The Clock Ticks (Ahmed Mohamed's clock bomb)

Caledvwlch

So you've moved the goal posts eh? Now just being a parent isn't good enough, now it's school aged, what next, must be a parent of a teen? A teen that lives in Texas? Where will it stop?

You must be the actual parents of this actual teen. That works.

Sitamun

I see you are confused
sorry if I am going too fast for you
you may have to go to texas
if
you need a job
but
don't go there
if
you want your son to bring a bomb to school

No, it seems you are now the one whom seems confused. I will make it easy for you.

First you said to those thinking the authorities overstepped, that we must not be parents, or at least we were bad parents who don't care for the safety of our children.

TH replied giving an answer you didn't like and thus you wrote him off since his son is not yet school age.

My question was, where shall you move your GOALPOSTS next?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, it seems you are now the one whom seems confused. I will make it easy for you.

First you said to those thinking the authorities overstepped, that we must not be parents, or at least we were bad parents who don't care for the safety of our children.

TH replied giving an answer you didn't like and thus you wrote him off since his son is not yet school age.

My question was, where shall you move your GOALPOSTS next?

I am not confused
I am satisfied with what the teachers and police did
we may not hear about it
but
the parents will be grilled about what happened
and
I hold them responsible

Sitamun

I am not confused
we may not hear about it
but
and
I hold them responsible

You hold them responsible for what exactly? Aiding and abetting the making of a clock?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I am not confused
we may not hear about it
but
and
I hold them responsible

Yep, let's interrogate people when their kids get picked on and don't break the law. No way this could ever go wrong.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Yep, let's interrogate people when their kids get picked on and don't break the law. No way this could ever go wrong.

"I recommend using this opportunity to talk with your child about the Student Code of Conduct and specifically not bringing items to school that are prohibited. Also, this is a good time to remind your child how important it is to immediately report any suspicious items and/or suspicious behavior they observe to any school employee so we can address it right away. We will always take necessary precautions to protect our students."

This Charming Manc

Sounds like some moron of a jobsworth trying to justify the unjustifiable.

The teachers were stupid and wrong in this instance, I thought you would be happy about that.

"I recommend using this opportunity to talk with your child about the Student Code of Conduct and specifically not bringing items to school that are prohibited. Also, this is a good time to remind your child how important it is to immediately report any suspicious items and/or suspicious behavior they observe to any school employee so we can address it right away. We will always take necessary precautions to protect our students."

Granite

Hall of Fame

http://time.com/4036240/ahmed-mohamed-bomb-clock-principal-letter/

Drop a link next time. And sending a letter to parents isn't the same as "grilling" them.

Also: "The Student Code of Conduct prohibits students from possessing, among other items, 'any articles not generally considered to be weapons, including school supplies, when the principal or designee determines that a danger exists.'"

So: What danger existed? They knew it wasn't a bomb.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If they thought it was a bomb and called police, why didn't they evacuate the school?

They wanted to single this kid out and give him a hard time, but knew he posed no actual threat. Given the facts, this makes the most sense.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If they thought it was a bomb and called police, why didn't they evacuate the school?

Beats me, the parents of the student in question wont allow the full story to be known, citing him being a minor. They only want their side known.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

They wanted to single this kid out and give him a hard time, but knew he posed no actual threat. Given the facts, this makes the most sense.

:think: THAT is odd ... and IF they truly believed it was a bomb, those responsible for not calling the police should be fired.
Keep in mind.... we are talking about government run schools. They are not that bright.

But even still... I'm glad the teacher took some action. If my kid was in that class I would be thankful.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Keep in mind.... we are talking about government run schools. They are not that bright.

But even still... I'm glad the teacher took some action. If my kid was in that class I would be thankful.

Well, I will say the English teacher who started this entire kerfuffle's a real flake.

So they were clever enough to foil a possible "test run" by some kind of terror cell that chose to operate in one of the most ill-conceived locations in America, but stupid enough not to evacuate their school building.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yeah, clearly: The English teacher who started this entire kerfuffle's a real flake.

So they were clever enough to foil a possible "test run" by some kind of terror cell that chose to operate in one of the most ill-conceived locations in America, but stupid enough not to evacuate their school building.

Borrowed this from another thread, do tell what exactly is different between them and how you believe an english teacher, should know the difference - explain in detail and show us the explosives in the picture with an actual bomb.

attachment.php