ECT Rightly Dividing

SaulToPaul 2

"I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem" (Zech.14:2-6).​

It is odd that both of these events, the one you quoted, and the one below were prophesied. But the Preterist only accepts one. And it's ironic that they pick the wrong one to trumpet as the Lord's coming.

Luke 21:23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

Luke 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

HisServant

Then why do you refuse to give us your interpretation of Zechariah 14:2-6?

If you know that my interpretation is in error then you must think that you know the correct interpretation.

But all you do is to give excuses why you refuse to give us your interpretation.

You employ the tactics of a con man.

Because its not an important piece of scripture to me, therefore I have given it almost no thought.

And it shouldn't be important since according to Jesus and the Apostles they were fulfilled in Jesus.

But than again, my interpretation is no more important than yours... God meant what he meant.

You need to get with the times and quit living in the past!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe Tet, the Great Gap Theorist, will prove to us that "Jesus" was referring to Zechariah?

No problem:

(John 7:38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Maybe you take it literal, and believe literal rivers of literal water flow out of everyone's literal belly who believes in Jesus?

SaulToPaul 2

No problem:

(John 7:38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Maybe you take it literal, and believe literal rivers of literal water flow out of everyone's literal belly who believes in Jesus?

Prove it's Zechariah

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It does not appear that Israel will be the one to need to hold to the above, rather, those of the nation's remaining at His return and their offspring, in the Millennium, without their gate, as the Lord rules with a rod of iron, til that last rebellion, after which He then hands it all back unto the Father, including "the sting of death" itself, that "the Law" 1 Cor. 15, will once more demand, Ezek. 18: 19-20, see below.

Just when I thought I heard every dumb excuse as to how there will be animal sacrifices in the yet future for sin atonement from Darby followers, you give one so dumb, I didn't think it was possible.

(Ezekiel 44:15) "'But the Levitical priests, who are descendants of Zadok and who guarded my sanctuary when the Israelites went astray from me, are to come near to minister before me; they are to stand before me to offer sacrifices of fat and blood, declares the Sovereign LORD.

You claim the animal sacrifices in Ezk 40-48 are going to be for Gentiles and not Israelites.

However, we clearly see from Ezekiel that Ezekiel's prophecy had Levitical priests in it.

Good luck coming up with Levitical priests from Gentiles.

But congratulations on giving us one of the dumbest reasons ever, as to why there will be animal sacrifices for sin atonement in the yet future.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Then why do you refuse to give us your interpretation of Zechariah 14:2-6?

Jerry, I already told you that in Zech 1, God made it clear that His promises were conditional.

Then I showed you that Zech 14:8 was fulfilled, and that "living waters" is symbolic.

Is "mountain" literal in the following verse:

(Jer 51:25) “I am against you, you destroying mountain, you who destroy the whole earth,” declares the Lord....

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It appears to me yours, dear sis, is a case there of Mid-Acts Jerry-ism.
Could be.

A while back I tried to get a discussion going about the millennial kingdom, to gather a lot of verses together that give us a picture of what was to be going on during that time. And then methodically start eliminating the verses that absolutely could not be about the kingdom, as to get an even clearer picture.
It quickly fell by the wayside, as there was literally no others that wanted to discuss it at the time. No biggie, as others were heavily involved with topics that interested them.
I've mentioned it a couple of time since, and again, no takers.

So, it's a subject that I mostly just study by myself. As of yet, I don't have a clear picture of what is going on in the kingdom. Almost every time I think I might have a grip on it, something else comes up about it that makes me rethink.
Every now and then a tidbit about it will emerge in some thread, but only as a side-mention in another topic.

So, I wait patiently for a good study of it. It it does, great! If it doesn't, I'll keep being adventurous, holding on to all my puzzle pieces until I can put them in a clear picture form that I can see clearly.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everything in Daniel 12 has been fulfilled.

Christ Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets.
Daniel 12:7-10Modern English Version (MEV)

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was over the water of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time. And when they finish shattering the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

8 As for me, I heard, but I could not understand. So I said, “My lord, what shall be the result of these things?”

9 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel. For these words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified and made white and tried. But the wicked shall do wickedly, and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

HisServant

Daniel 12:7-10Modern English Version (MEV)

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, who was over the water of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand to heaven, and swore by Him who lives forever that it would be for a time, times, and half a time. And when they finish shattering the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

8 As for me, I heard, but I could not understand. So I said, “My lord, what shall be the result of these things?”

9 And he said, “Go your way, Daniel. For these words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified and made white and tried. But the wicked shall do wickedly, and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

AD 70 was the end of time for Judiasm.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

John opened up the sealed scrolls in Revelation.

Then God told John the following:

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

As I said, everything in Daniel 12 has been fulfilled.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John opened up the sealed scrolls in Revelation.

Then God told John the following:

(Rev 22:10) Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near.

As I said, everything in Daniel 12 has been fulfilled.

And when did John open the seals. Is everything that John spoke of fulfilled?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Could be.

A while back I tried to get a discussion going about the millennial kingdom, to gather a lot of verses together that give us a picture of what was to be going on during that time. And then methodically start eliminating the verses that absolutely could not be about the kingdom, as to get an even clearer picture.
It quickly fell by the wayside, as there was literally no others that wanted to discuss it at the time. No biggie, as others were heavily involved with topics that interested them.
I've mentioned it a couple of time since, and again, no takers.

So, it's a subject that I mostly just study by myself. As of yet, I don't have a clear picture of what is going on in the kingdom. Almost every time I think I might have a grip on it, something else comes up about it that makes me rethink.
Every now and then a tidbit about it will emerge in some thread, but only as a side-mention in another topic.

So, I wait patiently for a good study of it. It it does, great! If it doesn't, I'll keep being adventurous, holding on to all my puzzle pieces until I can put them in a clear picture form that I can see clearly.

I can save you a lot of time.

The kingdom exists right now. Christ Jesus sits on His throne, and the Saints reign with Him.

The kingdom will never be on planet earth.

There will never be animal sacrifices for sin atonement in the kingdom.

There are no tears, no crying, no sorrow, no death, etc. in the kingdom.