The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Selective standards are earned.

So the actions of a few are good enough to hold others--even those with only a passing similarity to the few--to the same standard?

Who else would you apply these "standards" to and on what basis?

This was hardly pre-emptive. The student presented with a device that was odd and he was told to not plug it in but he did it anyway.

Well, no. He went to a few different classrooms and on his fourth or fifth ran into an English teacher (because of course) who was befuddled by the clock. The teachers knew he didn't have a bomb. The cops knew he didn't have a bomb. Which begs the question: Why did these imbeciles call the cops in the first place?

Brother Vinny

It is worth noting that the Ahmed's big scary clock only "looks like a bomb" to those who have been inculcated by Hollywood's version of what explosive timers are supposed to look like. We've been trained to believe that a time-bomb will have an externally-visible interface counting down to the expected event, often played up for dramatic purposes so we're aware of just how much time is left or how closely our hero averted disaster.

In the real world, time bombs usually do not have sophisticated visual interfaces.

Brother Vinny

So the actions of a few are good enough to hold others--even those with only a passing similarity to the few--to the same standard?

Wait, she's right. Every ethnic group and creed (or, in your case, Granite, non-creed) needs to be treated as suspect for the activities the worst of their kind have to offer.

It's the only way to make the world a better place.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Wait, she's right. Every ethnic group and creed (or, in your case, Granite, non-creed) needs to be treated as suspect for the activities the worst of their kind have to offer.

It's the only way to make the world a better place.

And then we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.:DK:

bybee

It is worth noting that the Ahmed's big scary clock only "looks like a bomb" to those who have been inculcated by Hollywood's version of what explosive timers are supposed to look like. We've been trained to believe that a time-bomb will have an externally-visible interface counting down to the expected event, often played up for dramatic purposes so we're aware of just how much time is left or how closely our hero averted disaster.

In the real world, time bombs usually do not have sophisticated visual interfaces.

In the real world we don't know what has hit us until it hits us....
This asinine little event has been blown out of all proportion. But then when Liberals take up a cause they go for the jugular of those they vilify!
How is your particular windmill any different from mine?

Granite

Hall of Fame

A teenager brings a clock to school and people freak.

Rambos walk around with carbines and people talk about the Bill of Rights.

You really wanna get comfy with profiling people? Well, batter up.

Last edited:

Sitamun

only if they have children

Oh please. If the concern is for the children, why didn't they evacuate the school?

Your tired line of protecting the children, or one obviously must NOT have children to hold a certain viewpoint.

Guess what? My father holds the same view on the situation as I do, as does my brother, as do other parents. So please spare us the tired, "You must not be a parent" schtick, it's getting really old.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Oh please. If the concern is for the children, why didn't they evacuate the school?

Your tired line of protecting the children, or one obviously must NOT have children to hold a certain viewpoint.

Guess what? My father holds the same view on the situation as I do, as does my brother, as do other parents. So please spare us the tired, "You must not be a parent" schtick, it's getting really old.

do you have children?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
no but I have children and grandchildren
and
I now what it is all about when it comes to protecting them

don't you?

In case you're ignoring my point: by your logic, your requiring someone to be a parent before you're willing to listen to anything they have to say on this subject means that by your standard, for anyone to listen to you about abortion, you'd have to be a woman capable of bearing children.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
In case you're ignoring my point: by your logic, your requiring someone to be a parent before you're willing to listen to anything they have to say on this subject means that by your standard, for anyone to listen to you about abortion, you'd have to be a woman capable of bearing children.

I didn't say that
you shouldn't have to take cheap shots
if
you have an argument

so do you have an argument?

do you think the kid is innocent?
do you think his parents were ignorant of what was going on?

answer those questions
and
please no more cheap shots

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I didn't say that

Then why do you keep asking people if they're parents?

you shouldn't have to take cheap shots

It's not a cheap shot, and I think you know that.

if
you have an argument

so do you have an argument?

do you think the kid is innocent?
do you think his parents were ignorant of what was going on?

answer those questions
and
please no more cheap shots

I'll tell you what I think when you acknowledge that what I said wasn't a cheap shot.

OCTOBER23

THE MOSLEMS WANT TO CONVERT THE USA AND THE WORLD BY

INFILTRATING THE GOVERNMENTS AND COLLEGES ETC.

WATCH OUT THAT YOU BE NOT DECEIVED !!

Only 9 years left until All Evil Moslems are Judged.

rexlunae

I am citing things that are happening now wherever Islamic terrorists choose to operate. The Muslim Doctor who opened fire on unarmed young recruits for instance. The Islamic terrorist who was subdued by three American citizens on a train in France. He was heavily armed and had he not been subdued hundreds of innocents would have died.

You're picking out the worst things that Muslims do in the world and applying a form of collective responsibility based on that extremely biased sample to an innocent kid in Texas. It's absolutely disgraceful.

How would you feel if Christians were judged by the worst things Christians have done anywhere in the world?

We have every right to be suspicious based on daily episodes of hateful behavior.

Does that justify arresting a kid for something that everyone knew wasn't a bomb and that he never claimed was a bomb?