The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

It cancels death the wage for sin !

It cancels death the wage for sin !

Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

All for whom Christ died [The Gift of God Jn 4:10], His Death for them paid the penalty of their sins, hence for them canceling or abolishing for them death, and hence its only Just with God that they should be delivered from death [which is the consequences of their sins], that is Spiritual Death, and Spiritual Darkness, and Unbelief; Now Understand something, for anyone He died for to remain in sin/unbelief, means that His death was ineffectual, failed to cancel and abolish death which we know His Death did 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

That word abolished also means loosed from as in Rom 7:2

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed G2673 from the law of her husband.

Thats what Christ's death did for all whom He died, it loosed them from the law of Spiritual death, so for anyone Christ died for to remain in spiritual death and unbelief and darkness, it means His Death failed to abolish death, nor did it prevail with God in fully Satisfying His Law and Justice on their behalf, since they are not delivered from death and its consequences !

republicanchick

Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

smacks of Calvinism

Jesus died for ALL, all those who accept him and love him and try to follow him (If you TRY, you will)

The atonement gave us a Church, but many still hate it

No, wait... many do NOT hate the Church. As Archbishop Fulton Sheen said, there are not many who hate the Church but there are [millions?] who hate what they THINK is the Church

+

beloved57

smacks of Calvinism

Jesus died for ALL, all those who accept him and love him and try to follow him (If you TRY, you will)

The atonement gave us a Church, but many still hate it

No, wait... many do NOT hate the Church. As Archbishop Fulton Sheen said, there are not many who hate the Church but there are [millions?] who hate what they THINK is the Church

+

Worthless post which evaded my points !

Nanja

somehow I rather doubt that..

But there is always hope.

Pray the rosary

+

Many false religions pray on beads, but that is a false hope.
And like you, they have all been deceived 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is,
when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they
that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

~~~~~

beloved57

Many false religions pray on beads, but that is a false hope.
And like you, they have all been deceived 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is,
when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they
that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

~~~~~
Amen, didn't God bringing you out of that mess in rc ?

Nanja

Amen, didn't God bringing you out of that mess in rc ?

Yes He did. I was raised and schooled in it for years.
And not only did He bring me out from rcc,
but every other whore church, too.

What a Loving and Merciful Almighty Father we serve!

~~~~~

beloved57

Yes He did. I was raised and schooled in it for years.
And not only did He bring me out from rcc,
but every other whore church, too.

What a Loving and Merciful Almighty Father we serve!

~~~~~

Merry Christmas to you ! And God delivered me from false teaching and religion ! I once believed a person had to be water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to get saved, based on a faulty understanding of Acts 2:38 !

Nanja

Merry Christmas to you ! And God delivered me from false teaching and religion ! I once believed a person had to be water baptized in the name of Jesus Christ to get saved, based on a faulty understanding of Acts 2:38 !

And Merry Christmas to you too, Brother!

Praise God! That's the reason the teachings in your threads are so Scripturally Sound!

With regard to Baptism, I made a note of your excellent teaching on that subject:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69207&page=40#586

I believe that Rcc still teaches the lie that baptizing, even infants, is what causes one to become born again!

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

With regard to Baptism, I made a note of your excellent teaching on that subject:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...07&page=40#586

Oh Yeah, God has brought my understanding of Acts 2:38 from a long way. Thats was back in the mid 70's about 1976-77 when I believed in Salvation by water baptism !

I believe that Rcc still teaches the lie that baptizing, even infants, is what causes one to become born again!

You know, if we look thorough enough we can find that the majority of false religions in the protestant community are derived from Rcc some kind of way !

Nanja

nanja

Oh Yeah, God has brought my understanding of Acts 2:38 from a long way. Thats was back in the mid 70's about 1976-77 when I believed in Salvation by water baptism !

You know, if we look thorough enough we can find that the majority of false religions in the protestant community are derived from Rcc some kind of way !

Yeah, no doubt. They're her whore daughters, to one extent or another.
They broke away but carried some Rcc baggage with them!

I left Rcc around '75. Then went to a couple of Baptist, Assembly of God,
Church of God, and the very last church I attended was a non-denom.
which God pulled me out of in around '86.

~~~~~

beloved57

nanja

I left Rcc around '75. Then went to a couple of Baptist, Assembly of God,
Church of God, and the very last church I attended was a non-denom.
which God pulled me out of in around '86.

Yeah a road similar to mine, attended many different churches, however God never gave me peace at any of them !

Nanja

nanja

Yeah a road similar to mine, attended many different churches, however God never gave me peace at any of them !

I can say the same. And especially the last one: had some occult
goings on, and a huge sex scandal was revealed. No peace there!

~~~~

beloved57

Must be made Alive !

Must be made Alive !

All for whom Christ died [and rose again ]must be made alive through His Death, to be made His Living fruit, or His Living Seed, or scripture has bared a false witness to what should be the effects of His Death, as here Jn 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Now understand something, the Corn of wheat represents Christ ! And what happens when that Corn of wheat dies ? It brings forth much fruit !

The words bringeth forth as in bringeth forth much fruit, its the word pheró and actually means in this context to produce ! To produce equally means:

To cause, create, beget, author, it even means to procreate or to give life to, give living offspring !

Remember Paul wrote of Christ as a what in 1 Cor 15:45

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam[Christ] was made a quickening spirit.

or it can read as the ASV renders it:

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Hence Christ's death alone, for them He died for, was victorious over sin, death and hell, and so His resurrection from the dead proves it or evidences it, and because Christ was also the Kinsmen Redeemer for those He died for, His Resurrection from the dead shall cause them to be resurrected from the dead, or to be born again, and is what Peter means by 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This verse is a confirmation of what John 12:24 means about Christ's dying shall bring forth much fruit, to be begotten again !

Hence its impossible for anyone Christ died for, whom He represented on the Cross, whose sins were charged to Him upon that Tree, its impossible for any one of them not to be born again by His Resurrection, or else that will make scripture testimony to come to nought, especially the Truth of Jn 12:24 ! Those who are born again by His Resurrection are the Travail of His Soul Isa 53:11, the fruit He speaks of in Jn 12:24, The Seed or Offspring of Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

The Body must be made alive through the Head !