ECT Speaking in tongues

andyc

Sorry o clueless one, but Stam was a walk by sight confirmation bias believer in healing; as is Feldick.

Both of which resort to your same kind of rationalizing about a thing projected into it; when it comes to that.

Ok, so give us your scriptures telling us that God doesn't care for sick people anymore?

musterion

If the MADs who hold to healing can't see the obvious

WHAT is obvious? WHY is it obvious? You're implying Paul taught that God will do nothing material in the lives of believers today. I want to know where you see that.

My position is that God has guaranteed NOTHING along those lines, and there are no such promises for believers today to claim. But He still does as He wills.

Your position, apparently, is that God has said He WILL NOT do anything along those lines.

Is that accurate?

Danoh

Well now that's an interesting response, as is your follow up. You evidently took something personal that was not intended personally, toward anyone here. I was referring to no MAD on TOL since I have first hand knowledge of any MAD on TOL belonging to that camp.

But IF you're in that camp, you're at liberty to believe as you do just as I am to believe as I do. Why you'd have a problem with that is beyond me.

One thing I would never do is dismiss you out of hand as superstitious for believing that, IF in fact you do believe that...which, based on your response, I guess you do.

I take it from this statement, then, that the camp that was described to me does indeed exist?

And if it does exist, on what basis do those in that camp conclude that God never intervenes at all in the lives of believers today, if indeed that's what they conclude?

More projection (confirmation bias) on your part.

I have nothing against any fellow MAD.

You and some of yours do.

You have not so learned Christ.

andyc

The problem is that, Danoh (the five minute believer), has a fear of failure.
So he tells himself that God doesn't care, and in this way he doesn't have the opportunity to be disappointed (Prov 13:12).

DAN P

That's all I'm asking for here.

Let's forget your side's claims to the SIGN GIFTS of whatever miraculous power, exhibited during the Gospels and Acts. That isn't the point here.

I want to know where Paul said God will not directly do as He chooses to do in the lives of His own, up to and including intervention. I don't see it but perhaps I've overlooked it.

Hi and what these gift of TONGUES was a sign to Jews and all of Israel !!

Why are they not using TONGUES and speaking to Jews , which was the reason for TONGUES !!

They are not following the commission im Matt 28:19 and 20 and that means JEWS , which the apostles never accomplished , BUT will acomplish during the Great Tribulation as Mark 16:15-18 where the 144,000 will perform !!

dan p

Last edited:

andyc

Hi and what these gift of TONGUES was a sind to Jews and all of Israel !!

Why are they not using TONGUES and speaking to Jews , which was gthe reason for TONGUES !!

They are not following the commission im Matt 28:19 and 20 and that means JEWS , which the apostles never accomplished , BUT will acomplish during the Great Tribulation as Mark 16:15-18 where the 144,000 will perform !!

dan p

So why are tongues currently not a sign to Jews?

musterion

Hi and what these gift of TONGUES was a sind to Jews and all of Israel !!

Yep.

Why are they not using TONGUES and speaking to Jews , which was gthe reason for TONGUES !!

YEP! They don't even use them in front of GENTILE unbelievers, much less Jews.

dan p

Agreed, Dan!

Say, while you're here -- do you believe Paul taught God will never materially intervene in any way in response to prayer during this dispensation of grace? Do you know anywhere that Paul taught that? Thanks Dan...

Danoh

The problem is that, Danoh (the five minute believer), has a fear of failure.
So he tells himself that God doesn't care, and in this way he doesn't have the opportunity to be disappointed (Prov 13:12).

Yep, that must be it :chuckle:

Danoh

Because it's by grace through faith.
Remove faith, and you have grace on it's own. That is like a doctor giving you tablets, and you assuming that him giving tablets will heal you.
No, you have to swallow them in faith.

You and the superstition of your placebo effect projections :chuckle:

andyc

You and the superstition of your placebo effect projections :chuckle:

You really do come across as someone who's stumbled into Christianity recently, and now you're here to show everyone how it's done. We've seen plenty of those here. Lots of Danoh, but very little scripture.

andyc

Everything to do with it.

Bible says they're now blind and deaf.

What do you mean by "now"?

Either a person believes or they don't.
Nothing has changed over the last 2000 years. God is speaking to Jews, and he's speaking to gentiles.
Jesus is the messiah that Jews must embrace, and gentiles must come to know.
The gospel to Jews and gentiles hasn't changed since Peter and Paul preached it.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What do you mean by "now"?

Either a person believes or they don't.
Nothing has changed over the last 2000 years. God is speaking to Jews, and he's speaking to gentiles.
Jesus is the messiah that Jews must embrace, and gentiles must come to know.
The gospel to Jews and gentiles hasn't changed since Peter and Paul preached it.

The Gospel has not changed since Eve heard it. Genesis 3:15