ECT Speaking in tongues

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Many years ago I received a letter in the mail, it included a letter and a latex glove. The letter advised me to put on the glove and touch the part of my body that was ailing and send it and a donation back to the "Healer." I imagine he made quite a killing off of that scam. Especially, with naive, poor elderly folks.

About twenty or so years ago, people were advised to place their dead one's coffin in front of a TV and put the dearly departed's dead hand on the screen along with the "possibility" that they would be brought back to life. This nonsense actually occurred.

andyc

Don't bother. If they make it in the rapture (and that's a big if),
elvis.gif
they're going to be ashamed. 1 Cor. 4:12

Yeah this is how they'll be going up.....

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/elevator-old-guy.gif

andyc

That which is perfect is come and it's all scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). What would anyone need to speak in tongues for when the need and purpose for them no longer exists?

How many denominations are there in the world today?
More than in Paul's day?
How many believe they're interpreting scripture correctly?

We need the gifts more than ever.

andyc

Many years ago I received a letter in the mail, it included a letter and a latex glove. The letter advised me to put on the glove and touch the part of my body that was ailing and send it and a donation back to the "Healer." I imagine he made quite a killing off of that scam. Especially, with naive, poor elderly folks.

About twenty or so years ago, people were advised to place their dead one's coffin in front of a TV and put the dearly departed's dead hand on the screen along with the "possibility" that they would be brought back to life. This nonsense actually occurred.

So?

It was nonsense. It wouldn't fool me.

andyc

Do you listen to Benny Hinn?

Nope.

I think he's called to have a healing ministry, but his services are too showy, and dependent on money. His teaching is not great, and he hypes himself too much. Went to see him in London 20 years ago, and after a 1 hour appeal for money, I gave him nothing, and walked out disgusted.

heir

TOL Subscriber
How many denominations are there in the world today?
More than in Paul's day?
How many believe they're interpreting scripture correctly?

We need the gifts more than ever.
The operation of tongues has ceased (1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV) as the scripture saith when that which is perfect is come then that which is in part shall be done away. (1 Corinthians 13:10 KJV). We have that which is perfect in all scripture which throughly furnishes us (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). We know this too as Paul was given the dispensation of God to fulfil the word of God (Colossians 1:25 KJV). We know if others are speaking the truth by weighing what they say by the scriptures. That too is how we know you are perpetrating a fabrication. Thou art weighted in the balances and art found wanting.

The only way to be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness (as I believe you are) is to grow up into Him in all things (Ephesians 4:15 KJV)! This requires approving things that are excellent (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV)/rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). When will you grow up?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK for a third time, lets educate you ignoramuses.

If that were true, then he would not have said this;

Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe.

Therefore=in conclusion=interpret what I am saying this way

musterion

Hypothetical; AndyC witnesses devout, pope-obeying but charismatic Roman Catholics speak in tongues that sound identical to his own and to what he's always heard at his church. But he knows, or ought to know, that Rome's gospel is very likely contradictory to whatever gospel he believes.

Question: Would AndyC accept the Catholics as fully saved and justified brothers and sisters in Christ because of the tongues and despite the different gospels?

Will AndyC answer this question straight up and honestly?