ECT The "Church" at Acts 2 Was Not the Body of Christ

God's Truth

According to what you said you think that the "good news" (gospel) that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is the same "good news" (gospel) that Jesus died for our sins.

You have lost all touch with reality.

I will no longer waste any more time with you.

I will continue to speak the truth about Jesus, God willing.

The good news is that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God who takes away the sins of the world.

Matthew 9:6 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, take your mat and go home.”
Matthew 26:28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”

Mark 2:7 “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”

Luke 1:77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

Luke 5:20 When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”

God's Truth

According to what you said you think that the "good news" (gospel) that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, is the same "good news" (gospel) that Jesus died for our sins.

You have lost all touch with reality.

I will no longer waste any more time with you.

Jesus takes away the sins of the world was preached by in the beginning of the New Testament.

John 1:25 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

beloved57

Jesus takes away the sins of the world was preached by in the beginning of the New Testament.

John 1:25 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

God takes away the sins of Israel Rom 11:26-27 !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Of course, it is the same, for ONLY GOD CAN FORGIVE SINS ONCE AND FOR ALL.

And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any they are forgiven them, if you retain the sins of any they are retained." (John 20:22-23 NKJV)​

This was before Pentecost.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Does someone want to explain to me how anything on this page (6) supports or objects to the point made by the original post?

That's easy, the apostles were part of the body of Christ. It was through Christ that the apostles had the ability to forgive sins. They didn't do it of their own power.

God's Truth

And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any they are forgiven them, if you retain the sins of any they are retained." (John 20:22-23 NKJV)​

This was before Pentecost.

That is right. The Apostles received the Holy Spirit before Pentecost.

They received power on the day of Pentecost to preach the gospel.

Just as I believe Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit, he had the Holy Spirit before he was born; yet, he did not receive the Holy Spirit with power until his baptism by John.

John the baptizer had the Holy Spirit even before he was born, so Jesus, God in the flesh, had the Holy Spirit too before he was born.

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

StanJ

That's easy, the apostles were part of the body of Christ. It was through Christ that the apostles had the ability to forgive sins. They didn't do it of their own power.

Sorry that was not what Jesus was telling them. He was showing that people who sinned against them must be forgiven otherwise their sin would remain in effect, thereby effecting both the recipient and the sinner.

Jerry Shugart

Does someone want to explain to me how anything on this page (6) supports or objects to the point made by the original post?

Good observation Jordan.

When they have no answer to my original post they want to talk about anything and everything other than the subject of my initial post.

At least StanJ had the courage to discuss the actual subject of this thread.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry that was not what Jesus was telling them. He was showing that people who sinned against them must be forgiven otherwise their sin would remain in effect, thereby effecting both the recipient and the sinner.

That is not what Peter preached.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
and that would be....?

Then Peter said to them, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38 NKJV)

Peter said that we should be baptized by the authority of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and then we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then Peter said to them, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 2:38 NKJV)

Peter said that we should be baptized by the authority of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and then we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Yes,
Paul preached the same, only those truly sent do preach it.

Christ does not send men to preach anything different as the way of salvation than what Peter preached on the day of Pentecost in Acts ch 2.

as Paul preached--

Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

LA

StanJ

Not the same issue Jamie. Peter is talking to Jews in Jerusalem from all over the world. If I recall correctly, at least 15 different countries. Not the same as Jesus was dealing with in John 20:23, which was AFTER He rose from the dead and instructed His Apostles.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not the same issue Jamie. Peter is talking to Jews in Jerusalem from all over the world. If I recall correctly, at least 15 different countries. Not the same as Jesus was dealing with in John 20:23, which was AFTER He rose from the dead and instructed His Apostles.

Yes, Jesus asked his apostles to preach to the Jews first. This is what Peter did, he preached to the Jews first before he went to Cornelius.

The reason there were Jews from various countries in Jerusalem that day is because this was one of the three annual pilgrimage festivals.