Supreme Court Upholds Ban on Anti-Gay Therapy

Lon

Glassjester , who conservatives call "unwanted same sex attraction " is nothing but guilt which youngsters from Christian families have been brainwashed into feeling .
There are many young gay people with supportive parents and family who have NOT been subject to this bogus "therapy " .
"Conversion therapy " is a dangerous fraud which has caused many young gay people to commit suicide because of mental abuse which has caused overwhelming feelings of shame which they should never have been subject to . It SHOULD be illegal.
There is no such thing as an "ex gay ". All such people have been brainwashed , and they invariably revert eventually .

You act as if they found the 'gay' gene :think: So did the court. Peer pressure and pop psychology is running the country.

To date ALL gays I know personally are that way because of abuse. Exceptions? Heard of that rumor, never seen one.

MrDante

You act as if they found the 'gay' gene :think: So did the court. Peer pressure and pop psychology is running the country.

To date ALL gays I know personally are that way because of abuse. Exceptions? Heard of that rumor, never seen one.

Exceptions? Every single one I know.

Lon

I have. 2 in fact.

Some of them don't realize they were emotionally abused. They think that was normal :nono:

Many of them were raped, so while it wasn't familial abuse, it was yet abuse, etc.

MrDante

Some of them don't realize they were emotionally abused. They think that was normal :nono:

Many of them were raped, so while it wasn't familial abuse, it was yet abuse, etc.

They are gay because they were abused or they were abused because they were gay? (its' the second one)

quip

BANNED
Banned

I personally know Lon that neither were in fact abused, emotionally or otherwise. They are family and one grew up with the utmost Mayberry-esque upbringing by a Lutheran minister...in Texas no less.

Can your anecdotal evidence explain his "sudden" outbreak of homosexuality?

glassjester

Correct.
His/her only hindrance in life stem from the likes of glassjester...et al.

A person with unwanted same-sex attraction should never, under any circumstances, be helped to try to get rid of such attractions. Right?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I am not sure. Have there been any therapies for people with unwanted attractions, that don't involve torture? Certainly there must be.

I would assume there are therapies available to people who experience unwanted attractions to animals, or objects, for example. Could those same (non-torturous) approaches be used for unwanted same-sex attractions?
:idunno: I saw the article you posted later in the thread and it didn't seem to mention any therapies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Lon: Never seen a gay person who wasn't abused
quip: I have
Lon: they just didn't realize they were abused

:doh:

glassjester

:idunno: I saw the article you posted later in the thread and it didn't seem to mention any therapies.

From: https://psychcentral.com/ask-the-therapist/2011/05/15/attraction-to-animals-and-children/

A reader writes in, saying she is attracted to animals and to children. The psychiatrist responds with the following advice:
You need to be proactive to effectively rectify this problem. I would strongly recommend therapy. Consider a sex therapist. Sex therapists specialize in understanding human sexuality. Sex therapists may have a greater range of knowledge when it comes to sexuality. Their goal will likely be to normalize your sexual focus. This may involve systematic exposure to “normal” sexual interests and analyzing and correcting your thought patterns.

Last edited: