertheless, Christ has not actualized His rule over a subjected nation of Israel from the throne of David nor over planet earth, which He is destined to do, and which He instructed His disciples to pray for.

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Christ is now sitting at GOD's right hand....henceforth expecting till...
which means it ain't all done....yet.

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
which is to come
not yet all things put under Him
expecting

God's Truth

He is not finished, there is still more to do, as has already been pointed out to you (but you ignore).

which is to come
expecting

You have said nothing.

You have not proved your falseness or disproved anything that I said.

Jesus IS SITTING on David's THRONE NOW.

Jesus IS sitting on a throne IN JERUSALEM NOW.

That is what the scriptures say.

That throne will be on earth, the new earth and it will be too late for anyone to repent.

God's Truth

All I had to do is prove with scripture that Jesus is sitting on the throne, the throne of Jerusalem, and I have done that.

God's Truth

Where is Interplanner?

He should be here encouraging me and contributing.

I hope to be able to come back soon.

I hope that what I said is accepted, and agreed with.

God's Truth

which is to come
expecting

All things have been put under Jesus but it is not seen for all.

Jesus has shown us that death is conquered, because he is alive, though he was dead.

I hope we can talk about this more. I want to talk about repent more.

Repent is a good thing to talk about, but I have been banned for talking about things instigated by others.

start a thread about repenting, or go to an existing one. Link me to it, thanks.

God's Truth

Interplanner, and all you who look but say nothing, come and encourage and support the truth. That is a commandment from God.

john w

Hall of Fame
Many people don't understand what happened to the disciples 'not understanding about the death of Christ and were afraid to ask about it.'

As others have already pointed out-No, it was hid from them.

You cannot "not understand" that of which you know NADA.

Thanks for backing up your assert/pound the podium/declare "victory!"/return to dusty books echo chamber with, as usual, no scriptural backing, Col. Klink.

SaulToPaul 2

As others have already pointed out-No, it was hid from them.

You cannot "not understand" that of which you know NADA.

Thanks for backing up your assert/pound the podium/declare "victory!"/return to dusty books echo chamber with, as usual, no scriptural backing, Col. Klink.

His commentaries "splain this away".

Luke 18:31-34 (KJV)

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't "get rid" of it. It gets fulfilled in Christ. don't you realize the title here is the same as Hebrews referring to Melchi Zedek? He does justice through the Gospel (Rom 3:26) and then in the NHNE it will be 'sight.'

The old reliable "It gets fulfilled in Christ" "Ace in the Hole" can be employed to answer any question.

Teach us. Please?

SaulToPaul 2

The old reliable "It gets fulfilled in Christ" "Ace in the Hole" can be employed to answer any question.

Teach us. Please?

Exactly, saint john. They cannot lose with that weapon in their arsenal.

It's a weapon based on misreading, Colossians 2:17 (KJV)

john w

Hall of Fame
Hahahahahha

Jesus is ON HIS THRONE now and it is a throne over Israel and above any throne.
No, biblical idiot-the Lord Jesus Christ is on God the Father's throne right now, on his right hand-The Saviour is not on His throne right now.Slower:The Lord Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God, therefore He is currently on God the Father's throne.

The Lord Jesus Christ's throne-on earth:

"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom." Mt. 20:21 KJV=will be on earth

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21 KJV

NOTICE: "my throne", ie., the Lord Jesus Christ's throne, is differentiated from His Fathers's throne-"his throne."

Again, the Lord Jesus Christ's throne-on earth:

"And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that
these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom." Mt. 20:21 KJV

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21 KJV

Vs.

God the Father's throne:

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he(God the Father-my note) raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places," Eph. 1:20 KJV

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:."
Eph. 1:3 KJV

"And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus..." Eph. 2:6 KJV

=Members of the body of Christ will sit with the Lord Jesus Christ in the heavenlies upon God the Father's throne, but kingdom members will sit upon the Lord Jesus Christ's throne on earth.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Father's throne is Jesus' throne.

Jesus sat on at the right hand of the Father.
No, it is not. You winged that, after downing a quart of MD 20/20.

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne,even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev. 3:21 KJV

NOTICE: "my throne", ie., the Lord Jesus Christ's throne, is differentiated from His Fathers's throne-"his throne."

God the Father's throne:

"Which he wrought in Christ, when he(God the Father-my note) raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places," Eph. 1:20 KJV

Biblical idiot.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

which is to come
expecting

That throne will be on earth
WILL BE. Just as scripture says it WILL BE, not IS ALREADY.
As my dear brother, Steko, has provided the scriptural truth of the matter.

Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Christ is now seated at the right hand of the Father in the Father's throne.
To be exalted to that position, there is no way that Christ could not be over every name and principality.

Nevertheless, Christ has not actualized His rule over a subjected nation of Israel from the throne of David nor over planet earth, which He is destined to do, and which He instructed His disciples to pray for.

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Christ is now sitting at GOD's right hand....henceforth expecting till...
which means it ain't all done....yet.

Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool