St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Has Harper done anything since the all star break?
2 homers?

Bryce ? - i don't really follow him, mostly Cardinals (TV), fox sports has like 150 games on cablle, so that's my source and the news/espn a little -
good morning STP the Stupendous - good to see ya, you look great.

he was quiet here the last couple games.

maybe he's got the late season blues, i have to think when a team and players know they aren't going to the post season they lose that fire. would you go all out and risk injury ? i know they need numbers to get contracts but these guys are superb athletes and can decide in a micro-second if they will do what they are capable of or just look good trying.

what i mean is, as professionals and great performers, can some protect their future (which is their families too) and save their massive skills for a better contending season or better team in a year or few ? i'm not saying slacking off, just that fine line of giving your body up for the team. every player will say they do and break my neck for suggesting otherwise. (my multiple black belts and weapons cache may be needed), but it occurs to me.

maybe because i personally wouldn't be quite as pumped if my team was way out of the race. which is 20 teams or so each year. then again, personally, i would play for 10 bucks an hour and break my spine on every play, or be the HBP leader for the team, you know what i mean.

you off work today barn ? - :wave2:

SaulToPaul 2

Bryce ? - i don't really follow him, mostly Cardinals (TV), fox sports has like 150 games on cablle, so that's my source and the news/espn a little -
good morning STP the Stupendous - good to see ya, you look great.

he was quiet here the last couple games.

maybe he's got the late season blues, i have to think when a team and players know they aren't going to the post season they lose that fire. would you go all out and risk injury ? i know they need numbers to get contracts but these guys are superb athletes and can decided in a micro-second if they will do what they are capable of or just look good trying.

what i mean is as professionals and great performers, can some protect their future (which is their families too) and save their massive skills for a better contending season or better team in a year or few ? i'm not saying slacking off, just that fine line of giving your body up for the team. every player will say they do and break my neck for suggesting otherwise. (my multiple black belts and weapons cache may be needed), but it occurs to me.

maybe because i personally wouldn't be quite as pumped if my team was way out of the race. which is 20 teams or so each year. personally, i would play for 10 bucks an hour and break my spine on every play, or be the HBP leader for the team, you know what i mean.

you off work today barn ? - :wave2:

Interesting theory!

I would still try to get a hit in every at bat. I know Barn would do the same.

:Clete:

StanJ

why didn't you use that one word ? with $

LOL...cuz Sherm gave me an infraction yesterday for it. It's funny though because if I use ***, the program changes it to *** anyway, but people still know what it is. IMO calling someone a donkey should not be an infraction. Oh well.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
well, if the pi rates could have came into the series at 3.5 games out, this would be much more interesting. now, even if they sweep they are still 3.5 out. 3 out in the loss column. IF THEY CAN SWEEP -

TET ARE DRIVING STILL ? you're missing the series !

StanJ

Seems the Jays took a small nap in the top of the 6th tonight. Yikes!

Didn't help that the home plate umpire had NO idea where the strike zone was, but both sides suffered from that.

StanJ

the birds of both leagues can't win 'em all -

i'm surprised there aren't more bird teams in baseball. just the 3 ?

Very true, but they should try hard.

NBA
PELICANS
NHL
BLACKHAWKS
MLB
BLUE JAYS
MLB
CARDINALS
MLB
ORIOLES
NBA
HAWKS
NFL
CARDINALS

NFL
EAGLES
NFL
FALCONS
NFL
RAVENS
NFL
SEAHAWKS
NHL
DUCKS
NHL
PENGUINS

StanJ

I hope the Cardinals don't have a september slump -

I watched the game last night and tonight, and it's light two different sets of teams played. They can't win em all PJ.
Glad the Jays won though, as the Yankees also won.
It's a much closer race in the ALE than in the NLC.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I watched the game last night and tonight, and it's light two different sets of teams played. They can't win em all PJ.
Glad the Jays won though, as the Yankees also won.
It's a much closer race in the ALE than in the NLC.

yeah, it's fun being in a race, but nerve racking. you just want a 3 or 4 game lead so you can afford a 2 or 3 game sudden sway -

even the Cards could lose 4 while pitt wins 4 and bam, boom, pow, bang.

jus' kiddin' - i'm all outta rep, i'll get you 2moro -

StanJ

Cardinals pick up another comeback win !!!!!!

they lead the league with 11 come from behind wins when trailing after 7 innings -
we needed this W

Dang it...Jays lost big time today. Don't understand what their problem is with Boston. It was amazing to see how the Mets came back. Jays have done that same thing in the past but the last two games that Hutchison has pitched it seems they are not to motivated in picking him up anymore.
:nono:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Dang it...Jays lost big time today. Don't understand what their problem is with Boston. It was amazing to see how the Mets came back. Jays have done that same thing in the past but the last two games that Hutchison has pitched it seems they are not to motivated in picking him up anymore.
:nono:

AL East
W
L
PCT
GB
HOME
AWAY
L10
STRK

Blue Jays
-
47-25
32-35
6-4
L1

Yankees
40-29
37-32
6-4
L2

Rays
33-35
35-36
5-5
W1

Orioles
38-27
29-45
4-6
W2

Red Sox
39-35
27-38
6-4
W1

that didn't c/p right - but even if the jays lose the division, they would be a wild card, lol - :first: