The Conditions for Receiving the Holy Spirit

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Of course, God saves sinful men, but they must believe and obey Him to be saved.

That scripture is about the man who does not want to be saved, for it does not take understanding to obey. We get understanding AFTER we believe and obey.

I have many scriptures proving we do not have to understand to obey.

That scripture just tells us that sin starts from thoughts that you foster in your heart.

Paul was just quoting the old testament when God came no one searched for Him. Paul is just explaining that the Jews were God's children but sinned like disobedient Gentiles.

People did search for God. I have scriptures that prove it.

That scripture is about good people obeying without a written law.

Most of what you said sounds like traditions. The list goes on to prove total depravity that confirms regeneration precedes faith.

is man who:

- is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9).
- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23).
- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19).
- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12).
- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6).
- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1).
- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3).
- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).
- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

God's Truth

HOGWASH!

Some of those people that were saved on the day of Pentecost had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:23 and Acts 2:36.

How in the world do you think you disproved the written word of God that says we MUST SEEK HIM?

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Do you know how to seek God?

God's Truth

Most of what you said sounds like traditions. The list goes on to prove total depravity that confirms regeneration precedes faith.

The written word of God says that God searches our hearts.

If all were completely evil, then what is God searching hearts for?

John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

Acts 1:24
Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen

Romans 8:27
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.

Revelation 2:23
I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

1 Kings 8:39
then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart),

1 Chronicles 28:9
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Psalm 44:21
would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart?

Psalm 139:23
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Proverbs 17:3
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.

Jeremiah 11:20
But you, LORD Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause.

Robert Pate

Banned
How in the world do you think you disproved the written word of God that says we MUST SEEK HIM?

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Do you know how to seek God?

God finds us before we find him, Matthew 18:11.

False Prophet

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Joel 2:28
For whom?
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the LORD has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the LORD calls. Joel 2:32 ESV

Robert Pate

Banned
That scripture is about the lost sheep of Israel.

All are lost until they hear the message that saves, and BELIEVES AND OBEYS.

Actually all are born saved.

Somewhere in the early stages of childhood we make a decision to either follow Christ or follow the devil.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
The written word of God says that God searches our hearts.

If all were completely evil, then what is God searching hearts for?

John 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Jeremiah 17:10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve."

Acts 1:24
Then they prayed, "Lord, you know everyone's heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen

Romans 8:27
And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.

Revelation 2:23
I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

1 Kings 8:39
then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart),

1 Chronicles 28:9
"And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Psalm 44:21
would not God have discovered it, since he knows the secrets of the heart?

Psalm 139:23
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Proverbs 17:3
The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but the LORD tests the heart.

Jeremiah 11:20
But you, LORD Almighty, who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance on them, for to you I have committed my cause.

You're stuck into traditions agian. Some of those examples aren't indicative of morality or the hearts sinful condition - it just talks about mere information. Some other of those examples are spoken to people who have been born again and so they do have "good hearts" that actually do seek God.

But generally speaking, I think when God tells us that he's searching the hearts of men, it's to show everyone that people are completely without excuse. The same reason why the Books are open at the final judgment, although no one "passes" that judgment and enters eternal life. It's to demonstrate not just that God has spoken the truth but has "investigated" it as well.

God's Truth

You're stuck into traditions agian. Some of those examples aren't indicative of morality or the hearts sinful condition - it just talks about mere information. Some other of those examples are spoken to people who have been born again and so they do have "good hearts" that actually do seek God.

But generally speaking, I think when God tells us that he's searching the hearts of men, it's to show everyone that people are completely without excuse. The same reason why the Books are open at the final judgment, although no one "passes" that judgment and enters eternal life. It's to demonstrate not just that God has spoken the truth but has "investigated" it as well.

You are dismissing GOD's WORD and calling what the Word of God says as tradition.

God searches our hearts PROVES that there is more than just evil in everyone's heart.

whitestone

That is right! So give up your false beliefs that are NOWHERE in the Bible. No scripture anywhere says God saves unbelievers.

lol,look real close at Colossians 1:15 KJV It seems to me that our Savior was created before either the unbelievers or the believers. So if an Savior proceeds any of those who would afterward need salvation,who is this salvation intended to save?

God's Truth

lol,look real close at Colossians 1:15 KJV It seems to me that our Savior was created before either the unbelievers or the believers. So if an Savior proceeds any of those who would afterward need salvation,who is this salvation intended to save?

Come back to the point of what I said.

I said God does NOT save unbelievers. That means if anyone wants to be saved---THEY HAVE TO FIRST BELIEVE.

Calvinists say that God saves without our believing.

whitestone

Come back to the point of what I said.

I said God does NOT save unbelievers. That means if anyone wants to be saved---THEY HAVE TO FIRST BELIEVE.

Calvinists say that God saves without our believing.

but every-time I or someone else points out that at the beginning of creation,the firstborn of creation was and is your salvation you proceed into explaining how you think you were your own Savior and explain that you did this and that and thats how you became saved.

The error in this is this,if the one who was by description in Colossians 1:15 KJV both mine and your "Savior" and we decide that he was not,then we become our own "replacement Christ". That is we set aside the chief cornerstone and pretend that God formed us from the dust and set us into the earth to save our own self by our works.

In this same mind we confess that we are God. That is as we know Jesus is the image of the invisible God,and he is our Savior so the invisible God is also our Savior.

Again if we think that God has formed us from the dust and breathed life into us and we are then born into our lifetimes to save our own-selves we perceive that we are Christ and/or our own saviors. This is the very mind of Antichrist for one to say that he is the Savior when the true Savior is the firstborn of creation.

God's Truth

but every-time I or someone else points out that at the beginning of creation,the firstborn of creation was and is your salvation you proceed into explaining how you think you were your own Savior and explain that you did this and that and thats how you became saved.
The first born of all creation does not mean you were saved then.
The error in this is this,if the one who was by description in Colossians 1:15 KJV both mine and your "Savior" and we decide that he was not,then we become our own "replacement Christ". That is we set aside the chief cornerstone and pretend that God formed us from the dust and set us into the earth to save our own self by our works.
It is your error since you believe you were saved before you were ever born.

In this same mind we confess that we are God. That is as we know Jesus is the image of the invisible God,and he is our Savior so the invisible God is also our Savior.

Again if we think that God has formed us from the dust and breathed life into us and we are then born into our lifetimes to save our own-selves we perceive that we are Christ and/or our own saviors. This is the very mind of Antichrist for one to say that he is the Savior when the true Savior is the firstborn of creation.
We have to obey Jesus, the Word of God, if we want to be saved. You were not saved before you were saved. That is illogical and not scriptural

I believe in coming to realize one has sinned, a repentance, and a belief that Christ has died for our sins.

"The time has come,' he said. 'The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!" (Mark 1:15)

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life" (1 John 5:13).

Good, to the point answer. And it is the lack of repentance that, so sadly, will cause the "easy believer" to stumble at the Cornerstone and be crushed.

It would seem so very obvious the Lord does not and would not save those who've not repented, will not save anybody who's not had a change of mind and come to agreement with God over sin and the need for a Savior. Save somebody who continues to love the things of the world, who does not even agree with Him? Save one who isn't really even seeking the things of God, with a repentant heart? Give an unrepentant child of the devil the Holy Spirit? Bring an unrepentant child of the devil into the kingdom of heaven? And the Lord knows who the lip-service phonies are (Hebrews 4:12).

There's a whole class of "Christian" "professors, who are not possessors." Otherwise known as virgins without oil in their lamps, not really born again of the Holy Spirit. You'll notice, like "sin" or "hell," how "repentance" is also a dirty word in the Laodicean mega churches, teaching a false gospel of the world that does not, that cannot, really save anybody.

Be warned, Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Definition - Repentance is the work of God which results in a change of mind in respect to man's relationship to God. It is neither sorrow nor penance, though penitent sorrow may lead to a change of mind. Repentance is always an element of saving faith, and repentance involves remorseful acknowledgement of and agreement with God as to our sinful state and need of salvation, a realization of our vile, unclean condition before a God of absolute holiness.

Luke 18

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 2:37-38 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

"When you get saved, you get saved not because you deserve it, but because you simply let God save you and because you confess your own poor sinful state and your inability to save yourself." Dr. John R. Rice

"Repentance is the recognition of my sinnership — the owning before God that I am as vile as He has declared me to be in His holy Word." Pastor Harry Ironside

Salvation is not touching your TV for Billy Graham, then off, as usual, for drinks all around at the bar, "get out of hell free" card in your back pocket.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

whitestone

you set in the temple of God 1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV and confess that your are the Savior,that you are God. You say that God formed you and set you forth to save yourself by works. You say that he did not save you and that he was not created before every man the one true Savior. This is an cornerstone you will repent of,and you will not have peace nor salvation until you repent of it.

God's Truth

you set in the temple of God 1 Corinthians 6:19 KJV and confess that your are the Savior,that you are God. You say that God formed you and set you forth to save yourself by works. You say that he did not save you and that he was not created before every man the one true Savior. This is an cornerstone you will repent of,and you will not have peace nor salvation until you repent of it.

You go on saying any lie.

Start caring about the Truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
Good, to the point answer. And it is the lack of repentance that, so sadly, will cause the "easy believer" to stumble at the Cornerstone and be crushed.

It would seem so very obvious the Lord does not and would not save those who've not repented, will not save anybody who's not had a change of mind and come to agreement with God over sin and the need for a Savior. Save somebody who continues to love the things of the world, who does not even agree with Him? Save one who isn't really even seeking the things of God, with a repentant heart? Give an unrepentant child of the devil the Holy Spirit? Bring an unrepentant child of the devil into the kingdom of heaven? And the Lord knows who the lip-service phonies are (Hebrews 4:12).

There's a whole class of "Christian" "professors, who are not possessors." Otherwise known as virgins without oil in their lamps, not really born again of the Holy Spirit. You'll notice, like "sin" or "hell," how "repentance" is also a dirty word in the Laodicean mega churches, teaching a false gospel of the world that does not, that cannot, really save anybody.

Be warned, Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Definition - Repentance is the work of God which results in a change of mind in respect to man's relationship to God. It is neither sorrow nor penance, though penitent sorrow may lead to a change of mind. Repentance is always an element of saving faith, and repentance involves remorseful acknowledgement of and agreement with God as to our sinful state and need of salvation, a realization of our vile, unclean condition before a God of absolute holiness.

Luke 18

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 2:37-38 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

"When you get saved, you get saved not because you deserve it, but because you simply let God save you and because you confess your own poor sinful state and your inability to save yourself." Dr. John R. Rice

"Repentance is the recognition of my sinnership — the owning before God that I am as vile as He has declared me to be in His holy Word." Pastor Harry Ironside

Salvation is not touching your TV for Billy Graham, then off, as usual, for drinks all around at the bar, "get out of hell free" card in your back pocket.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Best post of the day.