The Conditions for Receiving the Holy Spirit

God's Truth

Still stubbornly ignorant of the mystery, huh?

'all Israel' is not 'all true believers'.

Israel is Israel throughout the Scriptures.
The definition of the word does not change except in the case of the divided kingdom distinguishing the northern kingdom from the southern kingdom.

Christ went to the cross once and for all to bear sin.

It isn't a mystery anymore because the all the apostles preached it and explained it.

It makes no difference about northern and southern.

You are speaking of earthly things.

Do you really need to be taught about that?

God's Truth

Peter, the apostle that the MAD group dismisses...he taught the mystery.

1 Peter 1:10-12 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

2 Peter 1:19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
It isn't a mystery anymore because the all the apostles preached it and explained it.

Paul explains it and it's not a mystery if one understands Paul.

It makes no difference about northern and southern.

It did at the time.

You are speaking of earthly things.

I am speaking of the true history of the nation of Israel and specifically the Scriptural use of the term 'Israel', about which you are confused.

Do you really need to be taught about that?

Nope.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter, the apostle that the MAD group dismisses...he taught the mystery.

1 Peter 1:10-12 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

2 Peter 1:19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Peter is not referring to the mystery which Paul speaks of in Ro 11, of which he desires you and other gentiles to not be ignorant of.

God's Truth

Paul explains it and it's not a mystery if one understands Paul.
Peter explained the mystery too.

It did at the time.
A part of the mystery is that earthly things do not matter.

I am speaking of the true history of the nation of Israel and specifically the Scriptural use of the term 'Israel', about which you are confused.
You are confused.

The earth is going to be destroyed; and human descent no longer matters. So then, what does northern and southern have to do with anything? What does blood relations have to do with anything?

I will tell you, it matters like...NOTHING.

whitestone

Christ saved you on the cross at Calvary over 1900 years ago. If you say "I was saved when I was(___),,thats when I did(___)" and put anything in those two blanks you are your own Savior,an Antichrist.

God's Truth

Christ saved you on the cross at Calvary over 1900 years ago. If you say "I was saved when I was(___),,thats when I did(___)" and put anything in those two blanks you are your own Savior,an Antichrist.

Jesus shed his blood on the cross for the sins of the world, but you do not get to enter that grace unless you have living faith, and that is faith with obedience.

See Romans 5:2.

whitestone

Jesus shed his blood on the cross for the sins of the world, but you do not get to enter that grace unless you have living faith, and that is faith with obedience.

See Romans 5:2.

so you don't believe that you were saved by Christ himself on the cross?

God's Truth

so you don't believe that you were saved by Christ himself on the cross?

No one has access to that grace until they have living faith.

Romans 5:2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.

God's Truth

She thinks she is that ONE. It's her own obedience she trusts in. Romans 5:19KJV

I trust only in the Word of God. The Word of God is God's words.

I trust in God's words so much so that I do everything he says even though I did not understand.

Now that is faith.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are MADE perfect. We do not become perfect.

You said, "Because we are born after Adam we continue to fall short of what is required, which is perfection."

If we are made perfect how do we fall short of perfection?