ECT Speaking in tongues

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Although I believe the sign gifts don't exist today, I do believe if the sick are prayed for and it's God's will, then, that person can be miraculously healed by the "Will of God." However, those mass healings we see on You-Tube and Cable are phony. These "Charlatans" make tons of dough off of Naive and ignorant people. It's a racket.

The only reason men fake the gifts of God is because the true gifts are genuine.

and you always argue against the true gift and any true understanding of the scriptures.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John 20:29 states: "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." Today, we don't see these miracles on a grand basis, yet, we believe.

you do not believe as the first of the Church did.

Your beliefs require Paul between you and God so all you see is the flesh of Paul (Saul).

You do not believe Jesus--

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

LA

DAN P

Hasn't Paul been dead what? About 2000 years?

Tell me

what is the length of this time of this

"The Dispensation of Grace."

Hi and trhe Dispensation of the Grace og began 2000 years age , see Acts 20:24 , Rom 16:25-26 and Col 1:25-26 just to mention a few verses !!

But we know that it is mentioned also in Eph 1:4 and in 2 Tim 1:9 !!

dan p

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Your beliefs require Paul between you and God so all you see is the flesh of Paul (Saul).

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

LA

I'm afraid you have a bad case of what's generally called, "Ignorance." The verses you quoted were for the House of Israel, not the Gentiles. So, your ignorance didn't pay off for you, this time. Try again later when you start to feel your brain reset.

You'll feel a sudden vibration and a jolt of energy going up your spine when that occurs.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
Hi and trhe Dispensation of the Grace og began 2000 years age , see Acts 20:24 , Rom 16:25-26 and Col 1:25-26 just to mention a few verses !!

But we know that it is mentioned also in Eph 1:4 and in 2 Tim 1:9 !!

dan p

It has ended.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

LA

I'm afraid you have a bad case of what's generally called, "Ignorance." The verses you quoted were for the House of Israel, not the Gentiles.

No verses suggest the sending of Christ's disciples with the truth and power of the Gospel was restricted to the Jews, or House of Israel of the OT after Pentecost.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Grosnick does not believe Jesus or Paul.

LA

Interplanner

No verses suggest the sending of Christ's disciples with the truth and power of the Gospel was restricted to the Jews, or House of Israel of the OT after Pentecost.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

LA

The thesis of LA is correct, however, He was trying like everything to get Israel to be the missionaries of it. Would Israel get on board?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The thesis of LA is correct, however, He was trying like everything to get Israel to be the missionaries of it. Would Israel get on board?

LA's thesis is wrong and you're wrong about he/she being right, however...you're right about GOD's intentions for the twelve and Israel taking the gospel of the Kingdom to the nations, for that was according to prophecy. However, Israel didn't get on board so GOD's next move was to bring on the tribulation and His wrath leading up to the notable Day of the LORD, or either do what He did do which was to incorporate Paul with pure grace to proclaim the gospel of the grace of GOD and the cross as good news to the nations which, as Israel was then reckoned with the nations, meant that individual Jews would be saved on the same basis as individual gentiles.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

LA

Well, well, LA is wrong again. Surprise, surprise. GM (third person) believes both Paul and The Lord Jesus Christ. However, GM, (again third person) does have an issue believing ANYTHING LA has to post. GM doesn't mean to offend LA publicly, he just thinks she ought to reconsider her "Forum Career" and try something new. Perhaps, taking up basket weaving or playing Professional Badminton?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are right, it's your spirit. And it is a terrible idea, especially when you are convinced it's God.

The Charismatics for the last twenty or so years have believed:

God is healing through Charlatans.
God is making them act drunk.
God is slaying them (falling backward.)
God is having gold and precious jewels fall from the ceiling.
God is raising the dead. (never any proof)
God is making them speak in tongues.
God is placing gold fillings in their teeth.
God is speaking to them audibly.
God is allowing them to visit Heaven.
God is sending Angels to visit them.
God is providing them with all kinds of miraculous money.
God is allowing them to know personal things about others (addresses, etc)

These are some of the things I've heard Charismatic/Pentecostals admit to.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Years ago people were told to bring their dead relatives/friends home (in their coffins) and place their dead relatives hand on the TV screen, in hopes they might be raised from the dead. Kind of on the "Macabre" side of the street if you ask me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We don't get to choose any gifts of the Spirit. They are given as the Spirit wills. It has nothing to do with you or me. If God is giving the gifts of 1 Cor 12, I am on board with it. I would love to see it. Maybe He will some day - it's really up to Him.

I haven't read a lot of your posts, however, what I've read is excellent, thus far.

andyc

I quoted Acts 2 with bolding and underline to answer this:

["Can someone give me an example from scripture where someone spoke supernaturally in a tongue, and an unbeliever was impressed, or saved, or even responded positively?"]

You haven't done it yet. Peter had to preach the gospel in Greek.

The unbelieving Jews were "impressed" by tongues - they marveled, were amazed, that Galieans were magnifying God in their own languages - then doubted, questioned, were in a word, flummoxed. Peter then preached Jesus to them and 3000 believed.

Ah, so the crowd didn't respond to the tongue.