The Conditions for Receiving the Holy Spirit

God's Truth

Over and over they deny the blood of the cross. They cannot believe it,they hear it preached but believe it they will not. They do not understand they are the temple of God and that when they close their eyes and are in that corner they confess "I am God ,I am the Christ,I am mine own Savior".

They boldly say they were saved by their own works. They have all the works to be preformed set in order in their minds and have their bodies fulfill it. They are Antichrist,they hold their works in higher esteem than the lords cross.

We are not to do our works we do God's works.

Jesus' words are Spirit and life.

How are you going to have life if you do not do what the Word says?

How are you going to eat Jesus if you do not obey?

beloved57

God does not zap people with the Holy Spirit and make them Christians as Calvinist believe. Nor does God give his Holy Spirit to those who do good works such as Catholics.

Paul said to the Galatians, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (Because you did something) or by the hearing of faith? ( Hearing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

The Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel.

The minute that one hears and believes the Gospel God seals them with the Holy Spirit and places them "In Christ".

"In whom you also trusted after you had heard the word of truth, The Gospel of your salvation: in whom after that you believed you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise" Ephesians 1:13.

God only gives his Holy Spirit to those whom he sees as perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10.

The Gospel is the entrance into eternal life. God's mark of ownership is the Holy Spirit. In the judgment you will be identified by the Holy Spirit. If you are void of the Holy Spirit you are lost.

WHAT IS THE EVIDENCE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT?

Good works are not evidence that one is indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Many are trying to work their way into heaven by their works or by being good enough.

Those that are indwelt with the Holy Spirit testify of Christ, John 15:26. They teach and preach the Gospel and are witnesses for Christ in what they say, do and believe. They are Christians.

They do not speak of themselves, John 16:13. Religious people are always talking about themselves and their religion. The Gospel is not about us, the Gospel is about Jesus Christ.

They glorify Jesus Christ, John 16:14. Christ is glorified when the Gospel is preached. The religious glorify themselves. Religion is subjective, The Gospel of Jesus Christ is objective (outside of us).

The Holy Spirit is given to all for whom Christ died and redeemed by His Blood Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

One cannot hear the Gospel, Gods word, unless they have been born of God, Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
When you were convicted of your sins, did you repent of them?

All who come to Christ as repent sinners receive the Holy Spirit.

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that causes him to repent.

However, repentance is on going through out the life of the believer. He never reaches the place where he thinks that he has finally arrived.

Because we are born after Adam we continue to fall short of what is required, which is perfection.

beloved57

It is the Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer that causes him to repent.

However, repentance is on going through out the life of the believer. He never reaches the place where he thinks that he has finally arrived.

Because we are born after Adam we continue to fall short of what is required, which is perfection.

False comment ! The natural man in the flesh cannot come to God, his heart is permanently unrepentant, incapable of it Rom 2:5

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

All men by nature have a stony hard heart Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

In the Greek the word "perfection" refers to maturity.

...to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect... (Hebrews 12:23 NKJV)​

Robert Pate

Banned
In the Greek the word "perfection" refers to maturity.

...to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect... (Hebrews 12:23 NKJV)​

We are MADE perfect. We do not become perfect.

"For as by one man's disobedience (Adam) many were MADE sinners, so by the obedience of one (Christ) shall many shall be MADE righteous" Romans 5:19.

Christ is our righteousness.

Robert Pate

Banned
False comment ! The natural man in the flesh cannot come to God, his heart is permanently unrepentant, incapable of it Rom 2:5

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

All men by nature have a stony hard heart Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

This is why you are lost.

The natural man can hear and believe the Gospel. God does not create reprobates as you seem to believe.

That would make God unjust.

God's Truth

And after you obeyed Jesus and humbled yourself and repented of your sins, you also feared God, forgave others, and called on Jesus to help you stop some of those sins, right?

Since you are no longer of the man Adam, and hence no longer of the flesh, you obey, right?

God's Truth

Robert Pate claims he is still born after the flesh and not of the Spirit.

John 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

You need to be born of the Spirit.

beloved57

This is why you are lost.

The natural man can hear and believe the Gospel. God does not create reprobates as you seem to believe.

That would make God unjust.

Sorry, pal, man by nature has a stony hard unrepentant heart, nothing you can do about it, must be born again to repent !

beloved57

The only condition to receive the Holy Spirit is for Christ to have died for you! His death provides the gift of the Holy Spirit it is part of his death accomplishment! He is given freely with Christ Rom 8:34!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was letting the believers know that the Jews were not cut off forever...that within the Jewish community---there are true believers who will come out of her and will be saved. It must have seemed as if God cut off all Jews forever. If God had cut off all Jews forever, then SOME TRUE BELIEVERS will be cut off forever. Since that is not the case---all Israel (meaning all true believers) will be saved, because not a whole race of people is cut off.

The Jews can be saved now just as the Gentiles can be saved.

When Jesus comes again, it will not be to bear sin, so then, it will be too late for anyone not yet saved.

Still stubbornly ignorant of the mystery, huh?

'all Israel' is not 'all true believers'.

Israel is Israel throughout the Scriptures.
The definition of the word does not change except in the case of the divided kingdom distinguishing the northern kingdom from the southern kingdom.

Christ went to the cross once and for all to bear sin for all those who would believe on Him.

Robert Pate

Banned
And after you obeyed Jesus and humbled yourself and repented of your sins, you also feared God, forgave others, and called on Jesus to help you stop some of those sins, right?

Since you are no longer of the man Adam, and hence no longer of the flesh, you obey, right?

All who come to Christ as repentant sinners receive the Holy Spirit.

They are sealed with the Holy Spirit and are in Christ, Ephesians 1:13. There is no unsealing.

God now sees them "In Christ". Colossians 3:3.

Because we have only receieved the "First fruits" of the Spirit, Romans 8:23. We are not fully sanctified yet.

This is why Paul said, "For this corruptible (Us) must put on incorruption and this mortal must put on immortality" 1 Corinthians 15:53.

We have not arrived yet.

Robert Pate

Banned
Sorry, pal, man by nature has a stony hard unrepentant heart, nothing you can do about it, must be born again to repent !

Then your God is an unjust, unmerciful, unrightious tyrant that delights in sending people to hell.

This is why you can't trust him.