The Conditions for Receiving the Holy Spirit

God's Truth

Those my Christ lived and died for are reconciled to God and made righteous while they were enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10,19 that is Gods Grace!

God does not save unbelievers.

There is not one scripture anywhere that says God saves unbelievers.

beloved57

God does not save unbelievers.

There is not one scripture anywhere that says God saves unbelievers.

You don't know My Jesus Christ and God, My Jesus reconciled me to God while I was a enemy and unbeliever Rom 5:10 and I was made righteous vs 19 that is Grace!

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I trust only in the Word of God. The Word of God is God's words.

I trust in God's words so much so that I do everything he says even though I did not understand.

Now that is faith.

In a light bulb, electricity must be in place in order for light to occur. But, it is not true that light must in place for electricity to occur. The light is dependent on the electricity, not the electricity on the light. Therefore, the electricity is logically first. That is, it must be necessarily present in order for the resultant light to appear. However, the electricity is not temporally first because when the electricity is present, light is the necessary and simultaneous result. When two things are simultaneous, one does not have temporal priority over another. So, when the electricity is present, there is not a duration of time before light occurs. It occurs simultaneously with the presence of the electricity. This is the same with regeneration and faith. Regeneration must precede faith not in a temporal sense, but in a necessary sense. In must be in place in order for believing to occur, but it occurs simultaneously with regeneration. So, logically, regeneration is first. Temporally they are simultaneous.
Found at http://calvinistcorner.com/regeneration-precedes-faith.htm

Robert Pate

Banned
In a light bulb, electricity must be in place in order for light to occur. But, it is not true that light must in place for electricity to occur. The light is dependent on the electricity, not the electricity on the light. Therefore, the electricity is logically first. That is, it must be necessarily present in order for the resultant light to appear. However, the electricity is not temporally first because when the electricity is present, light is the necessary and simultaneous result. When two things are simultaneous, one does not have temporal priority over another. So, when the electricity is present, there is not a duration of time before light occurs. It occurs simultaneously with the presence of the electricity. This is the same with regeneration and faith. Regeneration must precede faith not in a temporal sense, but in a necessary sense. In must be in place in order for believing to occur, but it occurs simultaneously with regeneration. So, logically, regeneration is first. Temporally they are simultaneous.

The Bible does not teach that people are zapped with the Holy Spirit.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. (which is the Gospel)

"This only would I learn of you. Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" Galatians 3:2. (which is the Gospel)

Only those who hear and believe the Gospel receive the Holy Spirit.

Are you going to believe God's word or are you going to listen to a heretic?

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
The Bible does not teach that people are zapped with the Holy Spirit.

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17. (which is the Gospel)

"This only would I learn of you. Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" Galatians 3:2. (which is the Gospel)

Only those who hear and believe the Gospel receive the Holy Spirit.

Are you going to believe God's word or are you going to listen to a heretic?

:carryon:

God's Truth

You don't know My Jesus Christ and God, My Jesus reconciled me to God while I was a enemy and unbeliever Rom 5:10 and I was made righteous vs 19 that is Grace!

That scripture does not say unbelievers.

You do a sin such as that to defend your false beliefs.

God's Truth

Your analogy is not from God.

Faith is from God, from reading His powerful message, the Bible, the New Testament. It has the powerful message that saves. We do not get faith supernaturally, as many teach, but we get faith in a very human way, from reading the supernatural message!

Where does our faith come from? Our faith comes from HEARING the word, see Romans 10:17. From hearing the word and being TAUGHT, Colossians 1:5, 7. From continuing in what we have been CONVINCED of, see 2 Timothy 3:14, and being PERSUADED, 2 Corinthians 5:11.

In Acts 26:17 Jesus tells Paul he is sending him to the Jews and Gentiles to OPEN THEIR EYES and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. How do you think Paul is going to open the eyes of the Jews and the Gentiles? Remember, faith comes from hearing the word, and Jesus sent Paul to preach the gospel. 1 Corinthians 1:18 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel–not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Paul is going to open their eyes by preaching to them.

Read what Paul says in Romans 16:25-27. Now to him who is able to ESTABLISH YOU BY MY GOSPEL AND THE PROCLAMATION OF JESUS CHRIST, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and MADE KNOWN THROUGH THE PROPHETIC WRITINGS by the command of the eternal God, SO THAT ALL NATIONS MIGHT BELIEVE AND OBEY HIM–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Paul says that God made the prophetic writings known so that all nations might believe and obey. So again, the word of God tells us that faith comes from hearing. Here are more scriptures that explain how we have to HEAR the message that saves: Acts 8:31: 10:14; 11:14; 16:31; John 9:36; Ephesians 1:13; 4:21; Titus 1:3; Colossians 1:5; 1:23.

God's Truth

God does NOT save unbelievers.

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says God saves unbelievers.

Don't you want to only believe what God says?

Do you want the truth of some man, or do you want God's Truth?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God does not zap people with the Holy Spirit and make them Christians as Calvinist believe. Nor does God give his Holy Spirit to those who do good works such as Catholics.

Paul said to the Galatians, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? ( Hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel.

The minute that one hears and believes the Gospel God seals them with the Holy Spirit and places them "In Christ".

"In whom you also trusted after you had heard the word of truth, The Gospel of your salvation: in whom after that you believed you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

God only gives his Holy Spirit to those whom he sees as perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

The Gospel is the entrance into eternal life. God's mark of ownership is the Holy Spirit. In the judgment you will be identified by the Holy Spirit. If you are void of the Holy Spirit you are lost.

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT?

Good works are not evidence that one is indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Many are trying to work their way into heaven by their works or by being good enough.

Those that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit testify of Christ, John 15:26. They teach and preach the Gospel and are witnesses for Christ in what they say, do and believe. They are Christians.

They do not speak of themselves, John 16:13. Religious people are always talking about themselves and their religion. The Gospel is not about us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

They glorify Jesus Christ, John 16:14. Christ is glorified when the Gospel is preached. The religious glorify themselves. Religion is subjective, The Gospel of Jesus Christ is objective (outside of us).

Good post Pate

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
God does NOT save unbelievers.

There is no scripture anywhere in the Bible that says God saves unbelievers.

Don't you want to only believe what God says?

Do you want the truth of some man, or do you want God's Truth?

Did God save any sinful man:

-cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).
-is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23).
-does not seek for God (Rom. 3:11).
-is lawless, rebellious, unholy, and profane (1 Tim. 1:9).

????

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
No conditions. Come as you are (Jn 3:16).

“The Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel. The minute that one hears and believes the Gospel God seals them with the Holy Spirit and places them "In Christ".”
Yes, believe. Tell your household and they will be saved, too (Ac 16:31).

“If you are void of the Holy Spirit you are lost.”
That’s right. If you are his, it will show by good works. If you remain of the devil, those evil works will eventually be known, as well.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law (Ga 5:19–23).

God's Truth

Did God save any sinful man:
Of course, God saves sinful men, but they must believe and obey Him to be saved.

-cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).

That scripture is about the man who does not want to be saved, for it does not take understanding to obey. We get understanding AFTER we believe and obey.

I have many scriptures proving we do not have to understand to obey.

-is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23).
That scripture just tells us that sin starts from thoughts that you foster in your heart.

-does not seek for God (Rom. 3:11).

Paul was just quoting the old testament when God came no one searched for Him. Paul is just explaining that the Jews were God's children but sinned like disobedient Gentiles.

People did search for God. I have scriptures that prove it.

-is lawless, rebellious, unholy, and profane (1 Tim. 1:9).

????
That scripture is about good people obeying without a written law.

God's Truth

No conditions. Come as you are (Jn 3:16).

Yes, believe. Tell your household and they will be saved, too (Ac 16:31).

That’s right. If you are his, it will show by good works. If you remain of the devil, those evil works will eventually be known, as well.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law (Ga 5:19–23).

You never sought God, you merely believed the first doctrines you were taught.

Aimiel

John, the baptist was filled with The Holy Spirit while still in his mommy's belly. :think:

Robert Pate

Banned
God calls all people, but you still have to search for Him; even Solomon son of king David had to search for God.

That is not enough, for you have to have a heart in which Jesus wants to save; and Jesus says it is the heart that fears God and does right that he saves.

HOGWASH!

Some of those people that were saved on the day of Pentecost had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:23 and Acts 2:36.