The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?

beloved57

Can you show in my writings in this thread particularly where you can honestly assume/deduce such? I'd read more carefully and keep an open inquiring mind to understand clearly what the other is presenting. Again, you cannot prove anywhere here, where my challenging various concepts of 'atonement' somehow equates a 'disbelief' in God. Such is a non-sensical irrational assumption.

pj

Everything you have written, just read your posts !

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Perfection of Being ever present

Perfection of Being ever present

Everything you have written, just read your posts !

My posts stand as written, yes,...and they do not anywhere in regards to 'atonement' deny or preclude the existence of 'God', since 'God' is an ever-present reality and Love that is ever-available, as long as one can respond or turn to that reality.

pj

beloved57

My posts stand as written, yes,...and they do not anywhere in regards to 'atonement' deny or preclude the existence of 'God', since 'God' is an ever-present reality and Love that is ever-available, as long as one can respond or turn to that reality.

pj

Every one of your posts in my opinion is worthless in the things of God !

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Only the 'courageous' enter in......

Only the 'courageous' enter in......

Every one of your posts in my opinion is worthless in the things of God !

Perhaps such is a misconception of misunderstanding the knowledge and insights communicated, since you appear to be rather limited in your over-all comprehension of a philosophical domain stretching out further than your own preconceptions or 'images' of 'God',....let alone what reality is.

To be intellectually honest, you must accept the possibility that your current beliefs, opinions and points of view may be erroneous or less than perfect, and be willing to remain open and inquisitive to learn, explore and discover what is real, probing deeper into the nature of truth (whether that includes a 'god-concept' of not).

Readers are free to draw their own conclusions upon the data of these exchanges seeking the truth themselves, and rightly so. The concept of 'atonement' has been researched, some concepts of such being found erroneous or unnecessary. That's just how it goes. Opinions, points of view are noted.

The value or meaning of something can only be discovered when one sincerely considers it, with whole heart and mind.

pj

beloved57

Perhaps such is a misconception of misunderstanding the knowledge and insights communicated, since you appear to be rather limited in your over-all comprehension of a philosophical domain stretching out further than your own preconceptions or 'images' of 'God',....let alone what reality is.

To be intellectually honest, you must accept the possibility that your current beliefs, opinions and points of view may be erroneous or less than perfect, and be willing to remain open and inquisitive to learn, explore and discover what is real, probing deeper into the nature of truth (whether that includes a 'god-concept' of not).

Readers are free to draw their own conclusions upon the data of these exchanges seeking the truth themselves, and rightly so. The concept of 'atonement' has been researched, some concepts of such being found erroneous or unnecessary. That's just how it goes. Opinions, points of view are noted.

The value or meaning of something can only be discovered when one sincerely considers it, with whole heart and mind.

pj

This one joins the rest !

beloved57

Quickened sinners !

Quickened sinners !

In the Acts 2:38 account we have established that we have quickened sinners, and as such, as New Born Babes their crying out for instruction indicates their desire for the milk of the word and its doctrines. Again remember how these new born/quickened sinners desired to be spiritually instructed Acts 2:37-38

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

This was a sign of New and Spiritual Life, and then following the instruction by water baptism, now such is milk for the babes as we learn from Heb 5:12-6:2

12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

6 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Now here in this sequence its noticed that the teaching of baptisms Heb 6:2 is linked to the milk of the word from Heb 5:12-14

Now this is telling us that the doctrine and instruction of baptism is only for babes in Christ, those newly born again and in need of the milk of the word 1 Pet 2:2

2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Remember Peter had said earlier that these newborn babes had been born again 1 Pet 1:3,23 and had the Gospel preached to them 1 Pet 1:25 !

This Truth of course condemns all false teachings that water baptism is required as a condition to Salvation, that one must be water baptized to get saved, it also shows that Spiritual Life is Necessary in order to believe the Gospel !

Nanja

You see that ? If Christ is Our Savior, in accordance with that Office, He must shed on us abundantly the Holy Ghost !

The Spiritual renewing of the Holy Ghost gives us a circumcised heart spiritually, along with spiritual ears to Hear, and is that Spiritual preparation of the good ground hearer Matt 13:23; And so in conclusion, those who on the Day of Pentecost and any other time following, who receive the Word of God Preached 1 Thess 1:6; 2:13 and submit to Gospel ordinances as Baptism in the Name of Jesus for the remission of sins, its because they had first and foremost been quickened to Life Spiritual by their Risen Savior !

Yes, I See and concur with everything posted in Parts 1 thru 3!

Christ shall quicken, make spiritually alive, all those He died for as their Head
because they are His Body, One with Him Eph. 1:4. He was raised again to life
and so they shall also be given New Life, Spiritual renewal Titus 3:5;
Born Again, or Born from Above John 3:3. And the evidence is the indwelling
of the Spirit of Christ in them because they are Sons

Gal 4:6-7 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth
the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son;
and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Rom. 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God
is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost
which is given unto us.

Rom. 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Eph. 1:13 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ

1 John 3:2-3 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear
what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him;
for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him
purifieth himself, even as he is pure

~~~~~

vanityofvanitys

Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

So are you preaching we have no part in our salvation because our fate was predetermined?

If so, that is quite harmful, imo.

Being saved is not the same as being allowed into the kingdom the moment one dies because nothing we did mattered to God. It means more than faith itself.

beloved57

Yes, I See and concur with everything posted in Parts 1 thru 3!

Christ shall quicken, make spiritually alive, all those He died for as their Head
because they are His Body, One with Him Eph. 1:4. He was raised again to life
and so they shall also be given New Life, Spiritual renewal Titus 3:5;
Born Again, or Born from Above John 3:3. And the evidence is the indwelling
of the Spirit of Christ in them because they are Sons

Gal 4:6-7 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth
the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son;
and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Rom. 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God
is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost
which is given unto us.

Rom. 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Eph. 1:13 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ

1 John 3:2-3 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear
what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him;
for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him
purifieth himself, even as he is pure

~~~~~
You have understood well !

beloved57

So are you preaching we have no part in our salvation because our fate was predetermined?

If so, that is quite harmful, imo.

Being saved is not the same as being allowed into the kingdom the moment one dies because nothing we did mattered to God. It means more than faith itself.

Did you understand that post you quoted ? Please explain back the points I made to me, Thanks !

vanityofvanitys

Did you understand that post you quoted ? Please explain back the points I made to me, Thanks !

I understood it well enough to ask a question and pose another if my assumption was correct.

Since I must be in error, why not you explain back the points you made in simpler terms?

beloved57

I understood it well enough to ask a question and pose another if my assumption was correct.

Since I must be in error, why not you explain back the points you made in simpler terms?

You have not proved it to me, so are you going to do as I asked you or not ?

vanityofvanitys

You have not proved it to me, so are you going to do as I asked you or not ?

What are you afraid of? Discourse?

I already told you in my first post what I thought it was your were trying to say --- i.e. your main points.

The best I could understand, I thought you were saying our salvation was predetermined before we were born. I thought you said some were marked by God to be atoned and others not.

So I asked was that it? And you play the high-minded cannot-be-bothered with the ignorant position.

Then I told you that even if we are atoned or saved by the blood of Christ or by God's grace, that does not necessarily mean we still do not have to make amends for our wickedness after having accepted Christ as our Savior. And once again, you demurred.

beloved57

What are you afraid of? Discourse?

I already told you in my first post what I thought it was your were trying to say --- i.e. your main points.

The best I could understand, I thought you were saying our salvation was predetermined before we were born. I thought you said some were marked by God to be atoned and others not.

So I asked was that it? And you play the high-minded cannot-be-bothered with the ignorant position.

Then I told you that even if we are atoned or saved by the blood of Christ or by God's grace, that does not necessarily mean we still do not have to make amends for our wickedness after having accepted Christ as our Savior. And once again, you demurred.

What are you afraid of ?

vanityofvanitys

In my opinion you have evaded my points in my post !

WHAT points!!??

Three times I tried to interpret what your top post meant and I asked you questions about it. And three times you have said nothing except to tell me to go back and explain to you what I thought your top post meant.

Just how clever do you think you are?

You're just a coward.

beloved57

WHAT points!!??

Three times I tried to interpret what your top post meant and I asked you questions about it. And three times you have said nothing except to tell me to go back and explain to you what I thought your top post meant.

Just how clever do you think you are?

You're just a coward.

What points ? You have really lost it now ! The points made in my posts ! The points that you evade !