Supreme Court Upholds Ban on Anti-Gay Therapy

Lon

Lon: Never seen a gay person who wasn't abused
quip: I have
Lon: they just didn't realize they were abused

:doh:
You weren't paying attention "The ones I knew, didn't realize they were abused.' Point? They had ill-feelings against the gender of that parent.

But.....you weren't interested in asking, or reporting correctly. Good for you :up:

It'd be great, however, if you quoted me correctly instead of starting gossip. Glassjester didn't read for content either and gave you a pos rep. Way to spread your sloppy bad around. Thanks.

quip

BANNED
Banned
You weren't paying attention "The ones I knew, didn't realize they were abused.' Point? They had ill-feelings against the gender of that parent.

But.....you weren't interested in asking, or reporting correctly. Good for you :up:

It'd be great, however, if you quoted me correctly instead of starting gossip. Glassjester didn't read for content either and gave you a pos rep. Way to spread your sloppy bad around. Thanks.

Lon, your wild and broad speculation is in dire need of some evidence.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

Lon, your wild and broad speculation is in dire need of some evidence.

No, we are both giving anecdotal. As far as .ca and .gov there is a perpetuation of abuse exponentially. All? I don't know. All I am saying is someone once told me that the friend they introduced me to had 'not been abused.' After meeting the parents, they are in a denial.

Both in my extended family were absolutely abused. The one two friends of my wife's were both abused, and clearly so. Ellen DeGeneres admitted she'd been sexually abused. Rosie O was abused.

It is somewhat less anecdotal at that point. I don't see it as an accusation, if anything, it'd make people see them more as victims. The kid that tried to rape me? Absolutely abused, no question, and horribly so.

At any rate, thank you for not being stupid and snarky with this. I appreciate that. -Lon

glassjester

So you think its wrong to address an individualls slef hatred becasue htey might end up not hating themsleves right?

Just because someone doesn't want to be attracted to the same sex, doesn't necessarily mean he hates himself.

and short people are free to try to grow taller and people with unwanted levels of melanin in their skin are free to choose to try and to get rid of it.

Why do you equate sexual attractions to skin color? That makes no sense, you silly goose!

Becasue being a heterosexual is just like being attracted to animals.

Either it's possible for someone to change their unwanted sexual attractions, or it isn't. If it's worth trying for the zoophile, why not the homosexual?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Either it's possible for someone to change their unwanted sexual attractions, or it isn't. If it's worth trying for the zoophile, why not the homosexual?

Do they indeed thoroughly change such behaviour or simply suppress it? (Similar to alcoholism)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Why exactly do they feel the need to change? They're obviously not measuring up to some intervening standard.
Maybe they want to be able to have a relationship that can produce their own child. :idunno: To me that's a pretty obvious possible reason why someone may want to change, outside of any religious reason or social standard. Of course you could ask why other options for having a child aren't good enough but a lot of people want to have their own kid.

MrDante

Just because someone doesn't want to be attracted to the same sex, doesn't necessarily mean he hates himself.
Self hate is the foundation for conversion therapy, self hatred needs to encouraged or fostered becasue without it no adult would want conversion therpay.

Why do you equate sexual attractions to skin color? That makes no sense, you silly goose!
I don't. We've had this discussion before but you prefer to make build strawmen and make false statemtns than actaully address what I post.

Why do you equate love and commitment to someone who uses an animal for sexual gratification? Is it the same reason racists are obsees with their beleif that black men are singularly obsessed with raping white women?

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Your reply gave no indication that you cared if someone had met a gay person who wasn't abused, it indicated you were too set in your own view. If I misread that then I'm sorry for the snarky reply.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Maybe they want to be able to have a relationship that can produce their own child. :idunno: To me that's a pretty obvious possible reason why someone may want to change, outside of any religious reason or social standard. Of course you could ask why other options for having a child aren't good enough but a lot of people want to have their own kid.

Yes. I made this statement concering the subject's self-esteem level. This may be a perfect example of societal pressure operating against same-set attraction, culminating to poor self-worth with the desire to sexually "convert".

kmoney

Hall of Fame
From: https://psychcentral.com/ask-the-therapist/2011/05/15/attraction-to-animals-and-children/

A reader writes in, saying she is attracted to animals and to children. The psychiatrist responds with the following advice:

I wonder what methods they'd use in those situations. And I also wonder if the two situations are truly comparable. Is the root of attraction to objects the same as the root of the attraction to people. Do people who are attracted to objects also have normal sexual attractions but they ignore those for some reason?

Even if there is a successful non-abusive way of changing sexual attraction I think there's too much baggage attached to this issue for people to accept someone wanting to change their homosexual attractions. And I can understand that. Especially concerning minors it'd be hard to know if someone truly wants it for themselves or if it's being forced on them by their parents.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yes. I made this statement concering the subject's self-esteem level. This may be a perfect example of societal pressure operating against same-set attraction, culminating to poor self-worth with the desire to sexually "convert".
Wanting to have their own child could be a result of societal pressure, but it wouldn't have to be.

glassjester

Self hate is the foundation for conversion therapy, self hatred needs to encouraged or fostered becasue without it no adult would want conversion therpay.

You're just making things up now.

I don't. We've had this discussion before but you prefer to make build strawmen and make false statemtns than actaully address what I post.

You compared changing one's sexual attractions to changing one's skin color. That makes no sense, you silly goose!

Why do you equate love and commitment to someone who uses an animal for sexual gratification? Is it the same reason racists are obsees with their beleif that black men are singularly obsessed with raping white women?

Who's talking about love? People don't have same sex attractions unless they're "in love" ?

Whachyu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

MrDante

You're just making things up now.
no, you're denying reality

You compared changing one's sexual attractions to changing one's skin color. That makes no sense, you silly goose!
They are comparable only as far as bother are equally changable.

What is comparable is the rhetoric and arguemtns of racists and homophobe, it is usually impossible to tell the differeence between the two

Who's talking about love?
You aren't that is for sure. Just like your racist counterparts you need to frame gays as nothing more than a near animals that are incapable of love and exist only to satisfy their base lusts.

glassjester

no, you're denying reality

Evidence?

They are comparable only as far as bother are equally changable.

Skin color and sexual attractions are equally changeable?

Really?

...Really?

What is comparable is the rhetoric and arguemtns of racists and homophobe, it is usually impossible to tell the differeence between the two

Explain.

You aren't that is for sure. Just like your racist counterparts you need to frame gays as nothing more than a near animals that are incapable of love and exist only to satisfy their base lusts.

When did I do that? Evidence please?

MrDante

Evidence?

Skin color and sexual attractions are equally changeable?

Really?

...Really?
that's right. neither change

OIt's pretty self explanatory: homophobic garbage sounds exactly like racist garbage.

here take a little quiz:

Sure it about marriages, same gender and interracial, but it illustrates the facts rater well.

When did I do that? Evidence please?

try talking about people who want to remove unwanted romance/love