Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

bybee

Right. Nevermind who actually made the argument, blame it on the atheists, because that just feels right to you.

You just can't lose, can you? You've blatantly tossed the facts out the window.

It's not your English that's at issue, but your history and your logic and your use of scapegoats. Believe it or not, the slavery advocates were Christians, even moreso than their counterparts in the North, and the denominations which were on the side of slavery are still large and important in the US. You simply cannot slide the blame off to someone else just because you don't think the people who did this were right.

Why are we still blathering and dithering over slavery? It has been illegal in our great country since the end of the Civil War.
There are no slaves in America.
There is disparity but also welfare.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why are we still blathering and dithering over slavery? It has been illegal in our great country since the end of the Civil War.

Yeah, well, in the spirit of the late Bill Hicks: Why are we still going on about the crucifixion? That was a whopping two thousand years ago.

rainee

"Victory" might be a little much. "About time" sounds right.

It represents hate and white supremacy. Always has, always will.

It represented white supremacy?

The White Supremacy idea is that the United States at one time was pure (which it wasn't). The South vs the d. Yankees has nothing to do with that.
I realize liberals are not all liars, a good number are simply utterly deceived.
So I guess sadly we just have to accept that.

rainee

You are right Bybee we have done a lot to make right what was wrong.

rainee

Yes indeed.

What in the world are you talking about?

Oh my word, dear hard head, you really didn't know what actual white supremacy is about, did you?

See, if you would listen sometimes instead chewing opponents up and spitting them out you might be amazed sometimes.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Oh my word, dear hard head, you really didn't know what actual white supremacy is about, did you?

See, if you would listen sometimes instead chewing opponents up and spitting them out you might be amazed sometimes.

Yes, I do. You just seem ignorant as to what the phrase actually means (hint: it's not just an American thing) and like a lot of know-nothings the more confident you get the more foolish you sound.

rainee

Yes, I do. You just seem ignorant as to what the phrase actually means (hint: it's not just an American thing) and like a lot of know-nothings you get more confident the more foolish you sound.
Well true about one thing I was referring to the white supremacy movement I was told about in the US. Sorry if you know more than they did...cough

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well true about one thing I was referring to the white supremacy movement I was told about in the US. Sorry if you know more than they did...cough

Newsflash: You have no idea what you're talking about and it shows.

rexlunae

History matters, and getting it right matters. I think the more poignant question is, why are there people today trying to make the Civil War about something other than what it was actually about?