ECT Speaking in tongues

Danoh

Yes. Paul would be rejected by the mads today.

Coming from you; a foolish Galatian who relies on, and concludes your inner impressions (gnosticism) are "wisdom and knowledge in the revelation of Him" you would say the above.

That is all you and your kind are about - your own emotions and imaginings, perceived by you through your superstitions as being "the Spirit's leading" as a result your ignorance of the Scriptures...which you then read INTO the Scriptures, you conclude are, of course...about you.

Your entire movement is about you.

Foolish Galatian.

The Believer is in Christ.

How much "closer to God" could one be?

Yours is the fool's gold of "feeling."

"Whatsoever is not of faith is sin."

Yours is not of faith.

Rather; of sight. Of your senses, of your emotions. Of your perceptions.

A fool gnostic; who does not even know he is caught up in the fool mysticism of gnosticism even as you hurl your fool accusation at the Madist.

"Bewitched" - fascinated; taken in by your own emotions "ye are straightened in your own bowels; not in us."

The Cross is not enough for you. It is not where your "faith" rests.

Rather, in your fool perceptions.

A foolish Galatian who's every word in his so called testimony was nothing more than a history of his bondage to his own emotions, imaginings, and perceptions and conclusions from same - you - are a wreck.

So much so; these words will offend you; so bound are you by your own imaginings; so one with them have you become in your ignorance, that you can only fail to see them rise up to mislead you to perceive these words not as the liberation they could be, but as an attack against you, "felt" by you as such.

You...are...a...mess...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
LA's thesis is wrong and you're wrong about he/she being right, however...you're right about GOD's intentions for the twelve and Israel taking the gospel of the Kingdom to the nations, for that was according to prophecy. However, Israel didn't get on board so GOD's next move was to bring on the tribulation and His wrath leading up to the notable Day of the LORD, or either do what He did do which was to incorporate Paul with pure grace to proclaim the gospel of the grace of GOD and the cross as good news to the nations which, as Israel was then reckoned with the nations, meant that individual Jews would be saved on the same basis as individual gentiles.

The elect of Israel did get on board, the unbelievers were rejected and the Gentile believers added into the elect of Israel.

Joh 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

Act 4:1 And as they spake unto the people, the priests, and the captain of the temple, and the Sadducees, came upon them,
Act 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
Act 4:3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold unto the next day: for it was now eventide.
Act 4:4 Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Coming from you; a foolish Galatian who relies on, and concludes your inner impressions (gnosticism) are "wisdom and knowledge in the revelation of Him" you would say the above.

That is all you and your kind are about - your own emotions and imaginings, perceived by you through your superstitions as being "the Spirit's leading" as a result your ignorance of the Scriptures...which you then read INTO the Scriptures, you conclude are, of course...about you.

Foolish Galatian.

Yours is not of faith.

A fool gnostic; who does not even know he is caught up in the fool mysticism of gnosticism even as you hurl your fool accusation at the Madist.

"Bewitched" - fascinated; taken in by your own emotions "ye are straightened in your own bowels; not in us."

A foolish Galatian who's every word in his so called testimony was nothing more than a history of his bondage to his own emotions, imaginings, and perceptions and conclusions from same - you - are a wreck.

So much so; these words will offend you; so bound are you by your own imaginings; so one with them have you become in your ignorance, that you can only fail to see them rise up to mislead you to perceive these words not as the liberation they could be, but as an attack against you, "felt" by you as such.

You...are...a...mess...

Oh aren't you mighty, a mighty fool.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Years ago people were told to bring their dead relatives/friends home (in their coffins) and place their dead relatives hand on the TV screen, in hopes they might be raised from the dead. Kind of on the "Macabre" side of the street if you ask me.

It didn't work for you did it.

You are still dead.

LA

Danoh

Oh aren't you mighty, a mighty fool.

LA

My above post to andyc was not meant in malice.

I am sure he will take it as such, though.

Your kind too often do.

Pointing a thing out is often taken wrong by the babe in Christ.

If you are even in Christ, LA.

If you are, then no matter how long you have been in Him; it is evident you have not matured in your understanding due to your carnality - your focus on YOUR perceptions.

That you easily take offence when a thing is pointed out to you towards your own good; is no surprise.

As did the Corinthians despite their ACTUAL gifts, in contrast to your self-induced delusion.

andyc

Danoh's rants are for the approval of his mad buddies.
I certainly don't put any value on his opinion of me. He is no one.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Foolish Galatian.

Yours is not of faith.

You...are...a...mess...

Danoh is filled up with himself.

There is no room for the Holy Spirit in him..

Most of the MADs are like that.

There is a vast gulf between "believers" and true faithful Christians.

Most believers are Roman Catholic in nature under various other names.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Danoh is filled up with himself.

Most of the MADs are like that.

There is a vast gulf between "believers" and true faithful Christians.

Most believers are Roman Catholic in nature under various other names.

LA

Just when I thought you couldn't top yourself, you post the dumbest stuff anybody on planet earth has EVER said. You really outdid yourself this time. You wear your ignorance like a "badge of honor."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

If that's true, why bother saying it? It should be a universal truth, right?

You just don't want to admit he wrote a good post. Because, if you give him the credit that's due him, you'll be admitting, he's correct.

musterion

Told this story before. When I was a new believer and struggling and suffering under bad doctrine and plain ignorance, lots of doubts assailed me on many fronts, some of them due to the TBN crowd who were still a pretty big thing back in the '90s. The past few generations have been programmed to believe whatever we see in media, whatever it is; that's something that has to be unlearned even in a renewed mind. So the claims of slick bloviating charismatics can be really intimidating to the weak and unlearned.

Anyway, one day something that felt like an icepick in a kidney dropped me to my knees. Out of nowhere with NO warning at all. I've had some injuries in my life but can't recall ever feeling something as sharp and sudden as that was. It hurt so bad everything instantly started to go white and I was about to pass out.

On my knees, I asked God that, if it's His will, please remove it. Suddenly, it vanished, gone, like it was never there. I'd never had kidney symptoms before that and haven't had anything of that kind since. What was it exactly? Not sure...but God used it to make a point to me that I will never forget. Since that day, I've never once doubted His ability and willingness to heal as He chooses to do so...but directly, not through human "healers." It He doesn't choose to, then the glory is still His because Rom 8:28.

Naturally, doubts came. Had I imagined it all? No, I knew it was real. So what was it? Could it have been Satan fooling me?

Only answer to that I've ever come up with: If it was Satan, then God had to allow him to injure me since I'm a member of the Body of Christ -- I believe nothing can come to one who is Christ's without God's approval and for the believer's ultimate good. So even if Satan did give that pain AND removed it, it was still by God's will and He got the glory for it.

Short version:

100% convinced God still heals as He chooses. Many sound, Grace-gospel believers will attest to having been allowed to experience or to see the same thing.

Also 100% convinced that no one who claims any of the miraculous sign gifts the apostles had, actually has them. Not one. If they did, they would NEVER keep those gifts under a bushel, so to speak -- away from the lost who could benefit from them, and away from examination by those who honestly doubt. GREEDILY HOARDING the [purported] miraculous gifts of God brings no glory to Him. They bring glory only to SELF while edifying and serving NO ONE ELSE.

But those like AndyC and LA and Serpent refuse to allow either public display nor examination, and scoff at those who request it. You know why. So do they.

Interplanner

Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
LA's thesis is wrong and you're wrong about he/she being right, however...you're right about GOD's intentions for the twelve and Israel taking the gospel of the Kingdom to the nations, for that was according to prophecy. However, Israel didn't get on board so GOD's next move was to bring on the tribulation and His wrath leading up to the notable Day of the LORD, or either do what He did do which was to incorporate Paul with pure grace to proclaim the gospel of the grace of GOD and the cross as good news to the nations which, as Israel was then reckoned with the nations, meant that individual Jews would be saved on the same basis as individual gentiles.

There was no gospel about the kingdom. The gospel that had to do with the reign of God was the same as the OT and NT about Christ. That was the power of God as he wanted, not a theocracy that had turned Israel into Judaism as seen in the NT period. And it was indeed meant to go to all nations, primarily through teachers from Israel at its launch. "The Lord gave the word, and great was the number of those who proclaimed it" happened.

By failing to be in the number, Israel turned to a liberation battle and lost miserably. it is called the destruction of Jerusalem.

TweetyBird

You haven't done it yet. Peter had to preach the gospel in Greek.

Ah, so the crowd didn't respond to the tongue.

Yes, they responded to the tongues - that is how their attention was given to Peter. News traveled really quickly that something miraculous was happening and at least 3000 Jews who had come to the required feast of weeks showed up to see it. They were AMAZED AND MARVELED because the disciples were speaking in other languages - their own native languages that they would not know, being Galileans. Then they started asking questions - what is this? what is going on? They doubted what they were seeing. Some even began to mock because it was "other worldly". Then Peter got up and began to explain what was happening and why - the fulfillment of the prophecy of Joel, the promise of Christ that they would be baptized with the Holy Spirit, and then the Gospel. It was the sign of tongues that got their attention - a sign to the unbelieving Jews.

The story is so amazing, I am really curious why you are arguing with the text! :idunno:

TweetyBird

The Charismatics for the last twenty or so years have believed:

God is healing through Charlatans.
God is making them act drunk.
God is slaying them (falling backward.)
God is having gold and precious jewels fall from the ceiling.
God is raising the dead. (never any proof)
God is making them speak in tongues.
God is placing gold fillings in their teeth.
God is speaking to them audibly.
God is allowing them to visit Heaven.
God is sending Angels to visit them.
God is providing them with all kinds of miraculous money.
God is allowing them to know personal things about others (addresses, etc)

These are some of the things I've heard Charismatic/Pentecostals admit to.

You are right on with this. I experienced that world for a few years. It was a magical kingdom. Literally.